“Smallest room EVER!!”

Ranked #93 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Smallest room EVER!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Our room is only barely big enough for the bed! It barely accommodates one person and definitely not two! There is only one nightstand so I had to pass my eyeglasses over to my husband so he could put them down. Room next door is so close to ours and both so oddly shaped that we can't both enter or exit rooms at same time.

Never again no matter how good the location!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Susan K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glen Head, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here one night when my apartment was being worked on and when I found it for a reasonable deal online. This hotel which was about $140 after taxes at the rate I got it at was a very good Chicago Loop Hotel. It felt like the atmosphere for business sorts who worked in the financial sector, it had a good bar downstairs, and it was overall easy to get to being located in the proximity of Willis Tower, Union Station, and the LaSalle Street financial district. I noticed this hotel encouraged a membership in a Club Quarters organization for prospective guests to stay at this and other Club Quarters hotels. While I did not take advantage of that, I saw it as a worthy program for someone who is looking to join. Overall I'd recommend this hotel for anyone interested in staying in Chicago in The Loop especially if one can get an online rate for it as it will feel like one of the $200-$300 a night hotels for a fraction of the price.

Room Tip: Book whatever room you can find on a site offering promotions
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank conrade886
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel was in the *perfect* location, accommodations were clean, cozy, and quiet. It's a business traveler hotel, so the rooms are small--yet comfortable. It is quite convenient for internet access, workspace, etc. Elephant and Castle restaurant is attached and offers room service. There are a plethora of restaurants and pharmacies (to purchase snacks, etc) nearby. There is a Starbuck's next-door. It is a quick walk to the Art Institute of Chicago, the Magnificent Mile, Grant Park, Shops, etc. A great sandwich shop nearby is Hannah's Brezel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators for a quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nuthatch33
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for my mom's birthday and it was very convenient . The staff is friendly and the hotel is clean. The rooms are small but we didin't spend too much time in our room so it worked out.This hotel is close to everything. The only downside is valet parking or parking period. The valet to me my truck was too big to be valet so I had to drop it off about 2 blocks away at 11pm.i would recommend this hotel to anyone the price is pretty good for the location and the hotel isn't bad at all. I will be coming back here.

• Stayed May 2014
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was booked here by my company for work travel. I couldnt find much about the property online, but I will say that the pics are all accurate. It is a business traveler hotel, with a 24 hour concierge. They have a "club living room" and a fitness room. All rooms include a comfortable and ergonomic workstation/desk area. Rooms are well-lit. Fast wireless throughout the property. They have a chilled, purified bottled water station on each floor (free). A unique idea called the guest request closet on each floor includes items like extra beddings, coffee, tea, and irons and ironing boards. They have an iPad load program. Elephant and Castle restaurant is attached and offers room service. Also a Potbelly next door. But the prime location (near Willis/"Sears" tower and State Street) make staying in your room undesirable.

Room Tip: There are a variety of room sizes, I stayed in a regular room, which had a good desk/workstation wit...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Swansea, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay at the Club Quarters due to my company's office is right around the corner. So really its a matter of convenience that I stay here not really because of the amenities. I do like their check-in kiosks and their water bottle stations on each floor by the elevator. The rooms and bathrooms are a bit stale on decor.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Beaumont, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here with my sister while in Chicago. We booked online on hotels.com and it wasn't mentioned that most of the rooms have one single bed. When we arrived we ended up getting one double bed so we asked the front desk to switch us to two beds. We ended up in a room with two single beds which was fine for us. I found the beds really comfortable and the room had everything we needed except an iron and ironing board. It would have been nice to have that available in the room instead of having to call down for them to be brought up.

The hotel is downtown and walking distance to anything you need. There is an Elephant and Castle pub right next door which we found convenient.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends