“Two Men is Better Than One”

Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop
Ranked #93 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
“Two Men is Better Than One”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

So this hotel has two twins in it hahahahahaha never seen this. I was pissed with this room because there was three of us. I just knew my weeekend was going to be horrible. It was the weekend before Labor Day in a perfect location. Well then I meet Mike he was by far the best Hotel Associate well we fell in love with Carlos too. These men put the H in hospitality. I never left that counter without correct and honest answers. Mike couldn't get us into a suite but he did offer a Queen and a pull out and it worked for us perfect. We are young women so we werent sleeping that much but two twins wouldnt have work. Thanks MIke and Carlos for making our weekend before we start our residency the best. Also thanks for suggesting the cab over Public transit such a good idea. Well I'm done but i will see you guys later. Two Men are better than One duhhhhhhh

Room Tip: Make sure to get a suite... Rooms are small but the atmosphere and suites are nice if you're abl...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manila
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights on official business. It is situated in the financial district and walking distance to several bus stops. Hence, it is accessible going to the Magnificent Mile, Millenium park, Union Station. There is a water refilling station on each floors where you can get your daily supply. Free WIFI in every room. Guests can have free coffee, tea and use the computers/printer at the basement of the hotel. I was given the room with the kitchenette. There was a microwave oven, plates and utensils and small refrigerator. Room is simple, clean and the size is just alright for 2 people. Staffs are friendly and hospitable. Would stay here again in the future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is a good hotel if you want convenient access to the Loop, especially the Tower. Prices are reasonable. The rooms can be small - almost European, but they have adequate room with a desk and convenient plugs for recharging. It is also right next door to a pretty good restaurant and bar - the Elephant and Castle. There is a nice lounge with some basic snacks in the basement. It is an easy and relatively safe walk to Michigan Avenue and Millennium and Grant parks and the Art Institute.

Room Tip: The street noise isn't too bad, but higher rooms are quieter, as are those away from Adams.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Illinois
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Although I am not a Club Quarters member, I was treated like royalty. (first impression--excellent) Check-in service was extremely efficient & quick with a very kind and helpful attitude from the staff. My room was exactly what I needed--just for me, it was just the right size. Because it is tailored to business people, it contained a large desk, complete with computer hookup, as well as a dictionary, mini-encyclopedia, and one book for pure entertainment. As I did not bring a computer, and had packed as few items as possible, I greatly appreciated and used extensively the desk and the dictionary. The room had a perfectly gorgeous view of the Canal, was right across from the Trump Towers, and I spent time sitting in front of the window in the rolling desk chair, watching all of the activity. There was also a very comfortable chair with a small armchair/desk on which to lay a tablet and write. I appreciated the efficient, comfortable bathroom (extremely clean), the shower which was easy and step-in. The hand-held shower head means a lot. Even the locations to just hang a clothes item for easy grabbing were abundant, making it easy for me to unpack, use the room, and quickly repack for the next day. Because the room, which included chilled bottled water, a guest request closet for items such as more coffee/condiments, ironing boards/irons, pillows/blankets was so comfortable and contained everything I needed (even an alarm clock with lit controls), I chose to remain in my room the entire time. I was able to not only enjoy the view, but to accomplish a great amount of studying in the quiet atmosphere, to rest comfortably, and to enjoy a small amount of TV relaxation. The cheerful atmosphere of the day was complemented by many strategically-placed lights for an equally cheerful evening/night. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, this is a hotel I would highly recommend for not only its reasonable prices, but for every other detail which I experienced. The staff (though I had very little contact with many due to remaining in my room) were all extremely kind, courteous, friendly, and efficient. I couldn't have asked for anything more than they had already provided before I arrived. Many thanks to Club Quarters for a wonderful visit.

Room Tip: Specify if you want a really good view--they will provide it. (Although I had not specified, I was g...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Black mold growing on shower ceiling, not just a tiny bit either, the door men were cursing in their boisterous conversations and playing on their cell phones while they shared a charger just inside. Not their work phones.... Id stay again if they cleaned the mold issue and the door men were more polite and aware of their customers point of view, id still stay out of the attached elephant and castle and go to the potbelly restaraunt one door past.

1 Thank Chicago_tourist_2014
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel is in a very good location, near willis tower, michigan ave and the Federal reserve, which I needed to go. The staff was very friendly and quick to meet my requests. The rooms are OK, nothing fancy but I got a large room with a kitchenet for a reasonably price. I was not use to take my dirty clothes downstairs to the reception and pick them up when the loundry was done (always someone pick them and leave them in my room) but it was not the big deal. My only big complein is that at my roof there was sort of a ventilation "hole" which made a annoying noise. Luckily the hotel staff gave me some earplugs for that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Really enjoyed staying in this hotel. The staff were incredibly helpful. Kiosks for checking in and out were awesome and made for zero wait time. Our room was small, but very clean. There is a snack area available downstairs that is only stocked on weekdays-not during weekends, and refillable water bottles available on every floor. We overpaid for our room, but we booked late so that could happen with any hotel experience. The location is wonderful...really close to some cool pubs, restaurants, and some shopping. Very conveniently located to both red and blue line stops. Would definitely stay here again (if I booked ahead to save some money!)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends