2,090 results
All reviewselephant and castlefree filtered watergreat locationrooms are smallwillis towerart institutethe financial districtblue linefree wifiqueen bedunion stationbusiness centerdowntown chicagobusiness travelermillennium parkwithin walking distancebusiness trip
Reviewed 25 July 2007

I stayed here one night on a business trip in May. From the airport, we took the El which made for a long trip. The walk is nice from El station to the hotel. The lobby is gorgeous, especially the lounge and the pub that is attached. However, the room was no bigger than a closet. There was barely room to move and the lights did not work. Because I was exhausted from the business meetings, I settled to just turn on the bathroom light to go through my things. Had my husband come with me, there would not have been enough room for the two of us in the room. You could only access the bed from one side and the T.V. was hanging over the desk, so only one person could see it. The air conditioner ran all night, although I had turned it off, and there was a strange trickling noise coming through the vent as I tried to sleep. On the bright side, the bed was very comfortable with nice pillows and soft sheets.
In the end, I don't think I would stay here again, unless I knew I could get a bigger room!

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed 9 July 2007

This place was awesome. It was clean, comfy and well laid out. You can even bottle your own water! Staff was friendly and the pub downstairs was good food. GREAT LOCATION and has an EL station close by. We will SO be back

• Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed 25 June 2007

This Club Quarters is in the heart of The Loop— walking distance to the Art Institute and Millenium Park, two blocks from the blue line train to O'Hare, close to shopping, theaters, unpretentious but very modern and well designed, spotless, quiet, welcoming and a true value in a city not known for reasonable hotel rates. Our small but large-enough room had a great city view as well as microwave and mini-fridge. Still can't get over our good luck in finding this little gem. We had never heard of Club Quarters but will now seek them out in other cities.

Reviewed 19 June 2007

I stayed at the Club Quarters Central Loop for a long weekend vacation. As many have noted, the rooms are small, but efficiently laid out so it was not a problem. Rooms were clean, staff were courteous. It seemed the neighborhood was much more business oriented and many places were closed on the weekend, but it was a very short walk to many more 'touristy' sites. All of the trains stopped within a few blocks so you could get anywhere you wanted by el or by walking.

One thing to be aware of is the king size bed was actually two twin beds. The bed was very comfortable unless you laid down in the center, and could get an elbow stuck in between the two mattresses! I thought a queen would have been more comfortable than having the line down the middle.

All in all, it was a good hotel for the money, and I would stay here again if I could get a good rate.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2007

This hotel was half the price of the downtown competitors. But it stacked up to every good hotel I've been to. If your looking for pampering service this isn't it as the desk folks are polite but busy and preoccupied. However the room is clean, well kept and comfortable. The associated pub was not impressive for breakfast (a bit greasy) and I heard some leaving from dinner commenting on how smoky and loud it was. Just down the block was a restaurant called We which I thought was very good and a very short walk. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business