“Fantastic Experience”

Ranked #14 of 650 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a step back in time to the Gilded Age with banker Samuel Nickerson's mansion. Explore all three floors of the museum and discover how the Nickerson family lived and socialized. Tours are an extra $5, but well worth it.
Irving, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a great time-travel opportunity. A beautiful Gilded Age mansion with an impressive collection of art work and Tiffany glass.

• Greek first
Springboro, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great for a Tiffany's collection”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was looking forward to this viewing this house on our trip. It said in our travel book that it had been decorated in the time period and also housed a collection of various Tiffany artifacts. I love looking at different time period decorated houses and palaces. The Driehaus museum was decorated on the main floor but the rest of the house was all of the Tiffany's collection so I was a bit disappointed. We did not take the walking tour and maybe I would have come away with more satisfaction if we had but I was not as excited when we left as I thought I would be. I would say for me it was not worth the 40 dollar price tag for the 2 of us. They do offer some discounts though and if you really want to see an excellent Tiffany collection you will not be disappointed.

2 Thank paitie
Limassol Cyprus
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Superb Tiffany glass”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A lovely old building with a superb collection of Tiffany glass. It is a relatively small museum but along with the stained glass museum at the Navy Pier, well worth the visit.

Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“A peek into the gilded age”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Free tours give lots of insight into the property and lifestyle. Beautifully furnished with so many precious antiques. Nothing to dislike. It's uncrowded and under the radar.

Naperville, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wonderful Restoration and History in the heart of Chicago”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

What a pleasant surprise to uncover this Chicago treasure! I went to see the special Tiffany exhibit which was great. Ultimately, I fell in love with the building itself. The docent did a fantastic job talking about the history of the owners. This is indeed a gift to Chicago. I thought I would be on my way in an hour or so and scratched the surface with an entire morning of time spent well.

Visited June 2014