“Awesome stay, awesome staff!!”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #30 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

On a recent trip to Chicago for Lollapalooza with two of my friends, we stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua. Check in was a breeze (at 9:30am no less). Each and every time we encountered the staff they were courteous and professional. The location was perfect for an event in Grant Park. From our Balcony, I could see Navy Pier, Grant Park and the River! Michigan Ave and shopping were only 5 minutes away. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in in Chicago and would recommend to anyone traveling to the windy city.

Room Tip: A corner room gives you a wrap-around balcony so you can see in all 4 directions.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience! I could not be happier that you loved your stay or that our location was perfect throughout your weekend! I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Write a ReviewReviews (5,030)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

On our first visit to Chicago, we put our trust in the travel agent. We were not disappointed, hotel room was spacious, well furnished and clean. We even slept through a thunderstorm so the sound proofing must be good.
Location of hotel is ideal for a stroll into the main tourist shopping area's, and easy access to Navy Pier. Walking around area at night time appears to be safe. There's a Pharmacy store a few yards away that sell food etc. and if you want to try breakfast outside the hotel there's a great pancake place 5 mins away.
I would definitely consider using again if I was staying in this part of Chicago again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy that you loved your stay and our location. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Such exciting architecture, and amazing location! You can walk to Milleneum Park and the Art Institute just two blocks away, or Navy Pier and the whole lake walk experience, and an easy walk down Michigan Avenue across the river...we did all of this with ease from the hotel! Staff were so nice and the rooms were great. Went to a wedding there, and the food at the wedding reception rivaled ANY great Chicago restaurant!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such a fantastic experience, and I will share your compliments with our Chef and team. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I chose the Radisson Blue Aqua for my sister's bachelorette weekend in Chicago. I ultimately selected the hotel for their great rooftop pool but once we checked in I soon realized they had so much more to offer. From the moment we walked in we were wowed by the modern, trendy decor and the graciousness of our the staff. Their front desk quickly checked in 12 girls and get us all on our way to start exploring the city with excellent, knowledgeable lunch spot suggestions.

The rooms were clean, spacious and the staff was extremely helpful throughout our 4 night stay. The on site restaurant was also great and offered a lot of options for varied tastes and dietary requirements. Location was perfect and well suited to exploring all of Chicago's attractions. I will def be back next time I visit Chicago.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your review and for spending such a special trip with us! I am thrilled that you had a great stay and that our team was helpful from the moment you arrived! I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

From the moment I walked into the door of the hotel, I loved it. It is very different! Talk about style!!! Every piece in that hotel is so unique. Rooms: CLEAN!!! Let's talk about the floor. WOW! I want that in my house! The bathroom is amazing and very sleek! Bed is comfortable, perfect view and room size. What I loved about this hotel is that it has a wet and a dry sauna!!!!!! Literally this was the BEST amenity! It was SO clean!! fitness room (amazing!), business center, game room! (with pool table!! say whattt!) I will definitely be coming back! Even though the location isn't that great...... I still will HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and that you took the time to share your recommendation. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay, awesome friendly staff. Clean, quiet, beautiful balcony view (extra), well worth it. Would have love more wash cloths. It's located in the perfect spot to navigate the city

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled you loved your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great location and beautiful property in exciting part of downtown Chicago. The proximity to the river, the lake, Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue, at the price, are hard to beat. Plus, for practical purposes, a gourmet grocery store and drugstore are less than a few steps away. Enjoyed the pool, hot tub (it could have been MUCH hotter, though) fitness center and the bouncy running path around the hotel.

Also appreciated the lengthy fireplace in the main lobby.
And now for some quibbles: no advance warning about the dog park next door. Each of our three mornings there, incessant barking served as an alarm clock. We love dogs; we know they bark. Just let your guests know if they're near that side of the property.

Room wasn't ready when we arrived, and the promised phone call from front desk never came when room eventually became ready -- 40 minutes after the supposed 3 p.m. check-in. When the service was good, it was very good. The bellman was exceptionally friendly, and our waitress was, despite being pulled in too many directions, attentive.

Back to weird design things:
No fridge in room to chill beverages. That would be fine if there were an ice bucket big enough to hold more than a single can of soda. And, well, a bigger bucket would have been fine if the ice-machine had worked on our floor. Called down to front desk to request bigger bucket and some ice. Never got the bigger bucket, just ice in the same size container.
I don't really care about cold drinks THAT much.But c'mon, you share a building with a CVS. Do you really think guests are going to buy one can to chill? And do you really think guests are just going to be OK with no ice machine working?

The bathroom looked cool, but it was weirdly designed. Loose tiles in shower, no fan, a toilet so dang high that my feet were dangling mid-air. No full-length mirror (the horrors! But c'mon, you know you'll miss it). Again, nothing "keeping us from having a good time" bad, just weird and something I'd want to tinker with if I were designing this.

We had a wonderful stay in Chicago this past weekend, thanks in large part to your hotel's terrific location and gorgeous pool deck. But we've stayed in many Chicago hotels, and there simply are better hotels for our money.

Room Tip: Get a balcony and a fridge. Rooms on north and east sides are near dog park. Rooms on south side are...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad that there were several positive aspects to your stay and that you loved the pool deck and location. I would, however, like to apologize that you were disappointed with some of the design elements and that some areas needed improvement in service. I will share your comments with our team so that we can continue to improve our operations. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.