Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
Ranked #80 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I just wanted to say that we stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was a great experience with a great location. We walked to Navy Pier, Down Michigan avenue and walked back from Shedd Aquarium through Millennium park. The staff was extremely helpful. I asked the front desk several questions about bus routes, needing more lotion, questions about parking and they always had great recommendations. The breakfast and manages receptions were great additions to our stay. There were so many different breakfast options and despite the large number of people the line wasn't long at all.

The hotel is great shape and nice condition. It has a nice pool and hot tub. I couldn't have been happier with my stay here and the staff was top notch!

1  Thank Gussy02

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hotel is nice and clean. (like the 2 room suites with the Embassy Suites) The Managers reception was welcoming and staff was friendly and breakfast was good. We worried about being on a high floor because our experiences with Embassy Suites elevators have been slow, but not this location. We had a corner room on the 17th floor and it was noisy with sirens all night but worth the view! Overall experience was good and parking was cheaper than most places, $39.00 for 24 hrs.

Room Tip: Top floor, 17th, with a corner room!~
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Convenient area for business or sightseeing. Modern lobby area is lovely, but the rooms are just standard fare. Desk chair in our room sounded like something was screaming every time we sat at it. Ice machine on our floor broken and since we were on the far side from the elevator, going to the next floor to get ice when hubby hurt his ankle was so far I felt like I should have left a breadcrumb trail and taken along a bag lunch.

Breakfast not bad, did the cooked to order option. They did fine the first day but got my eggs wrong (whites) the second day. I hate wasting food so I just ate them anyway.

Hated the parking garage to room schlep with multiple confusing elevators. Lobby area on the landing/street level floor (not the check in floor) was really bad - work underway for what looks like a new restaurant on the corner. The chemicals they were using the 3 days we were there smelled horrible and gave me a headache just walking through to get from the garage or street to the elevators for the lobby to go to or from our room. Better ventilation was definitely needed.

I travel 85% of the year on business across the U.S. and am a die-hard Hilton customer. For this visit I was not only not recognized as an Honors member but was not greeted as a Diamond level member.

Will likely look for a different choice when here again.

Room Tip: ask for a west or southwest facing room if you want a good view of downtown...however south end room...
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Embassy Suites has a fantastic location, in the heart of downtown Chicago. The conference facility is comfortable and professional, and the morning hot breakfast and evening complimentary cocktails are pleasant and convenient. The rooms are spacious and entirely adequate - not luxurious, but very nice. I did have a problem with staff at Embassy Suites' central telephone exchange incorrectly telling me my room (and those of two coworkers) was cancelled. They were not, but the staffer did not double check, nor did she transfer me to a manager when requested. This call was on a Sunday and I declined her suggestion to book three additional rooms (perhaps at a different hotel - this was three days before a conference we'd booked our rooms for months in advance), and my staff was able to confirm our reservations easily Monday morning. It was an annoying and unnecessary glitch in an otherwise professional hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Husband had a conference at the Sheraton and being Hilton Honors members, we booked here. The price for 5 nights was over $ 1,000. For that amount, I expected better than what we got. The bed was not that comfortable and the bedding could be improved on. I am hot natured and even putting the temperature down to 60 degrees did not cool off the room enough (I would say it was more like 72 degrees at the least). The breakfast was decent but the manager's reception was not appealing.

Most staff members were very pleasant, except the gift store attendant. I walked in and she asked immediately "Can I help you?" I cordially told her "No thank you that I was jsut browsing." I picked up a purse and she immediately asked in a gruff tone, "Can I assist you in that?" I again told her No. I felt that she was thinking maybe I was going to shoplift the purse. So, I put it down and decided to leave. I would have bought the bag and a few other things but not with the attitude presented.

Having to get off one elevator and crossing over to the other side of the building to get onto another to get to and from our room was an inconvenience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MenthiaC
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stay here frequently when in Chicago on business. The hotel staff are always friendly and accommodating, although there always seems to be a line for checking into the hotel. The bartender in the lounge is incredibly friendly and she always has a smile on her face.

It is typically what you expect in an Embassy Suites (which is not always the case - the Embassy Suites Downtown Chicago is awful) and everything is well maintained. The breakfast is delicious. We are never at the hotel during the manager's reception, so I cannot comment on that.

The only downside, and I'm sure it cannot be helped, but the rates are inconsistent. Some nights, we've stayed for $110; sometimes, it is $450. I know it depends on convention traffic but $450 for a room at the Embassy Suites seems steep.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality. very good quality.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels