“Great service, great location!”

W Chicago - City Center
Ranked #108 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The W City Center has been my home away from home for going on 4 years now - and I wouldn't dream of staying in any other Loop hotel. First and foremost, the staff have made an effort to get to know me and have always made me feel welcome and appreciated (especially Fatima, Tyler, Erwin, and Lauren at the front desk!). The life of a frequent business traveler can be a lonely existence, but whenever I check in or come back from a long day at the office, the W team makes me feel like I'm among friends. Plus, for business travel, you really can't beat the downtown (Loop) location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for W Chicago - City Center

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I went to Chicago for the very first time. This was my husband's milestone birthday and so it was a surprise. Our experience started way before we got there thanks to Eden Bernal the Concierge at the W Hotel. She made dinner arrangements for us, and booked a wonderful Architecture Boat Tour. We were only there for 2 days, but well worth it. We decided to go "public" transportation starting from the Airport (Midway). Easy - we took the train in and stopped at "Quincy" - the Hotel is conveniently located right there! Transportation is user friendly and easy to get around, hop in & hop off. I would suggest a 3 day pass for that - very reasonable too. Check-in was really easy for us eventhough we had gotten there before check-in time, but no problem, our beautiful tidy room was ready for us. Away we went off touring the Windy City. Food was so amazing too. I would highly recommend this hotel and honestly, if you have any special requests, Eden goes above and beyond and makes sure your stay will be memorable. I can't rate the Swimming Pool nor the Spa since we did not have time to use these facilities. Next time we'll have to stay for 1 week!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My friend and i stayed at the W Chicago City Center last week. While exiting the hotel we were met with torrential rain. What further complicated things were that there weren't any cabs available. The doorman, Donte gave us two umbrellas to have for our travels due to the weather. Everyone at the hotel was great, and we'll definitely be back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ryan T
WCCsv, Executive Office at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello and thank you for your feedback!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your escape with us...please come again!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We flew into Midway and got to the hotel within 20 minutes from the airport. Our room was clean, modern and the Bliss toiletries are a nice touch! It was a 10 minute walk to The Art institute and walking distance to everything else we did or a short cab ride. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Last time I was in Chicago I stayed in the Gold Coast area but we'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We read the reviews about the train noise so we requested a room on the upper floors facing the cour...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed this past week with my sisters. Hotel was great and the front agent, Emily, was especially sweet and so very helpful. Also loved the Bliss products in the room and the cool lobby. Will be back again with my sisters!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback! We look forward to having you back.

Thanks again for escaping with us!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Rarely do i find the level of customer service anywhere that i experienced at the W Hotel - City Center recently. I visited Chicago in May and enjoyed my stay, but when I returned home to Phx, I realized 4 days after my return, I had left some clothing behind. I called the W expecting the clothing was long gone, and was transferred to Omar Pereda, Security Officer. He confirmed I they had found two jackets and a pair of boots. I hadn't even realized I left the boots. Omar instructed me on setting up a FedEx account for shipping. After encountering issues with the FedEx site, he offered to ship them on my behalf. As a frequent traveler, I was going to be away and needed the clothes for meetings in Los Angeles. Omar shipped the clothing directly to my hotel in Los Angeles. I was elated to arrive at the hotel in LA and find a package waiting for me. Omar continued to follow up with me via email to ensure the shipment was received. He is truly one of a kind!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tracy T

Hello!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The staff at this hotel is very friendly. We were exhibitors at a conference hosted at this hotel and Omar Pereda from Security went the extra mile helping us ship our booth materials back to the office! The rest of the staff was very helpful too, but I didn't catch their names.

Plus the food they provided for the event was much better than what you typically get catered in such situations. All of the attendees noticed.

The property looks very nice, though it feels smaller than some other W locations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business