“Eh...I've stayed in better and I've stayed in worse.”

Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop
Ranked #91 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 18 November 2007

This was my first trip to Chicago and we got the rooms on priceline.com for $100 per night. I went with 2 other people who shared a room and I had my own room. The room for two people had two TWIN beds. I couldn't believe my eyes! I have never seen twin beds in a hotel in my life. These were two grown men and they said they felt like they were in summer camp or having a slumber party. My first room also had two beds, but the front desk was very accomodating and let me switch right away to a room with one FULL size bed (also extremely strange to me). However, when i went down to get my room key, the front desk clerk jokingly suggested that I might be a problem guest and told me not to come back down to get a room with a view. And yes, I had absoloutely no view except of an alley and another building in my 1/4 size window. However I was happy enough to not have to sleep in a twin bed.

The rooms were nicely and contemporarily decorated, but the overall hotel layout was still odd (like having to enter rooms on an angle, really small hallways, weird windows, tiny terrible tv).

The stangest part of my entire experience is that they have a sign in the bathroom that says something about how to conserve energy and water, they will only replace towels every other day (also the same for bedsheets). However, if you would like them to replace towels before the second day, that you may place them on the bathroom floor and they will be happy to replace them with fresh towels. Well I decided i needed new towels and after the first night, i placed my towels on the floor to be replaced. After a long day, I got back to my hotel and went to take a shower. The hotel staff took my dirty towels but didn't replace them with any towels. I literally had not one towel in my entire bathroom. I called housekeeping, which apparently is closed after 5 or 6pm and got transferrred to the front desk. The front desk sent someone up with an incomplete set of towels in about 25 minutes. I found this to be an annoyance an inconvenience and for the remainder of my trip never put towels on the floor again for fear they would not be replaced.

The last part I want to discuss is my checkout process. The purpose of my trip was business and one of the people I was travelling with had put the room on his company credit card. The day we checked out, we got caught in a business meeting and had to advise the hotel we were checking out late. Even though we told them we would be done and out by 3pm, they never told us there would be an incremental charge of $30 from 1pm-3pm and another $36 from 3pm-6pm and finally after 6pm another $216!!! We checked out at 5pm and when I asked them to place the charge on the original card, they demanded to see it (fortunately my coworker was still there). Plus I asked to pay for my room service on a separate personal credit card, which they told me would not be a problem and took my card. However the next day I checked my credit card statement and they had charged both the room service and the late room fee on my credit card and have yet to refund my money.

The best things about the hotel were the centralized location, bottled water machines, the bar/restaurant connected to the hotel (which had last call at 12:15am on a Friday night - totally odd to a New Yorker), and the lobby had a lovely little room with internet and coffee and a tv 5 times the size of the ones provided in the room. But these nice amenities in no way made up for where this hotel was lacking.

Would I stay here again? No. Definately not. There are too many options in such a large, lovely city to waste my time again at the Club Quarters.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,817)

Reviewed 30 October 2007

We stayed at the Club Quarters loop location on the nights of Oct. 19 & 20, 2007. We got a rate of $95/night on Priceline.com.
We were put in the "standard" room, which consisted of a double bed, small desk, nightstand, and very small bathroom. Our biggest complaint was the bathroom. It was so very small and cramped that we did not have any room to put our toiletries--there was one shelf that was about 5" wide by 20" long, that's it. Also, the bathroom did not have a fan, and there seemed to be something wrong with the flush valve in the toilet, as the toilet dripped water all night long. There was no iron or ironing board in the room. The room was quite noisy at night--you could hear the sound of traffic, sirens, and the L-train.

Plus's --Front desk was very helpful, the room was clean.

Probably would not stay here again.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed 24 October 2007

We went to Chicago to visit friends and attend the Taste of Chicago. This hotel was in a perfect location to this event. It was about a 5 block walk from the Taste, which was on Columbus Drive. The hotel was clean, very nice, and it was a very large room. I highly recommend staying here and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2007

Found with package on Travelocity inclusive of airfare. Yes rooms are small, but clean and extra touches such as free wireless access, also nice touch of complimentary bottled water in hallways. Staff more than accomodating, things such as holding luggage when arriving early and also when leaving late afternoon for Ohare. Nice exercise facility, although three of four treadmills not working. Overall great value and would definetely go back. Also assume that on site British Pub is good because it was always packed, we never did go in there. Took blue train from Ohare and walked one block to hotel!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2007

Very nice hotel. We stayed for 2 nights. Asked for extra pillows and roll away and received them very promptly. Our room was very clean and modern. We got a room on priceline, so decided to upgrade to a suite. It was a very nice room. Not 2 rooms but bigger than other regular rooms. The staff was excellant. The beds were very good also. The only thing I don't like is you have to put your key in the elavator every time you go to your room. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2007

After reading a few reviews on this hotel, i expected to arrive for a room the size of a matchbox. But to my surprise it's larger than previous guests describe. Our room has a small kitchenette (microwave, sink, utensils, plates and a mini-ref). the layout is great and everything seems to be well maintained.

There is a starbucks in the building and a 7-11 just across the street. This hotel is just a few blocks away from the blue line, so use the trains going into the city from the o'hare (just $2 one way! cheap!) The EL train stations are also close by so going to any tourist attraction is easy.

Try buying the ride-all-you-can CTA tickets, it's well worth the price.

With free wi-fi internet and bottled water. This hotel is a great find!

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 17 September 2007

This hotel can be recommended if you want the Loop and you can get a good deal. My single was small, but I've had lots smaller, and this was clean and comfortable. The shower (no tub) was odd, long and with a nozzle you can take down and use like a hose. The little fridge worked well, and there was a sink, tableware and a micro that I didn't need. You get ice and buckets on the third floor, which also has a washer and dryer (free!) and a couple of computers with Internet access with printers (also free). There are two more computers in the pleasant lounge, and you can get toothpaste and toothbrushes at the front desk. Location is the biggest factor, though - easy walking distance from the El for both airports, and closed to most Loop attractions. My one complaint is that you can hear your neighbor's TV if he has it on too loud. I didn't try the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo