“So cool”

Ranked #103 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Sao Paulo, SP
“So cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Definitely the coolest hotel I ever stayed in my live. The lobby is a bit dark with nice music and the hotel staff was very friendly, the room was spacious and very well decorated with modern theme. Breakfast was quite expensive for what was served, but that became the regular for American hotels.
Just be careful if you’re drunk or having a hangover on the elevator, you might have some hard time with the 3D and the perfume.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sparodi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

My best friend and I just returned from a wonderful trip to Chicago and stayed at the W City Center. While the property itself is smaller and less extravagant than other W properties I’ve visited, the staff was top notch and made up for the difference. Specifically, Eden and Vanessa at the concierge, both were extremely helpful and accommodating. My friend and I were about 6 months pregnant and they did everything from researching prenatal yoga classes in the area before our arrival and then arranging for us to take the popular (and often sold out) architectural boat tour during our stay. Which was excellent and I highly recommend it. In addition to their help with these items, they presented us with the cutest little onsies with the W logo on them. Thanks for going above and beyond to accommodate our requests and make our stay memorable. Also, I wanted to add that the rest of the staff we encountered was also excellent. Juan who delivered our room service was a joy and very friendly. When he saw that we were pregnant he told us how his wife was due soon and how excited he was, a very nice touch. Thanks WCC staff for a great weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Gainesville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the W City Center on a recent trip with my girlfriend who I was introducing to my family for the first time.

Shortly after I made my reservation I received a welcoming email from Laurelin Hefter. This was not one of those mass generated welcoming emails you get from Expedia or other hotel company, but a typed letter with relevant and timely information about what was happening in town. Including details about on-going construction in the area, shows currently playing, and nearby events.

I replied to the email thanking her and explained the purpose of my trip and that my girlfriend was feeling a little nervous. She went out of her way and worked seamlessly with 'TK' at the concierge desk to have a welcome letter and a bottle of champagne there upon our arrival.

I sincerely felt that the hotel was concerned about not only how my stay went, but also understood the uniqueness and purpose of my visit and made it a goal of theirs to help. I even received a personal email after my departure checking in to see how the 'meeting' went.

If you think of the volume of guests that stay at a downtown Chicago hotel, it is truly exceptional service if you are able to make a specific individual feel that they have all of the staffs personal attention.

This is not to mention the amazing facility that the W has. Really a fun, exciting, yet relaxing and convenient property. My girlfriend loved the room and the hotel and she was very impressed with our personal Champagne welcome.

Many thanks to Laurelin, TK, and the team at the W City Center for all the special touches.

Room Tip: Didnt get to see any of the other rooms, but I am confidant that the staff would help if you had any...
1 Thank Jeff S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

We had a fantastic experience at the W. Eden, our concierge, emailed me three days before the trip and offered her help with anything we might need. Every member of the staff that we dealt with at the hotel was great, but Eden really went above and beyond and made the trip perfect. She took care of everything for us and made the weekend flawless and fabulous. We can't recommend her or this hotel highly enough!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

had a great time in chicago - the w city center had some great service - young, hip, friendly and easy to ask for help. eden, the concierge helped book various items for us, a great help and easy to do before and during our trip.

the accommodations were a little small (the basic room) and there wasn't much wiggle room, i.e. between the bet and the desk .. but clean, comfortable and stylish so we couldn't really complain too much.

thanks!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Great service, nice amenities and special service. Thanks to TK for the chocolate greeting. Also, the staff was willing to knock themselves out to help me when I needed it. I would definitely stay at the W City Center again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed here for three nights as part of an annual "mancation". I've been searching for the right Hotel in the heart of the city and this is it. The concierge TK Karadzovski, worked out all the details before we arrived (very particular about the rooms I was looking for) and check-in was worry free

Great rooms, great vibe, great location. Will be staying there every year from now on for this trip and whenever I stay downtown

Room Tip: Call TK first
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends