“Great customer service”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #28 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 3pm to check in for our one night stay to find out that the room wasn't ready. Sounds like it's going to be the start of a moaning review but the politeness and care of the staff at the front desk made it a positive experience. After apologising and explaining that the hotel had been fully booked the night before, due to the Lollapalooza festival, they took care of our luggage, offered us another room which was ready but didn't have a balcony or gave us the option to use the pool or other hotel facilities whilst we waited for our room to be made ready within the hour. When we opted for the latter & said we'd wait in the bar, we were then offered complimentary drinks & were told that we were going to be given a particularly nice corner room with balcony on two sides. All of this happened voluntarily, with no requests or demands on our part and in the time it took to drink a glass of wine, the room was ready. The room itself was as impressive as promised, with great views on both sides and huge amounts of space in both the bathroom and main bedroom; it felt very special on our first trip to a city famous for its architecture to stay in the tallest building in the world designed by a woman and the swimming pool, with the sensation of swimming surrounded by skyscrapers gave a unique and special viewpoint on the city. Overall, a lovely stay with thoughtful, pleasant staff and great facilities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingBlueberry
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled that you had a great stay and appreciate your compliments about our team. I hope to welcome you back sometime soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Write a ReviewReviews (4,996)

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was everything I hoped for. Great location within walking distance to most attractions and restaurants. Clean, comfortable room with a very large balcony for me to relax and smoke cigars. Accommodating staff, large outdoor pool that's kid friendly and fitness center with a basketball court. I don't have anything to say about my stay here. I will be back if I ever visit Chicago again.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving us a review. I am happy you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is clean and very modern. The rooms were like something out of the movies with its sleek decor. I was there for three days and my stay was wonderful. The staff was great at granting my every wish. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and that our team was helpful with each of your requests. I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We picked this hotel because of the outdoor pool, which we did not end up using because we were so busy exploring the city. But the pool and other amenities made this hotel a great option for any type of stay (ie family, business, relaxation, etc). The rooms were nice, clean and a good size for a downtown hotel. Service was great. Location was good too, although not the closest for shopping and restaurant/bars, but still easily accessible within a 15-20 min walk, or 5 min taxi. All in all, a great place to use as a home base.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am thrilled that you had a great stay and that you were able to walk to all of you favorite destinations. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago! Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Radisson for two nights, booking two rooms on the business level. Overall, I had a great experience. The location is nice, a block away from Millennium/Grant Park, a couple blocks from Michigan Ave. (although most of the shops are on the other side of the river), a few blocks from the river, and walking distance to just about everything (if you don’t mind walking). The valet ($61/night) and front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Our rooms were initially not next to each other but that was quickly changed the front desk. They were even able to provide a mini fridge for us to store milk for my young child. Which reminds me, there is a CVS next door to the hotel that was extremely convenient. Also, they have complementary umbrellas, incase it rains, which it did during our stay, a lot.

The rooms themselves were spacious and clean. Our king room had nice wood floors with a stand-up shower and large soaking tub. The double room had carpet, no tub, but did have a balcony. Both rooms came equipped with a minibar (DON’T touch it if you don’t want to pay for it) and an espresso machine. Out our city view we were able to catch glimpses of the river and lake, but mostly looked into an office building that was not all that close. One thing you should know is that there is a firehouse on the north side of the building, so you will hear sirens from time-to-time. But honestly, I didn’t feel like we heard them anymore than I have staying in other hotels downtown Chicago.

The business lounge was a great extra. It was a great place to start or end the night. They had tasty snacks and drinks throughout the day and a standard continental breakfast to start the morning. The young man (it kills men that I forgot his name) working the lounge was great. He was just the right balance of friendly/helpful, without being overbearing.

Two things that I did not experience were the restaurant/bar and the pool. Unfortunately, the pools were closed during out stay. This was a disappointment but did not ruin our stay. The restaurant and bar both looked really nice, but with the business lounge at our disposal, and a small child in tow, we did not check out either.

In the end, I would highly recommend this place and I have already booked my next stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! I couldn't be happier that you had such a fantastic stay or that you enjoyed the business lounge. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I initially chose the Blu Aqua for it's architecture. The building alone is something to behold. Once inside, the experience is even better. We ate at Fellini, the Italian restaurant in the lobby and were incredibly impressed. My expectations for restaurants in lobbies are low, but Fellini could stand on it's own anywhere. Highly recommended. The rooftop pool and running track offer the perfect place to socialize and spend time. Whether on the balcony or on the lower rooftop pool/recreation area, the views are excellent. The room was dark, clean, and quiet. Honestly have no bad things to say. This is a great choice of hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony for a little extra money. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you loved your stay and your experience in Filini. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just back from a four night stay at this property. I was completely impressed by the décor and the unique flavor of this property. It is ultra chic , modern and has excellent amenities. The rooms and bathrooms are very trendy, the staff is extremely knowledgeable and courteous. I can't say enough about our stay at Aqua, without hesitation I would book here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you had a great stay and that our team was friendly and knowledgeable. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you are in Chicago!