“Forgotten dresses delivered back to me”

W Chicago - City Center
Ranked #103 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
London, United Kingdom
“Forgotten dresses delivered back to me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

While staying at the W Hotel on business I forgot to pack the dresses in my wardrobe.

Dante Jarrett really helped me out by hand delivering them to the company HQ where I work. He was very helpful and his kind assistance much appreciated.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
WChicagoCityCenter, Review Management at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thanks for the note! We are happy that Dante was helpful in returning your dresses...our talent go above and beyond for our guests!

We appreciate your loyalty to W Hotels of Chicago and look forward to having you back soon.

Regards,
Review Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went to Chicago with a group of friends. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The hotel is centrally located, and near the L for easy access to the entire city. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
WOW! Thank you for the review! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience!
Please come back soon for another enjoyable escape!

Warm regards,
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed at this property many times. It's close to where I need to be but more importantly I always know what to expect. When you walk in the W's special scent is the first thing that you notice. Everything is always perfect in the lobby and check-in is always great. This review is specific to my visit last week though. My suitcase didn't make it to Chicago with me. I was frustrated when I checked in but Rose took care of everything. She made sure that I had everything that I needed in the room. She sent me to a place to pick up some clothes for the next day and even sent a note and chocolates up. Then next evening she delivered my suitcase to the room to make sure that I received it.

In a situation that was not ideal, Rose was exceptional. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great note and for your loyalty to Starwood! We are truly lucky to have Rose on our team I will share your feedback with the team. We are glad that your luggage was found and delivered. It seems your experience worked out well after all!

Thank you and we look forward to having you back soon!

Warm regards,
Mableton, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

First I would like to say that the hotel room although small was average. The thing that got me was the very....very dark lobby. I really thought I was in a night club scene every day and every morning that I left the hotel for business. This is not what I expected from the W Hotel. My friends told me that all of the W's have the same vibe. And that disco ball in the ceiling was the kicker for me. I am in my 40's so it would be good to have just a little lighting to see my way around.

The customer service was excellent at the front desk. They were very attentive to their guest. I did feel that the doorman (short guy) was not that attentive to guest. Also, upon my arrival, I was assisted out of my cab, but then me and my luggage were on our own at that point. So again, I had to locate my luggage on the curb, and then open the door myself. I really thought I was going to be delivered into some luxury-but that was not the case at the front door. Out of one entire week I believe I opened the door myself 5 of 7 days in the evening after returning to the Hotel.

The hotel resturant did not have a really good menu items. Bottom line-I would not stay at this location again. In fact, on my first night, I went across the street to the Marriott and enjoyed a really nice dinner and felt at home. They just did not have the room I needed and for the price. So I had to settle.

Room Tip: Always read the trip advisor comments!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the candid feedback! It is fantastic to hear that you felt so welcomed by our Welcome desk - what a vital component of any stay! We are truly sorry that our door ambassador was not there to assist you when you arrived.

If you find your travels bring you back to Chicago, please let us know prior to your arrival so that we can have you experience a different [and more spacious!] room type.

We look forward to welcoming you back - and again thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and for sharing your feedback!

Thank you!
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I reserved a package that included parking and a few drinks. It seemed to save us about $40-$50 because the rate we received was the same I was offered at surrounding hotels without parking.

Also, when I reserved online, I mentioned in the comment box that it we were staying there for our anniversary. A few days before our trip I received an email from concierge Eden Bernal welcoming us and letting us know she had a surprise for us upon our arrival.

We arrived three hours before check-in time so our room was not ready. However, they did welcome us and congratulated us on our anniversary. They allowed us to check-in so when our room was ready they would call us and we could go straight to the room. The front desk informed us that we had been upgraded to a Fabulous Room.

The lobby is very modern almost like a night club without the music. It is a bit dark, but it is very nice.

We returned when our room was ready. It was a very spacious room with a chaise lounge. The decor was very clean and modern. A flat screen tv was mounted to the wall. There was a docking station along side the bed. The bathroom was very large and modern. The whole room was very clean with very modern decor. The king size bed was a bit softer than I am used to, but it was very comfortable. There were L tracks below us and even though we were 9 floors up you could hear it arrive and leave. It wasn't that loud,but you could hear it. however, later that night we were so tired we slept right through it.

Eden had a complimentary bottle of wine and some chocolates delivered to our room with a very nice card for our anniversary. She was super and bent over backwards to make our visit an enjoyable one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
First, may we say congratulations on your anniversary! What an exciting time for you and we are honored we would have the opportunity to share in such a special celebration. Also, thank you for choosing W Chicago City Center!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Eden - we are lucky to have her on our team and will be sure to share your accolades with them!

We look forward to welcome you back to W Chicago City Center on your next anniversary or sooner!??

Have a great week!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for four nights
It is very much in the city centre with the Ellis tower right across the street
Rooms are nice big with comfortable beds

The things I didn't like about the hotel was the breakfast ,with limited options to chose from and the wifi which was not free in the rooms

The reception staff was very helpful so were the guys in the restaurant

The lobby crowded in weekends with many people trying to make use of the free wifi available only in the lobby

You can walk to all the prominent city landmarks from the hotel that is the plus point ( about 30 mts walk to the michigan avenue)

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
WChicagoCityCenter, Review Management at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your W City Center experience. We welcome you back any time and please feel free to ask our servers for an item you may not have seen on our menu.

Thanks again,
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

The W was modern, trendy, clean, and welcoming. Tyler helped us check in and was incredibly friendly, and was able to accommodate our requests perfectly. The room was fun, well-decorated, and comfortable. Didn't utilize too many of the amenities, but got a drink from the bar in the lobby that was great. Overall, staying at the W made for a very pleasant and special experience.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are very lucky to have Tyler on our team. I will share your comments with the entire team. We look forard to having you back at W Chicago City Center.

Best,