W Chicago - City Center
Thompson Chicago
US$703
US$670
  • Room Service
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$813
US$620
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$663
US$811
US$589
getaroom.com
2,680 results
All reviewseden bernalw insiderbliss productsspectacular roomthe financial districtwillis towerthe loopconcierge serviceupgraded roombusiness tripart instituterooms are smallfew blocksmillennium parkipolobbyhernan
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The pros
Nice concierge desk, however not manned after hours. Not too far from Marathon departure area.

The cons
Small rooms considering the price, paper thin walls (baby crying next door can be heard), poor maintenance, low level of service from laundry (late delivery, no efforts made to meet client requests ), no international channels on TV

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Olivier B
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Yesterday evening a precious keepsake earring, given to me by a friend now deceased, fell down the elevator shaft at the W Hotel. Panic. I asked for help retrieving it (but I did not really fully expect a search of the bottom of the elevator shaft--it is a lot to ask). How wrong was I? Laura, the Concierege had Engineering dig down the shaft and later that evening they told they could not find it. I was grateful they looked, but awfully sad.

But this morning, on checkout, I was told that Joe Meany, one of the Engineers, had gone back to have second look and, miracle, found the earring. I cried, I was so surprised and happy and grateful. Manager Brian refused to accept a reward for all the people involved in the effort (though I channeled something to Joe), which underscored that what they did was part of their philosophy of customer service.

This all goes to show me that beyond the trendy veneer, the fancy slogans is a hotel that means what it says and goes above and beyond. That was some exceptional customer service. Tonight a big vote of thanks to Laura, Brian, all the Engineers and particularly to Joe Meany, who gave me back something I cherished.

2  Thank Geri G
WChicagoCityCenter, Marketing Manager at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

This is fantastic news! We are so happy to hear about your experience with our branded Whatever/Whenever service! Your strong praises and acknowledgments has been passed onto our team, who will most definitely be honored and recognized for their efforts. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this story with us, and it would be our absolute pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Best,
Jessica Young

Reviewed 7 October 2011

From the moment I entered and till I left, the customer service was outstanding. Everyone was extremely courteous and helpful. The ambiance of the hotel is also very modern. Overall I had a great experience staying here.

The Staff, especially Laurelin, were always willing to help out. They were actually willing to do Whatever, Whenever I asked. Even after I checked out, Laurelin went out of her way to find an item I left in my room and bring it to me in my cab outside, as I was getting last for my flight.

I'm certain that this hotel has the most helpful and cheerful staff in Chicago!

2  Thank AddyJ
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Landor Moore set us up with all the best resturants and places to go in Chi - town - he was amazing!

Reviewed 2 October 2011

My stay started with Eden, the concierge, welcoming me and providing an upgrade plus a welcome drink. It continued with outstanding service and quality throughout. I will definitely plan to stay here again when I visit Chicago!