“Amazing Service”

Ranked #104 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Atlanta
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

1) The walls are a bit thin so you do hear noises here and there, but in general the hotel is great and provides easy access to Chicago. Bonus - it is practically across the street from the El stop.

2) Above and Beyond Service:
I thought I may have left my computer power cord in the room when I checked out on a Sunday.
I called on Tuesday to see if it had turned up from housekeeping. I spoke with Omar Pereda at the hotel. He told me he had the power cord, asked how soon I needed it and then waived the FedEx fee for sending it back to me. Omar was very helpful and is a perfect example of the great service that draws me to Starwood hotels, and W hotels in particular.

Room Tip: Walls are a bit thin - we could hear the neighbors television. May be worth asking for a room that i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
WCCsv, Executive Office at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed our property and found our talent friendly and helpful. We strive for the highest level of customer service and it seems we achieved that with you.

Thank you again for the review!
Executive Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Absolutely had a wonderful experience at the W from the second I placed a phone call to the front desk the day of my arrival. I spoke with Erica who was so kind and accomodating. We had a great spacious room, which was clean and inviting. After coming back from a full day of doing touristy things, we had a lovely note from Erica and a few treats. It was so nice to see. Thank you Erica! Also, the concierge, Eden was very kind and got us priority seating at Yolk (breakfast spot). I used the gym which was convenient and not as busy as you'd expect. They even have extra free headphones in case you forget yours. Wi-fi is $14.95 for 24 hours. Worth it. Very Very pleasant experience. Thank you

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and the experience overall.

Please come back when your travels bring you back to Chicago and enjoy another stay at W City Center!

Cheers,
Tucson
Reviewed 18 July 2014

They service started with our call at 8:30am to see if they had a room ready for early check in. YES we were able to check in by 10:00 am. The front desk staff was very helpful and efficient. We have stayed in the W Scottsdale before, and after reading these reviews were a bit concerned about the room size. The layout of this room (wonderful room) made sense bed on one side desk as you enter bathroom was a single sink but they have a full length mirror so I could get ready while my husband was getting ready in the bathroom. Mini bar and snacks, at the usual mark ups, the lounge was small, very expensive but the service was awesome. It started raining cats and dogs Saturday, the front desk handed out umbrellas which made the walk to find breakfast still doable. We stayed the 11-13th were not in the room much but much preferred the surrounding area of the tremont seemed to be more choice of restaurants etc within a short distance. Someone had said it was in the business district I believe that May be why. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback on your stay. We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and hope you return very soon!

Warm regards,
Amherstburg, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

On business in Chicago and my visiting father from Australia came for the ride.
So it was business and then leisure when the tie came off. The hotel suited both rolls well.

Checking in was strait forward and it wasn't long before you were riding the moving nightclub/elevator to your floor. Rooms were trendy and yet comfortable. No coffee maker in the room but can be made available on request. Lobby was spectacular.

The people made the hotel an enjoyable experience. You were made very welcome and not just at check in. Dante one of their security managers mad my father feel special during his stay and he reflected the generous and hospitable spirit of the W.

The shopping was a little easier on the pocket near the W compared to other hotels I have stayed at in Chicago. So for business or pleasure I will be back.

Look out for Dante for any of your requirements he will look after you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the review! We are happy that W City Center met all your needs. We are glad to know that Dante was helpful as our team prides themselves in superb customer service.we are lucky to have him!

Thanks again and come back soon!

Cheers,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend for a weekend on my first trip to Chicago. The decor of this hotel is ultra modern, and when you first walk in it seems pretty cool and impressive. We had a very nice experience with all the hotel staff, however, when we got to our room we were a bit shocked at how small it was. I felt a bit claustrophobic, for such a modern hotel it seemed like there wouldn't be much to complain about the comfort level, however, if traveling with just a friend rather than a significant other the standard room is a bit cramped.
Other than the size of the room everything else was up to what you would expect from a 4 star hotel. Good for the price. Would recommend to those hoping to do Chicago on a budget but who have higher than average standards.
Also please keep in mind the location of this hotel. It is quite a ways from Michigan ave. At night it felt a bit deserted. Could be different during the summer months.

Stayed November 2013
Hello and thank you for the review!

Glad you found our hotel modernand comfortable. Please come back to see us soon!

Cheers!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Had an excellent stay at this W and will always recommend it to anyone visiting Chicago. Great location, great rooms etc but the best part for me was the lovely concierge, Eden, who made sure everything we wanted to see/do was completely taken care of!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anon1942
Hello and thank you! We appreciate your feedback and hope you return to W City Center when your travels bring you back to Chicago.

Thanks again,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Have been a Westin loyalist for a couple of years now, this was my first time in the "contemporary" W. I can make my peace with the psychedelic / lounge style layout and lighting in the common areas, also with the large but slightly odd layout of the room with a lounge bed in the way between the door and the bed.

What I wasn't a big fan of was the lack of a sign on the table that read "Warning: This table is contemporary, which explains the (really) sharp edge on the metallic drawer which will tear a gash in your thigh if you push away from the table without the utmost care!"

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello and thank you for the feedback.

We hope that you give us another try and return W City Center on your next Chicago visit.

Warm regards,