“Great location but service is even better”

Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop
Ranked #93 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Close to everywhere we wanted to go: Art Institute, theatres, Cultural Center, architecture tours, Millenium Park, Blues Festival, restaurants, on and on. Best of all was the service. We arrived with reservation problems that we had generated on our own and got help in settling them with great courtesy and kindness. We are not usually fussy travelers (at least that is not our self image) but somehow we needed help, advice, etc. at most every turn and it was there from all quarters. DEFINITELY will come back. It was so good we made a point of collecting the names of the good folks who stepped forward for us: Amy, JD, Justin, Karina, Lisa, Nick. Oh, and housekeeping as well (yes, we left a tip!).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank davidgroche
There are newer reviews for Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful!! Location location. Right on the river, steps from Michigan Avenue. The rooms are very spacious and modern, the staff is superb!! Steps away from great restaurants, and wonderful shopping. My first time here but will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wilfredo M
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed in Club Quaters Chicago for 1 week on business. It is ideally located in the commercial district which was very handy. The room was basic- but clean. It had all the necessities you would expect and the Free WIFI is always handy. The bathrooms were on the small side- but what it is what you would expect for the price you pay.

Overall it was a pleasant stay; the staff were very friendly and approachable, and I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

For downtown Chicago and in the loop, hard to beat the price. Yes the rooms are small, but it is relatively quiet and comfortable. WiFi is included and everything is in walking distance. I took Amtrak in and walked over from Union Station a couple blocks. How convenient and I stayed oil free the whole time!

Room Tip: Check in just slightly early for the best choices, check in time is 3 PM. I was able to get in just...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Club Quarters Chicago - Central Loop is a tiny place. It barely registers a blip on the sidewalk when you arrive at it, with a sign outside for it so small you feel like you're playing Where's Waldo trying to find the place.

Once inside, you have a couple of people crammed behind a tiny front desk waiting to check you in. They are nice people mind you, they just look a little crowded trying to take care of you while they bang each others elbows doing so.

I took a tiny elevator up to a floor with narrow hallways to arrive at a cramped cul-de-sac of rooms. I chose my room and with one swipe of my card, I entered a narrow hall with one side having a tiny closet and another side having a tiny bathroom. My closet is so small, they don't even have an iron or ironing board in it. It would probably be tiny anyway.

My bed barely fit in my room, at the end of the narrow room, with the headboard on one wall with the foot board close to the other wall. I had two tiny nightstands with my clock and phone next to my double bed. No room for a queen or king here.

At a strange angle to my bed, not in front of it and not beside it, I had a tiny TV mounted on the wall. It was a modern flat screen type, but had to be small to fit the room. I turned it on and watched tiny people on it giving the news. I turned it off. I'd rather watch my smart phone.

The only thing that was not tiny was the work desk where I am typing this review from right now. It has a generous space on it for my computer, phones, personal items and even my coffee maker. At least this important part of the room for me is actually usable and takes up 1/3 of the wall in the narrow room. It's really the only thing I liked in it.

They ran out of newspapers for me this morning. They offer cereal bars and fruit along with coffee in the mornings, but if you want something more substantial you have to eat at the place next door.

On the plus side I did like the shower head in the bathroom and the water temperature is easy to control so my showering is quite pleasant. OK, I'm reaching for something nice to say, but it's true.

Club Quarters Chicago - Central Loop is not a bad place for a business trip, but it certainly isn't a very good one either. I'd try to find more nice things to say about it, but claustrophobia is setting in and I've got to get outside for some air before I scream.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I am giving this a "very good" review, although it is a 'no frills' establishment, as it was very reasonably priced and is in an exceptional location just across the river from The Magnificent Mile, and close to Millennium Park and lots of attractions. The room was small with a queen bed, wonderful south view of downtown Chicago, no bath, just a shower (always hot water), fridge, micro and coffee make. Free bottled water available on certain floors (and fill-up). The limited contact with staff was always pleasant.

Room Tip: The higher one is, the better all round views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We called ahead to alert the hotel that we would be checking in late. We arrived just before midnight after a long business day. They must have sold out room so they upgraded our room at no extra cost, and we were delighted! It was our first stay at Club Quarters so I don't know what we missed but the room we got was fantastic! Beautiful kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, nicely decorated and very clean. We would definitely stay there again especially since it is centrally located to downtown and Navy Pier. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business