“Unparalleled customer service.”

Ranked #92 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago illinois
“Unparalleled customer service.”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I travel to Chicago often throughout the year. I have stayed as a guest at this establishment many times. This visit I accidentally double booked myself. Amy assisted me with the cancellation and check in. She is always delightful, professional and patient.The staff at this location make the decision in choosing where I will room when visiting Chicago. Upon check out, I was assisted by JD and Nick.They were just as sincere. The management is fantastic (Mike). Great location, great rooms, great pricing.i have been continuously satisfied.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The room was small, but that didn't bother us at all. We stayed a whole weekend there and it was a great experience. The staff was super friendly and nice. The location was central to a lot of areas and near a train station and bus stop. We didn't have issues with anyone in the area, even when walking back to the hotel at 3 am on a Friday night. This will most likely be our go-to hotel when we take weekend trips to Chicago for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I spent a couple of nights at the Club Quarters Chicago/Central Loop hotel in early June 2014. It's a relatively small hotel. My very first impression was that it was going to be somewhat impersonal when I saw that they had electronic kiosks for checking in. But there was a very personable woman there who helped electronically check myself and a friend in. It was quick and easy. The people at the front desk were attentive and friendly as well, ready to answer questions and provide directions.

The hotel is located right in the Loop, central to most transit (buses, CTA subways and EL lines), close to State Street, Michigan Avenue, and easily accessible to lakefront parks and attractions. Taxis are easy to come by on Adams Street.

There is a lower-level lounge where complimentary coffee/tea and light snacks (biscotti, chips, olives, candies, etc.) are available, as well as several computer stations and a printer for guests to use. Very handy for accessing and printing a boarding pass, or checking e-mail.

Impressively, free Wi-Fi was available throughout the hotel. I've stayed in many higher priced hotels where internet access was available for $10 - 15 per day. So, I was impressed with the availability of high-speed internet access in the room at no charge.

At the elevator lobby on each floor is a dispenser of chilled, filtered water with plastic bottles to take to your room, or on the road. A coffee maker in the room is handy as well.

The bathroom was clean and efficient, with a shower that could be used either on the wall, or hand-held, with an adjustable spray.

I carry my own iPad, but there was a sign in the elevator announcing the availability of loaner iPods to hotel guests - another nice touch.

The hotel didn't sport a grand lobby, or particularly elegant dining (The Elephant and Castle Restaurant, which is pleasant, is attached through the lobby). The rooms are not particularly spacious. But everything is much more than just minimally serviceable. The room was pleasant, and I had a very nice view. I've been in larger hotels and often had to wait a very long time for elevators, but never had a long wait during this stay.

The only negative in my entire hotel experience was the clock radio, on which I was unable to really pull in much beyond static and some tinny, drifting stations. But with the available Wi-Fi, I streamed WBEZ through my iPad, so I was happy.

Overall, I was very impressed with a very efficient and friendly hotel in the center of Chicago's Loop at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Missouri
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel was great for the one night we stayed. The parking for the unloading was a bit tight and you had to park in a garage around a corner which cost $24 per night or they will valet park for $45, but that is beyond the hotel to control. Justin was so helpful. The room was cozy enough for the two of us and there were a lot of things within walking distance such as Starbucks and 7-11 :-) The bed seemed a big hard to me but I know I am use to mine at home...Everyone on the staff was super helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone :-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is not the Club Quarters on Wacker. The neighborhood, inside the Loop, is very close to many attractions but seemed a bit seedy and dangerous at night. The hotel room was a bit worn, but the service was excellent and all was very clean and comfortable. You cannot beat the value at this location in the city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RachelR
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Our room is only barely big enough for the bed! It barely accommodates one person and definitely not two! There is only one nightstand so I had to pass my eyeglasses over to my husband so he could put them down. Room next door is so close to ours and both so oddly shaped that we can't both enter or exit rooms at same time.

Never again no matter how good the location!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Susan K
Glen Head, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here one night when my apartment was being worked on and when I found it for a reasonable deal online. This hotel which was about $140 after taxes at the rate I got it at was a very good Chicago Loop Hotel. It felt like the atmosphere for business sorts who worked in the financial sector, it had a good bar downstairs, and it was overall easy to get to being located in the proximity of Willis Tower, Union Station, and the LaSalle Street financial district. I noticed this hotel encouraged a membership in a Club Quarters organization for prospective guests to stay at this and other Club Quarters hotels. While I did not take advantage of that, I saw it as a worthy program for someone who is looking to join. Overall I'd recommend this hotel for anyone interested in staying in Chicago in The Loop especially if one can get an online rate for it as it will feel like one of the $200-$300 a night hotels for a fraction of the price.

Room Tip: Book whatever room you can find on a site offering promotions