“Love the "W" experience!”

W Chicago - City Center
Ranked #116 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was the first time that I had stayed at a "W" hotel and loved it! They say first impressions are everything and this hotel did not disappoint. The doormen were welcoming and friendly, the lobby was buzzing with great energy and the room, while small, was classy and comfortable. And I loved the Bliss spa products!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
WCCsv, Executive Office at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello and thank you! We are glad to know that you Loved the W experience! Thanks again for the review -we look forward to having you back soon!

Cheers,
Executive Office

Write a ReviewReviews (2,622)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently traveled to Chicago last minute with my family. We were not aware of the huge Lollapalooza Festival going on a few blocks away. We were travelling with a small dog. Even the hotel was very busy and I had a four year old and a chihuahua in hand check in went fast and Connor was very friendly. I filled out the paperwork for having a pet and was in my room in 10 minutes. We quickly changed to go to the concert and walked a few blocks to the event. Upon arrival my phone rang and it was the W front desk calling. My dog was wining and crying. They asked me if she normally does that or if it was rare. I said she normally cries for about 20 minutes then goes to sleep. They asked me if I care if they cuddle her down at the front desk to the soothe her. I had never seen such care at a hotel in my life. I was so impressed and at ease and could truly enjoy the concert. The next day my son was playing in his daddy's cologne and sprayed it in his eyes. They were burning and i started flushing them out with water. He was still screaming in pain 20 minutes later. I called downstairs for ice. They came upstairs moments later with a bowl of ice, a large soup spoon to spoon the water, some dry towels and two bottles of spring water. I did not ask for these things but they thought of everything. I will always check for Starwood hotels first wherever my travels may take me. It is great to have such thoughtful people and service. Great job W City Center Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole K
WCCsv, Executive Office at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hello Nicole!

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselved in the highest level of customer service and it sounds as though our team went above and beyond for your son and your pet chihuahua.

We look forward to having you back at W Chicago City Center. Thank you for your loyalty to Starwod Hotels.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A very conveniently located hotel in the middle of the Loop, the W City Center Chicago is a really good hotel, especially if you're in town for a concert or Lollapalooza. Minutes from virtually every line and Grant Park, you cannot be more centrally located. The hotel is very hip and cool (rooms are on the smaller side).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for the review.

We are pleased to know that our W City Center hotel was a convenient location for your Chicago agenda!

Please come back and escape with us when your travels bring back our way.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed in W last month and enjoyed our stay here. Even though the rooms are small, for a small family it is fine. But the best thing about this hotel is it is in a great location. You can easily walk to all main places such as Willis tower, millennium park and to some of the best restaurants such as Giordono's. There are many good restaurants near W and it makes this hotel even a better place to stay. The staffs are courteous and well mannered. Overall a good hotel

Room Tip: Staying in a higher floor offers great view of Wills tower and surrounding areas
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It sounds as though our staff and W City Center truly worked out for your trip.

Thank you for your loyalty to W Hotels of Chicago...we look forward to having you back soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Compact in the sense that the room was on the smaller side. The closets were all in the bathroom, which were small as well. The room had a sofa and a bed but not much space to maneuver. All the furnishings themselves are nice but everything is kind of small. The media center in the room under the TV is very nice and convenient. The staff was all good but check in took 15 min on friday at 2pm. The lobby was vibrant and the bar was packed on friday night. No views from my room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
WCCsv, Executive Office at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your loyalty to the W Brand! I Thank you for your feedback from your stay, as you may know we have different room types that vary in size and layout, please let us know your preferences during check in and we will do our best to accommodate your requests.

Hope to see you back soon, if not in Chicago at one of our other destinations!

Thank you for your review!

Sonia S.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed at W Chicago a week ago. Hotel an staff are great! Eden, the concierge, was very helpful and provided great recommendations. Area is in the financial district, which makes it a good 30 minute walk to the tourist attraction (Michigan Street).

A few places I would suggest:

Willis Tower
Arch. Boat Cruise
Purple Pig Resto
Boardwalk beach
Wrigley Field

Hotel suggestion: Free Wifi

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for the review. Sounds as though our location and property talent met your needs. I am delighted that you enjoyed your escape with us!

If your travels bring you back to Chicago please come back to W Chicago City Center.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed here for a Business trip . The front desk lady was good.The location was terrific. As this was a sponsored trip,I was good but felt this was pricey based on quality of room. If you do not have any business around here or you have some luxury of time then stay farther. I could not get wifi on my cell free , which was a huge turn off , and I was asked to pay substantially for it . The room was facing the courtyard which gave me a slightly melancholic frame of mind. I would prefer a more vibrant window view. The high point was when I had taken the trip downstairs for the gym(3rd or 4th floor I guess) . I loved what I saw . The equipment were really really nice. There were plenty of towels and many were refrigerated too .

Room Tip: Choose the rooms overlooking the city . Stay preferably if someone else is paying .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business