Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
Ranked #80 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference. After figuring out how to get to the registration area, I was pleasantly greeted by smiling, friendly staff. My room was on a lower floor so I had views of surrounding buildings. The room was clean; however, it was clear that someone had previously smoked in the room. It wasn't enough for me to complain about though. And I thought cooling down the room to my usual 68 degrees would help with the smell. The thermostat was set on 60 but the room had a muggy feel. I called for help and a gentleman promptly came. He was polite and quick and said the room should cool down soon. I went to bed but had the same muggy room throughout the next day. I asked for assistance in the afternoon before I left for dinner. I'm guessing someone came since an overhead light was on, but the room was still stuffy and muggy despite the 60 degree setting on the thermostat! I called again and the lady who answered the phone said she would send someone. No one ever came, I quit asking. It was clear they assumed it was fine or as good as it was going to get. I would have appreciated verbal communication to that affect. Needless to say, that was a disappointing experience.

I will say that the older woman that works in the breakfast area has one of the warmest personalities I've come across. She invited me to a shangra la breakfast, made it sound like her food would lift my spirits and get me prepared for the best day ever! She was good and genuine. I don't eat breakfast but I almost did because of her hospitality. She is a gem for this hotel and would be snatched up if other hotels saw her in action. I watched her treat everyone with the same care. What a welcome to a new day!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I love this place for long stays in the city. Great location and spacious rooms for working. Some things like the rugs are dated and need replacing, however overall a great value. Best breakfast deal included.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2012

A recent trip to Chicago for a long weekend (thurs-sun) found us at this Embassy Suites. We found the rooms clean and spacious, and the staff very friendly.. This hotel is a short walk (3-4 blks) to Navy Pier, and likewise to Michigan Ave. The complimentary happy hour and free breakfast was a nice perk, happy hour had a fairly long line, but it went smooth. i would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel in 2007 and again now in July 2012. The hotels front doors face Columbus Avenue, but the vehicle driveway entrance and exit is actually on Illinois Street. It is located near Navy Pier so you can either walk or take a cab there. One of the tour bus company has a pickup point between the Sheraton and this Embassy Suites. We took a cab to the Adler planetarium. Cab rides can get expensive very quickly if you get stuck in traffic. One of the mornings we went out we decided to take our own car which the valet had to deliver. We waited an hour or so as they couldnt find our car. Eventually after much deliberation we received our car and they comped us one night free parking. Despite this incident we still enjoyed our stay and all the staff were both professional and friendly and helpful. Room service was excellent, better than breakfast. Room was clean and with having 2 kids under 10 we appreciated the 2 room layout. We didnt feel crowded.
Next time we in Chicago we will probably stay here again.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I've stayed at a number of Embassy Suites before, and this hotel is on par with all of them. You get a spacious, clean room with great freebies like buffet breakfast and happy hour food and drinks. The view of downtown Chicago from my room was beautiful, and the location offered a short walk to Navy Pier and the shops on the Magnificent Mile. The lone downside was the price, which seemed astronomical, but is similar to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank K F
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great location, close to peir, Magnificeint Mile and close to Hop on Hop off stop. The staff were amazing and rooms were clean. The full breakfast and happy hour was great.

Room Tip: Higher floor recomanded.
2  Thank Aline7777
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Stayed here 1 night w/ family. Great location close to Navy Pier & Michigan Ave. Room clean and spacious, great breakfast. Staff very helpful.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Chicago hotels
Near North Side
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
Streeterville
Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile
Magnificent Mile
Cambria Hotel & Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile
Near North Side
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!