“Great Location and Value”

Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop
Ranked #94 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 24 December 2007

I rate this ABOVE AVERAGE + Great location if you are traveling by train, only 3 blocks from Union Station. Very easy to walk to theater district and not a bad walk from Michigan Ave shopping. Star bucks and Elephant & Castle Pub are djacent with 24 hour 7-Eleven across the street.

Small, clean room but it was very well laid out with everything we possibly needed. We saw much smaller rooms in Chigaco for more money. We got an excellent rate for tis stay at Hotels.com.

Computers with Internet in the lobby were nice and the desk clerks were very helpful and polite. Would recommend for any single or couple going to Chicago for a visit. We are planning to stay there again in a few weeks .

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kcalmole
Write a ReviewReviews (1,827)

Reviewed 19 December 2007

I booked this trip on Hotwire so I didnt get to choose the hotel. The location and price were great though for what was listed as a 3 star hotel.

Im 6'4 so consider that before reading further.

Everything about the hotel was small...the lobby, the elevator, the halls, the rooms. The room had a tiny bed, a tiny window, a tiny bathroom, and overall just very small. It wasnt bad since I didnt do anything but sleep there but it was easily the smallest hotel room Id ever seen. For the hotwire price I cant complain though.

Hotel is within walking distance of the Sears Tower, Lake Michigan, Chicago River, and Magnificent Mile. Or you can take the subway to wherever you want to go. Not many places to eat around the hotel so you will have to walk several blocks away. Subway station is 2 blocks either way.

Overall a decent hotel, more suited for smaller people traveling alone. I dont think any rooms have more than one bed.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank Sublimebrad
Reviewed 19 December 2007

A great location within walking distance of everything South of the river, where most of the business centers are located. Great food and theatre within a very short walk ...

• Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank brimyn
Reviewed 19 December 2007

There are Pro's and Con's to this hotel. The front desk is awesome. Especially Joseph- He was super informative very very helpful. I called from O'hare Airport and asked how to get to their hotel. He gave me step by step directions that litterally took me all the way to the door. He booked a shuttle trip for me back to the airport, and instead of just telling me the information, that I may have forgotten, he typed it up. Anything I needed, he did his best to get me, or find alternatives.

Hotel Pros.
Automated Check In... Never seen this before, Thanks again Joseph

Very clean rooms
Free Wifi
Friendly staff

Cons.

Super Small Rooms

Pros out weigh cons in my opinion.
I will stay here again. I will stay here everytime Im in Chicago.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank SportCO
Reviewed 18 December 2007

I recently stayed at Club Quarters-Central Loop. The place was clean and a nice room off the lobby with computers, cookies and coffee. The rooms although a littler smaller had all the amenities and if i needed something else and the front desk staff got it for me. Aaron, Alyia and Marcus was tending to the guest and were quite knowledgable of the area and restaurants. I would stay here for sure agian and again, you just can't beat the price.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank chicag0travel0r
Reviewed 3 December 2007

Do not stay at this hotel. This hotel was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at.

1- The hotel staff is EXTREMELY rude. I am a very laid-back low key person and I could not believe the rudeness with their personal conversation, gum chewing, and overall lack of personal care to me as I checked in, checked out or ask the staff questions on directions. I was hoping they would at least fake a smile or make eye contact. I would get better service from a comatose monkey.

2- Valet parking is a joke -- the valet was not at the front as I circled 4 times and called from the car to the front desk asking "do you have valet"? Finally he came out and than he stated to me "its $36 per night - you should save your money" WTF!!!!!!!!

3- Rooms were extremely small with a bed that was a little bigger than a twin bed. I'm thinking that's fine because I'm only paying $169 per night. The WORST -- they had put a feather bed on top of the bed to make it "nice" and all the feathers were pokeing through pricking my skin all night. I thought I was being bitten by bugs at first--- turns out it was the feather from the feather bed. No extra sheets nothing to put on top of that.

I would never ever stay at this place. I stayed here because a friend mentioned that this was located to where I needed to be. NOT WORTH THE MONEY --EVEN IF THEIR RATES ARE CHEAPER---YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!! THEY SUCK!!!!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2007

This was my first trip to Chicago and we got the rooms on priceline.com for $100 per night. I went with 2 other people who shared a room and I had my own room. The room for two people had two TWIN beds. I couldn't believe my eyes! I have never seen twin beds in a hotel in my life. These were two grown men and they said they felt like they were in summer camp or having a slumber party. My first room also had two beds, but the front desk was very accomodating and let me switch right away to a room with one FULL size bed (also extremely strange to me). However, when i went down to get my room key, the front desk clerk jokingly suggested that I might be a problem guest and told me not to come back down to get a room with a view. And yes, I had absoloutely no view except of an alley and another building in my 1/4 size window. However I was happy enough to not have to sleep in a twin bed.

The rooms were nicely and contemporarily decorated, but the overall hotel layout was still odd (like having to enter rooms on an angle, really small hallways, weird windows, tiny terrible tv).

The stangest part of my entire experience is that they have a sign in the bathroom that says something about how to conserve energy and water, they will only replace towels every other day (also the same for bedsheets). However, if you would like them to replace towels before the second day, that you may place them on the bathroom floor and they will be happy to replace them with fresh towels. Well I decided i needed new towels and after the first night, i placed my towels on the floor to be replaced. After a long day, I got back to my hotel and went to take a shower. The hotel staff took my dirty towels but didn't replace them with any towels. I literally had not one towel in my entire bathroom. I called housekeeping, which apparently is closed after 5 or 6pm and got transferrred to the front desk. The front desk sent someone up with an incomplete set of towels in about 25 minutes. I found this to be an annoyance an inconvenience and for the remainder of my trip never put towels on the floor again for fear they would not be replaced.

The last part I want to discuss is my checkout process. The purpose of my trip was business and one of the people I was travelling with had put the room on his company credit card. The day we checked out, we got caught in a business meeting and had to advise the hotel we were checking out late. Even though we told them we would be done and out by 3pm, they never told us there would be an incremental charge of $30 from 1pm-3pm and another $36 from 3pm-6pm and finally after 6pm another $216!!! We checked out at 5pm and when I asked them to place the charge on the original card, they demanded to see it (fortunately my coworker was still there). Plus I asked to pay for my room service on a separate personal credit card, which they told me would not be a problem and took my card. However the next day I checked my credit card statement and they had charged both the room service and the late room fee on my credit card and have yet to refund my money.

The best things about the hotel were the centralized location, bottled water machines, the bar/restaurant connected to the hotel (which had last call at 12:15am on a Friday night - totally odd to a New Yorker), and the lobby had a lovely little room with internet and coffee and a tv 5 times the size of the ones provided in the room. But these nice amenities in no way made up for where this hotel was lacking.

Would I stay here again? No. Definately not. There are too many options in such a large, lovely city to waste my time again at the Club Quarters.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business