“Radisson Blu Aqua - Chicago”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #28 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We would highly recommend your hotel to anyone, be it for business or pleasure. We have stayed at many hotels worldwide and rate your hotel as the best. From the time we arrived until the time we left, your staff went the extra mile to make our stay as pleasurable as possible. With no exception, everyone from housekeeping, doormen, porters, Concierge were friendly, accommodating, and always asking if they could do more. The room was well cleaned daily and requests for extra coffee, towels or anything else were promptly dealt with. The staff was always ready to help us with our questions and give helpful suggestions for our stay in Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your review! I am honored that you loved your experience at the hotel and that you took the time to recommend us to others. We are thrilled that our team was helpful and enhanced your visit. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Write a ReviewReviews (4,996)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotel's location is great! Room with balcony but very small. Beautifully decorated bathroom. Paying for valet parking is worth the $61.00 if you plan to drive around the city. Close to many restaurants and park. Very nice pool and bar. Would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you plan to return in the future. I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This trip was planned for my husband and I to celebrate me finishing chemotherapy after fighting breast cancer. We wish we would have left this hotel after the first night and gone someplace else. Reserved a room with a park view - we received a room with a view of the roof tops - the fire station was right outside our window - needless to say it gets loud when a call came in. The sheet on our bed was torn - after placing the card on the bed for fresh linens it finally got changed the 3rd day. After the first day the housekeeping staff took our ice bucket and after asking for one 2 days in a row someone finally brought us up a champagne bucket with no lid that sweated all over the counter. While the balcony is nice - there is no point to a balcony that has no furniture on it. If you wanted to use your balcony you had to sit on the ground. The room also had no tub - we didn't think of looking at that when we made the reservation - so that is on us. Came back to the room after sight seeing and the housekeeping staff had left a rag on our bathroom floor 2 days in a row. And we did not consistently have wshcloths. This is not what we expected from a Radisson property and it was very disappointing. After the last day without washcloths my husband did call and talk to someone who took 150.00 off of our bill, of course that is also what the difference was in the park view room we had reserved and the room that we got. On a plus note - the valets were awesome

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the fire station
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KDMcHouston

Thank you for staying with us during such a special occasion, and congratulations on completing chemotherapy. I am truly sorry that you had a disappointing experience at the hotel and that there were some missed details in your room. I also apologize that you would have preferred a room on the other side of the building and that our team was not more helpful in arranging this for you. I am addressing your comments and hope that you will return so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights recently, found great deal via trivago. Hotel was new, facilities were excellent. Free access to all gym facilities which were the best we have used in a while. Would not hesitate to recommend or stay again, impressive hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you loved your experience at the hotel. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I enjoyed a two day trip where I stayed and conducted a business meeting at this hotel. Great facility, outstanding customer service. The room was nice,the modern shower,the balcony view and comfy bed made this hotel too nice for just a business stay. Great location. Parking a bit pricey but very much a part of the landscape and the cost of doing business. I cannot wait for a return. I like the commitment to green but the blue lights in the elevator could be changed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you loved your stay and that your meetings went so well! I am also happy that you enjoyed the design of your room. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived before check in and the hotel staff graciously stored out luggage and valet our car. We then went about our day. Upon our return we were pleasantly surprised with a business upgrade,which include free breakfast, snack and cocktails, and city views. The breakfast was delicious and plenty variety.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review. I could not be happier that you had a great stay or that you enjoyed the upgrade to business class. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Beautiful hotel with a few "tweaks" needed to the rooms and this one would be "outstanding". The pool and pool area on floor 3 is terrific and I highly recommend a visit to it. Excellent night life after hours at the bar though the drinks are a tad pricey. All in all a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to see that you loved your stay including Filini Bar and the pool area. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!