“Excellent Property RUDE FRONT DESK AGENT”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #19 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Excellent Property RUDE FRONT DESK AGENT”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The room was lovely however it was marred by the poor service by "Jamie" at the Front Desk who was rude and short with my daughter and I. He did his job but should definitely not be dealing with the public since he obviously dislikes dealing with people.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amanda B
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize that our team was not helpful with your requests and for any frustration you or your daughter experienced. I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (783)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I arrived around 1PM and had to wait for my room to get ready but the staff made my wait easy. They held my bag and showed me where I could relax while I waited. I made my way to the bar and grill right off from the lobby and had lunch and a cocktail that was excellent and when I explained to the waitress that I was waiting she told me I could sit at the table as long as I would like. She kept my glass of water full at all times and was extremely courteous the entire time. When I went back to the receptionist about 3PM she informed me that my room was ready. The room was very nice and everything was very clean. Great stay and will stay on my next trip to Chicago!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike H
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and that our team was helpful throughout your arrival process. I will be sure to share your compliments with each of them. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

chicago, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had fun celebrating my promotion as well as my boyfriends promotion. I invited my bff over at the hotel and we swimmed and enjoyed the hot tub, steam room as well as basketball. My boyfriend came over in the morning and we had an amazing sex with the radio playing from my IPhone. I can't wait to visit there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a great stay and hope to welcome you back to the hotel during your next trip to Chicago.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Blu Aqua is a rather large hotel, with modern decor. Rooms are large and nicely put together. Due to a rather late arrival I did not do much more than just sleep at the hotel, but the location worked great for getting around to meetings the next morning.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that our location was ideal for all of your meetings throughout the city. I hope that we see you again soon.

Omaha, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Excellent Hotel- Staff is very accomodating and helpful. Room was fantastic, great pool area and location could not be any better. Lalapalooza was going on during our stay and you could not hear any noise from this event in our room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and that your room was peaceful and quiet! I hope we see you again during your next visit to Chicago!

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The good:

The hotel is modern, very attractive, well-designed, with a very nice but not overly trendy "hip" feel to it. The park suite room we had was large and well appointed with a large balcony and a terrific view. Comfortable bed and nice linens. The bathroom was large with a nice rain shower and separate tub. There is a coffee maker, iPad (did not use), large safe, and 2 big screen TVs (did not use them so no comment on the quality).

The staff is professional, polished and clearly have a high standard of service.

It is abundantly evident that a lot of thought and effort went into the design of the hotel, property, and staff training. It's a great place to stay, strongly recommended.

The bad:

It is a little on the expensive side though to be fair our stay was during a large festival nearby and demand was quite high.

There was a fashion show on the outside patio one of the days we stayed. The person setting up the sound system began to test it at 9:15 AM. Waking up to thumping techno music at 9:15 AM is not a positive way to start the day. The hotel should see to it that this sort of thing does not happen, even if it is a vendor making the mistake.

We had breakfast in the restaurant Felini on 8/2/2014. The meal lasted nearly 90 minutes. Breakfast should be easily achieved in under an hour. We had to wait too long to order, for our meals to be delivered, etc. And we had to ask for the basics; coffee refills, utensils, salt and pepper, etc. It was not crowded. Honestly it seemed as though our waitress was having an off day or perhaps was new or ill-suited to the job..

Room Tip: Our room was a park suite on the 5th floor with a large balcony facing south. We were right next to...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was friendly and helpful. I would, however, like to apologize that you were woken during a sound check and that there was a delay with your breakfast service. I am truly sorry for any disappointment or frustration you experienced. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Toronto
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently visited Chicago with my wife and 10 month old son. I stayed at the Radisson Aqua Blu and have nothing but positive things to say about this hotel. The location was perfect right beside Millennial Park and Michigan Ave. They were more than accommodating, giving us a room with a bathtub and an extra mini-fridge. The hotel was really clean and modern and the staff were really friendly. The pool was great and the outdoor terrace was amazing! The only thing I can think of to improve the hotel is to have hooks in the bathroom as there was no place to hang my wet clothes. Beside this a 10/10 experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for your review! We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your experience with us or that you and your family had a perfect getaway! I hope we see you again soon!