“Great deal, excellent location and value”

Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop
Ranked #93 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 19 January 2007

I also booked this hotel through hotwire.com and got the room for $127 on a weekend when the Bears were playing. After booking and finding out I was staying here I read the reviews and thought the room was going to be so tiny, but the room was definately a normal size hotel room.

The room was very clean, smelled good and the location was excellent. Each day we walked to the train station which is just about a block and a half away and we traveled to different parts of Chicago and we were close enough to walk to Soldier Field and other downtown sites.

I would definately stay at this hotel again and overall I had an excellent experience for the price I paid.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Albert K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,835)

Reviewed 30 December 2006

Booked this hotel through my husband's business, since that's how most Club Quarters work. Although he'd stayed at this hotel several times in the past, it was my first experience here - and my husband's first experience there in a non-business capacity.

Overall, the room was much smaller than I expected -- typical for a property that caters to business travelers. But the shower more than made up for it! It was a HUGE space, with a nice showerhead that offered good water pressure. The rest of the bathroom wasn't as big, but it was ok. Not much counterspace, though, especially since the coffeemaker took up a lot of room!

Our room had also had wireless internet, a mini-fridge, decent-sized closet, loveseat-like chair, and a queen-sized bed.
We didn't spend much time actually in the hotel, but what we did see of the lobby and restaurant were very nice. Service was professional, if not overly friendly.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ttheuriet
Reviewed 27 November 2006

Booked late for a weekend in Chicago - most hotels were sold out - booked thru hotwire. The location was great - just 2 blocks from the museam and south michigan avenue - close to midway and out of the way of big crowds associated with the magnificent mile but still close (25 minute walk - 10 minute "L" ride). Incredilbly close to the theatre district. I wasn't expecting much from the room - it was small but adequate for 1 person and we did request a roll-away which was promptly brought to us. Yes, it was small but we were in Chicago!! Caution ... Do Not Try To Change Your Reservation if booked thru hotwire - they will not let you!! Overall good experience - but I wasn't expecting much.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ohio_Jim
Reviewed 23 November 2006

My aunt and I stayed here for 3 nights in November (got the room on Hotwire, payed $198 plus tax per night). It was clean, quiet, small, quite ok for a business person, but it was a bit claustrophobic for 3 nights for us. Every employee we encountered was very polite and helpful. My only real complaint is that every night about 4:30am we were awakened by a loud banging sound. We mentioned it to 2 employees, who had no idea what it was, but a maintenance man was walking by and overheard us, he said it was the sound of steam pipes being turned on too fast. Other than that, a very good stay. Elephant and Castle had fish and chips that melt in your mouth. Hotel is in a great location, if the price is right. Berghoffs and the Grillroom we highly recommend. Had dessert under the Christmas tree in the Walnut Room at Macys, saw the King Tut exhibit, Shedd Aquarium, Art Institute, even got to attend a taping of Oprah. Ginos East Pizza is excellent. Had a great time, stayed an extra night at another hotel, will review separately. All in all, loved Chicago!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank Mskay
Reviewed 13 November 2006

My husband and I were in Chicago for a theater show and wanted to stay right downtown, but for a reasonable price. We checked into Club Quarters in the afternoon and walked around. The hotel room is small but very clean and modern. Everything we needed was right there. There is an attached English bar/restaurant that was very good. Would recommend highly if just in for short stay.....

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed 6 November 2006

Ok, here is the scoop:

Yes, the room was small...but very adequate and accomdating. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was roomy and the location was great. You are a cab\train\bus\walking distance from anything.

We have family that lives in Chicago, so we visit frequently. We booked a last minute trip and choose priceline to get a nice hotel at a reasonable price (and anybody who has been or is trying to go to Chicago, knows rooms downtown can be $$$$). I had read the reviews after booking and was a little hesitant. Don't be. Honestly, the room was very clean and for those who want to spend more time enjoying Chicago...rather than sitting in a room...you will be just fine here. However, if you are looking for accodations like The Ritz...then STAY at the Ritz. You won't find it for less than $100. Save your $$ and use it to buy couture in Chicago...or a great meal!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank katespade
Reviewed 6 November 2006

Was a little worried after reading some reviews and was pleasantly surprised. Only paid $80 thru Priceline, so perhaps if I had paid twice that much I would have been disappointed. Rooms were small but modern and nicely decorated. Very comfy queen bed - and yes, just one bed, so don't think you'll fit 4 in a room!

Check in was quick and painless - professional staff. They couldn't accomodate our request for adjoining rooms, but did have us on the same floor (about 4 doors away from each other.) The hotel was full when we checked in at 6:30pm Saturday and since I hadn't called earlier to make that request I didn't feel like it was unreasonable that they couldn't fill my request.

Do have to agree that the wall seemed paper thin when the guests next to us returned to their room pretty late. I felt like I was eavesdropping on their conversation. Luckily they weren't in the mood for an all-night party and things quieted down in short order.

We checked out at 10:30 on Sunday but were going to a 2pm matinee of Wicked so they kept our luggage ($1/bag) and had no problem leaving our car there (valet parking of $36 for the night, with no add'l charges for leaving it there until 4pm) while we explored Chicago by taxi and on foot.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family