“Nice room, beautiful meals!”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #19 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Nice room, beautiful meals!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

At the advice of a friend, I changed a reservation elsewhere to stay at the Radisson Blu and was not sorry. Our room was spacious and light with natural woods, and a bath deeply satisfying to my Japanese American soul. But the highlight was the food and the service at Felini, delicious burrata & delectable fresh mozzarella, and yummy tuna tartar on red pepper sauced pasta. Special thanks to Adrianna, the hostess, for going above and beyond in securing me breakfast between service & finding us just the right spot outside in the breezes to watch the world cup.

Room Tip: I like the natural wood rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Harvestmoon333
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am happy that you loved your stay and that you especially enjoyed dining in Filini. I will pass along your compliments to our team. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I haven't even stayed at the Radisson Blu yet, but while booking a reservation I called the hotel and was talking to Chantal Bonnaure and she was wonderful while helping me book the room. I work at a hotel at a front desk also and I understand how difficult it is to be personable to every person that comes through the door. I'm looking forward to my stay at the end of August and meeting the wonderful staff at the Radisson Blu. Chantal went above and beyond any expectations I had for this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that our team has been helpful through your booking process and that you are looking forward to your August stay. I will certainly share your compliments with Chantal. I hope to meet you in August!

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

architecturally stunning, room ready 1 hour early, friendly and helpful front desk staff. Corner Room on 15th floor had view of river and Navy Pier. Walking distance to all the sights we wanted to see. Only complaint is the mini bar situation, charges for looking at the thing is outrageous and should be changed. Are they really losing that much money on the mini bar??? A stupid management decision. Met the charming French manager who was most helpful and friendly as were all the staff we encountered. Will recommend it very highly. Try to get a corner room if possible. Rooms are large and very contemporary. No hotel information in the rooms. Take Blue Line train to Ohare rather than taxi. Takes 1.5 hour but only costs $3.00!!

Room Tip: Try for a corner room for the views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank zack2o012
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our location was ideal for everything you wanted to see in Chicago. I do, however, apologize that your minibar was too sensitive. There are sensors that charge if items are removed, but this should not be affected by viewing or opening the refrigerator. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused for you. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Spent one night in this hotel in mid June. We were upgraded to a corner room with balcony. The room was modern and immaculate. It was the Radisson Blu's "naturally cool" style room with hardwood flooring and light fit and fixtures. We had nice view of the park and Navy Pier/Lake Michigan. The bathroom had a large walk-in shower with rain maker and shower wand, deep soaking tub and a single vanity. There was no hook in the bathroom to hang a towel and not a lot of space around the sink/vanity area. This was tolerable for one night but may have been annoying if staying for several nights. There just wasn't much room to spread out toiletries, cosmetics etc.

The best part of this hotel is the outdoor area. There is a large outdoor pool and hot tubs, several beautiful flower gardens, a grilling area with tables and chairs, several comfy outdoor living room areas, lawns and even a great outdoor running track which circled the building. This outdoor area was located on the 5th and 6th floor levels of the hotel which provided gorgeous bird's eye views of the surrounding park areas and Lake Michigan. There were a few private rooms which could be used for meetings or wedding receptions that opened up onto the outdoor terrace areas.

The lobby, bar and Felini restaurant had modern, eclectic decor and an amazing fresh scent flowed through the common areas. Had breakfast at Felini. Food was excellent and service was prompt. All staff that we encountered were extremely friendly.

Oh, and there is a CVS located adjacent to the hotel.

Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Corner rooms with balcony offer stunning views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunandmartinis
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you loved your experience with us or that the outdoor amenities exceeded your expectations! I will certainly share your wonderful compliments with our team! I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel has fabulous amenities. Large outdoor pool, indoor pool, weight room, basketball court, etc. Also a cushioned running/walking track outside, with great views on the third level, going completely around the property. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Great location. A long block to Millennium Park and a couple blocks to Michigan Avenue. One tip, the towels for the pools are in a hallway between the outdoor and indoor pools.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pather
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled you loved your stay with us and that you enjoyed all of the amenity spaces. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Check-in was a breeze and everyone we spoke to was extremely nice and professional. We were given a delicious dessert and 2 cards by the staff, on for Father's Day and one for our anniversary, which was extremely thoughtful! Our room was beautiful and modern, and unlike any room I've stayed in. We had a fantastic balcony that gave us a view of Navy Pier and a nearby park. My only complaint with the room was the air conditioning didn't seem to work very well, but it was a very hot day in Chicago so I doubt that's a common occurrence and it wouldn't stop me from staying there again.

Be sure to visit the fitness and pool areas-they are amazing!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmlynn05
Thank you for spending your anniversary and Father's Day celebration with us and for leaving a review! I am thrilled you had a great stay and that you plan to return again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Bracebridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel for a week in August of 2013. We wanted to share with your readers what an excellent and enjoyable stay we had at the Blu. It was central to everything that you'd want in Chicago, within walking distance, and if not, then a short ride on the El or cab ride. Please do not miss the Art Institute of Chicago in Grant's Park or Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs. The staff at the Radisson Blu were welcoming and helpful and the restaurant was wonderful. A great feature of the Blu was there swimming pool, located out doors on the 5th or 6th floor, with incredible views of the towing buildings, including the uniquely spiral design of the Blu hotel itself. We would not hesitate in returning to the Radisson Blu the next time we are in Chicago. (Don't forget to hit Little Italy).

Room Tip: See if you can book a room looking south to Chicago's "Magnificent Mile" shopping stri...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rakattack1959
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you loved your stay and our location. I am also glad that you enjoyed the outdoor pool! I hope that we see you again soon!