“Love this place!”

Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop
Ranked #91 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel is a gem! The staff was overly friendly and very accommodating. Each floor has a guest service closet with extra blankets and pillows. There are also water bottles and cold filtered water by the elevators! What a nice perk. My suitcase broke and the guest service lady went over and beyond to help me find something to fix it. We took the South Shore train from Michigan City, to the Van Buren train station - the hotel is maybe a 15 minute brisk walk away. It is close to the Sky Deck/Willis/Sears Tower. We walked to Millenium Park and to the Magnificent Mile for shopping. It was a long walk, but totally do-able for us. (In our 40s with teenagers) The hotel was very clean. The kitchenette had a microwave, nice size fridge, sink and plates/utensils. I've stayed in a few other hotels in Chicago, but this one is my favorite. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We upgraded to a kitchenette with pull out sofa for $8! It was very roomy and definitely worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed solo two midweek nights here and would return again. Good value for the money especially given the prime location. Check in and out was smooth. The room was small, but well appointed and with compact design that made it feel more spacious than it was. HVAC system fan hummed continuously, which I thought might bother me but turned out to work like a white noise machine….constant, steady and not distracting.

Room pluses: Firm comfy beds and bedding, decent water pressure, windows that crack to let fresh air in, Keurig coffeemaker, reliable free wireless internet.

Drawbacks: Television too far away from bed to see well, and the slowest response to remote ever; greasy off-brand lotion (in a name brand bottle); a little light on the water pressure in the shower, but manageable.

I was not able to visit their snack room, nor the workout room so I can not report on that. The elevators (2) were a bit of a wait during crunch time. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

The only big issue for me were the 6 am wakeup calls that I did not order. After the first one, I told the front desk. They checked their system, said they didn’t know why that happened but it wouldn’t happen again. The next morning it did again!

I’ve gone back and forth on whether to stick with 4 stars, or drop them to 3 given the wakeup calls but I’m giving this place the benefit of the doubt because in almost every other respect it met my expectations.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our route 66 journey. The car park is not adjoined to the hotel and was a bit of a trek with all our cases- valet parking is way too expensive! Reception staff were pleasant but impersonal. The room was tiny and very basic- I would have expected more for what we paid. There is an adjoining bar and restaurant which has a good atmosphere and decent food. The business centre was well equipped. The main selling point is location and I suppose thats what you are actually paying for when you stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debbiek37
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip - what a delight! Cheerful check-in staff, spacious rooms, and all the necessary mod-cons. The water bottles available on each floor are a particularly nice feature, and there is a great business centre / work space / lounge downstairs - complete with a fridge of Diet Coke ("Sodas"), bean-to-cup espresso machine, etc.

The location is great - both for meetings, and for a walk around the main architectural highlights surrounding 'the loop'. Transport to and from the airport was no problem at all by taxi; even in full rush hour, it took less than 50 minutes.

Room Tip: High up, just to avoid the street noise.
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I am forced to use this hotel by my employer due to cost. Otherwise I would go elsewhere due to my overall experience with service. Location is the best thing about this hotel in the heart of the Loop. Rooms range from small to tiny, which I don't really care about since it's only me, but be warned if you need room. Beds are hard, street noise is horrible in some rooms, even in the higher floors, and the heat and air conditioning are turned on in the hotel based on schedule, not weather. The biggest problem is that the staff doesn't seem to really care about long term customer service. They do what's necessary in the moment. However, as a returning customer, they really don't pay any attention at all to my needs or preferences - and they don't seem to get them right! It's not hard, folks - I'm not demanding. I have begun to stay elsewhere when I can and will continue to advise people to do so. It's cheap but don't expect quality service or quality rooms. Look for good deals elsewhere. I do.

Room Tip: Floors 9 and 10 have been renovated more recently and riooms are much nicer than other rooms.
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel because it was close to where we wanted to be, and was one of the cheapest around. But, the price does not reflect the quality. The room was very clean and nice (a little small, especially the bathroom) and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. They had filtered water dispensers and empty water bottles for you to use, which I love and hope every hotel will start doing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel with a friend for a long weekend in Chicago. It was reasonably priced considering its location. It is very central and we could walk to all the main sights from there. It is very close to the Willis tower.
There is a pub attached to it, which was very handy for breakfast or drinks.

The room was a little small but very clean and staff was very helpful.

So a very good experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Chicago!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends