“Radisson Aqua Blu is an exceptional hotel to stay at in Chicago!”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #19 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Edmonton, Canada
“Radisson Aqua Blu is an exceptional hotel to stay at in Chicago!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Radisson Aqua Blu is modern in every sense of the word...the lobby, bar, and restaurant are open, airy and comfortable...the food at Filini's was exceptional...some nights have live entertainment... the rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, modern, luxurious...the staff is professional, friendly, welcoming, attentive, and always smiling...the hotel is located centrally to all the great sights Chicago has to offer...especially Millenium Park and Grant Park...had a wonderful 10 day stay at our 'home away from home'...would go back again in a heartbeat...will be sure to treat our family to this hotel and experience...Thanks Radisson Aqua Blu and Staff...

Room Tip: Any room has great views of the Chicago skyline...we faced Randolph Street...Pritzer Pavillon at Gra...
Green Features: Radisson Aqua Blu does try to encourage reusing your towels, making the bed as opposed to changing the bed every day...just like you do at home...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy P
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for spending your vacation with us and for taking the time to leave us a review! I am honored that you felt right at home and that you plan to return with family in the future! I look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Beautifully designed both inside and out. Clean, modern with excellent service this has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The rooms are spacious and air conditioned. Complimentary water daily and Wi-Fi separates this hotel from many others in the states. The restaurant and bar are inexpensive, although a wider choice of menu would have suited me better. However with so many other great places to eat and drink in the city, this wasn’t an issue. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel provides some great views across the city
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cooper1023
Thank you for your review! I couldn't be happier that you had a great stay or that you loved your time in the city. I am also happy that you enjoyed Filini and Filini Bar but apologize that there were not more items to your taste. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Belle Mead, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is without a doubt a magnificent hotel in a great location. Everything was well appointed and clean, the staff was friendly, and checkin and checkout were painless.

Despite the positives, it's hard to justify the cost per night unless you plan on spending a lot of time at the hotel and/or using the amenities. In my case, I stayed only one night and I was out sightseeing most of the time so I somewhat regret having spent so much money on a hotel that I couldn't really enjoy. Consider carefully your needs before choosing to stay here.

Also, I might have been a victim of circumstance but there were many noisy guests, some of whom woke me during the night.

Green Features: The hotel is LEED certified so they reduce waste of paperwork, water, towels, emissions, etc.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. I do, however, apologize that you did not have a chance to enjoy all of our amenity spaces and that noise could be heard within your room. I hope that you will return so that you can see everything the hotel has to offer! Thanks again!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I visited Chicago with my partner in January as we travelled out to see my father who lives in an apartment in the Radisson Blu Aqua. I liked how you have the hotel, and apartments within the same building but divided off by floors and with private access lifts for the apartment residents. The hotel is in a great location, a very short walk from Millennium Park and very close by to the Magnificent Mile and the theatre district. The apartments are spacious and well equipped though there were a few problems with bed bugs, but in am unsure if this is a problem that occurs within the hotel as well. The restaurant that is located within the hotel is wonderful, the food is truly superb! I thoroughly enjoyed the cheese that they cut for you and serve to you with bread. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel, as it is well worth the money!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you loved your experience at the hotel. Although the condos and apartments are within the same building and we share amenities, they are separate from the hotel and have a different management team. I assure you we take pest control very seriously and have taken every precaution to prevent any issues within the hotel. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Five Stars all the way, what an extradinary hotel. The entire staff was pleasant and did everything to make my stay expectional. The Room (standard, city view) was great, very modern and clean. I will be back to stay again.

Room Tip: I was pleased with the standard city view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review! I am honored you had a great experience and that you loved your room. I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Davenport, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I would very much recommend this hotel for your stay. Great service upon check in and check out, rooms are beautiful (Room 1624 had amazing views), close to most everything. It is the small things that can make a difference to me. I used to travel for work and I have to say simply having a complimentary bottle of water and liquid creamer with good single serve coffee can make a big impression on me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your review! I am honored that you loved your stay and that you enjoyed all of the small details in your room. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Greenville, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A hotel with an outside pool in Chicago! A hotel with great amenities! Fitness Center was awesome. Close location to Navy Pier, Millennium Park and Michigan Ave. Hardwood floors, full size bathtub too! What else could you want? A CVS 1 block away and a Mariano's Fresh Market for all your groceries, food, select wine, gelato, coffee, etc. When traveling with children, this is a great option to have. We brought our 3 children (8,6 and 4) and could not say anything bad about this hotel. Not to mention an awesome view of the Navy Pier fireworks on Wed & Saturday nights from the pool deck.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your review! I couldn't be happier that you had a great stay or that you loved all of the amenities and our location. I hope we see you and your family again the next time you are in Chicago!