This was my first trip to Chicago and we got the rooms on priceline.com for $100 per night. I went with 2 other people who shared a room and I had my own room. The room for two people had two TWIN beds. I couldn't believe my eyes! I have never seen twin beds in a hotel in my life. These were two grown men and they said they felt like they were in summer camp or having a slumber party. My first room also had two beds, but the front desk was very accomodating and let me switch right away to a room with one FULL size bed (also extremely strange to me). However, when i went down to get my room key, the front desk clerk jokingly suggested that I might be a problem guest and told me not to come back down to get a room with a view. And yes, I had absoloutely no view except of an alley and another building in my 1/4 size window. However I was happy enough to not have to sleep in a twin bed.
The rooms were nicely and contemporarily decorated, but the overall hotel layout was still odd (like having to enter rooms on an angle, really small hallways, weird windows, tiny terrible tv).
The stangest part of my entire experience is that they have a sign in the bathroom that says something about how to conserve energy and water, they will only replace towels every other day (also the same for bedsheets). However, if you would like them to replace towels before the second day, that you may place them on the bathroom floor and they will be happy to replace them with fresh towels. Well I decided i needed new towels and after the first night, i placed my towels on the floor to be replaced. After a long day, I got back to my hotel and went to take a shower. The hotel staff took my dirty towels but didn't replace them with any towels. I literally had not one towel in my entire bathroom. I called housekeeping, which apparently is closed after 5 or 6pm and got transferrred to the front desk. The front desk sent someone up with an incomplete set of towels in about 25 minutes. I found this to be an annoyance an inconvenience and for the remainder of my trip never put towels on the floor again for fear they would not be replaced.
The last part I want to discuss is my checkout process. The purpose of my trip was business and one of the people I was travelling with had put the room on his company credit card. The day we checked out, we got caught in a business meeting and had to advise the hotel we were checking out late. Even though we told them we would be done and out by 3pm, they never told us there would be an incremental charge of $30 from 1pm-3pm and another $36 from 3pm-6pm and finally after 6pm another $216!!! We checked out at 5pm and when I asked them to place the charge on the original card, they demanded to see it (fortunately my coworker was still there). Plus I asked to pay for my room service on a separate personal credit card, which they told me would not be a problem and took my card. However the next day I checked my credit card statement and they had charged both the room service and the late room fee on my credit card and have yet to refund my money.
The best things about the hotel were the centralized location, bottled water machines, the bar/restaurant connected to the hotel (which had last call at 12:15am on a Friday night - totally odd to a New Yorker), and the lobby had a lovely little room with internet and coffee and a tv 5 times the size of the ones provided in the room. But these nice amenities in no way made up for where this hotel was lacking.
Would I stay here again? No. Definately not. There are too many options in such a large, lovely city to waste my time again at the Club Quarters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters, Chicago - Central Loop provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere in the center of the Central Loop Chicago's downtown district near LaSalle. It is a convenient walk to the Symphony Center, the Art Institute, The Board of Trade, the Sears Tower and Grant Park. The hotel is minutes to fine dining, shopping and entertainment. Club Quarters provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Fast, easy self check-in and check-out • Fast, free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in-room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Fridge and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled purified bottled water• 7 meeting and event rooms available maximum reception style 200 people• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available• Value rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Chicago - Central Loop Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Quarters Chicago Central Loop