“4 days' not enough!”

W Chicago - City Center
Ranked #105 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
“4 days' not enough!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

we enjoyed our stay very much.. had an awesome time at the hotel .. ideal for central location and surrounding convenience stores and foodshops... cant stress enough on how everyone at the hotel are professional accomodating and hospitable... only concern from my group is that although the bathroom doors are contemporary design, it lacks privacy as well as when the guestroom door opens, the bathroom door opens with it and opening to whoever is using the bathroom... rooms are surprisingly small but amazing night sleep wont be an issue...

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Kevin H
WCCsv, Executive Office at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello and thanks for the review!

We welcome you back to stay with us again soon.

Cheers,
Executive Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Korean first
Atlanta
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had such a great experience at the W in Boston that I talked my husband into paying more money to stay at the W in Chicago (City Center). Apparently this W does not subscribe to creating a "personal experince" for the customer! I agree with the other reviews: good location, friendly service, and nice but small room (caution - no drawers for clothing storage). I was looking forward to having my husband enjoy the same type of stay I had in Boston but it was nowhere near the same. Next time, I'll opt to spend a little less (and maybe be able to unpack my clothes).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary H
WCCsv, Executive Office at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hello!

Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you decide to return and try an alternate room type with us.

Thanks again for the review.

Westminster, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Professional and friendly staff. Eden was the most helpful concierge. She reserved tickets for the most wonderful Architecture river tour and made sure our needs were met. She also spent extra time looking for a wheelchair accessible cab for us, which ended up being the best cab ride we've ever taken.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Calexfornia
Hello and thank you for the great review!

Do come back soon as we value your loyalty to W and Starwood Hotels.

Washington DC
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights in June 2014. Check in was simple and fast, rooms were near, clean and well-designed, and the staff helpful. The room was not huge, but had lots of outlets to plug in devices and a spacious desk area. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom included Bliss spa amenities.

Had drinks at the hotel bar, and the bartender was very helpful and explained some bottles I had not seen before.

The lobby is a bit dim, but fun lighting and music make it a unique entrance to the building.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank thinktankjp
Thank you for the review. Happy to read that you enjoyed your W City Center experience!

Come back and escape with us again soon!

Cheers,
Swampscott, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My sons and I stayed at the W Hotel in Chicago City Center this past weeikend. Great hotel, and we really enjoyed it. But for the me, the highlight actually began as a downer. I left some articles of clothing in our room, and remembered them in the security line at the airport. I called the hotel, and they connected me with Gabriel Maximo in Security. Gabriel said he would check it out and call me back. And much to my surprise, he did! No problem, he said, just fill out the Fed Ex form I'm going to send to you via email and send it back to me, and I'll pack your clothes and send them off to you. And he did.

W is a nice hotel, but Gabriel ROCKS!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Charlie B
Wow - thank you for the great review! Gabriel is great and we are lucky to have him on our team!

Thank you for your loyalty to W and Starwood Hotels.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Awesome spot with excellent amenities. The hotel is close to everything and has all that you would want. The layout is great and the rooms are exceptional. The rooms are a bit pricey buy you can expect that for a W

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that our hotel amenities and location worked out for you!

Please come back soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2014

What an amazing experience at this hotel this morning. I had a button missing in my shirt and approached Eden at the concierge desk to simply ask where the nearest place to sow my button. She said "I can do that" and in about 10 minutes she hand sowed my button on my shirt. In all my years of traveling I have never met a nicer and helpful concierge person.' Highly recommend this hotel and ask for Eden!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! We have a gem on our hands ...Eden is amazing!

We look forward to having you back soon!

Regards,