“Overall good experience”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #39 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Great location, for the major downtown locations. Easy cab ride each morning to McCormick Place and close to many of Chicago's finest restaurants. Freindly staff and clean room and comfortable beds. Quiet room on the corner was perfectr for my week stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for your responses.Thank you for telling our future guests how easy it was to hail a cab and visit McCormick Place. As you know, we are only a short cab ride away but close to numerous restaurants, entertainment, and shopping. We look forward to having you stay with us while you are traveling to Chicago for business in the future.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

Reviewed 12 July 2012

This was a great hotel for me and my family. I took my wife and daughters into the city to go see Navy Pier and Shedd Aquarium. The room was clean and the location was peferct, walking distance to great shopping and even Nay Pier. The staff was exceptional from the valet service to the front desk. I would definitley stay here again!

Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am so glad our supurb location and exceptional staff made your vacation with your family a success. We hope you visit us next summer!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is a wonderful hotel. The location is just a block from Michigan Avenue for shopping and another block in the other direction to the hospital should you need a visit. It is a small, quaint and inexpensive hotel with great location. Our view was a brick wall but, that is not uncommon in Chicago. I liked the location so close to Michigan Avenue but, the peacefulness of a side street. Our room was nice and quiet and rooms and hotel were very clean. Breakfast was your typical Belgian waffles, eggs, toast, donuts, juice, etc. What I liked most about this hotel and what will surely bring me back is the unbelievable customer service. I found this hotel and 2 other hotels from great reviews on Trip Advisor and Yelp when I was planning a family reunion. My cousin met with Stefanie Killey at this hotel and managers of a couple of other hotels. After my cousin's meeting she said we had to pick this hotel. Stefanie went above and beyond to make our family feel welcome. She helped me personally coordinate before I even checked in gift items to be given to each family member upon check in to the hotel. She followed up with me during my stay to make sure all was well including an informal gathering we were able to have in the breakfast area one evening. The front desk gave the same quality service as Stefanie. They even helped me book a room for my sister when her air conditioning went out in her home and attached it to my reservation so my sister did not have to worry. We initially were not sure that we needed a room and just mentioned it to the front desk but, they remembered the next day at 4pm when I had to book it that evening and made sure I got the special rate for our reunion. By the way, thank you to the lady at the front desk who is a big Phil Collins fan. My sister said you were a great help and therapist during her moment of need for air conditioning. Last, even after everyone was checking out a family member asked to leave some items for pick up by my sister and when she came to the hotel the items were there. Now that is service! Can't wait to go back. I almost feel like a part of their hotel family. Thank you Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown!

Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Wow! Thank you for the amazing review. It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your family during your family reunion in Chicago. Our job is to make your event as stress-free as possible, while we take care of the details and you have fun! It also is wonderful to hear our front desk staff was in constant communication about the additional hotel room needed for your sister and was able to find her a room with us at the last minute. Please contact us for any future trips for a Chicago stay-cation! We would be happy to have you back.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel's location was perfect for checking out the Navy Pier. We were ab le to leave our luggage at conciege before the room was ready and walk to the pier. Upon checkout, they let us leave our luggage there again so we could see more of the city prior to going to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet M
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you sharing with future travelers about our additional services. We are happy to hold our guests luggage, free of charge, if your room isn't ready or if you have already checked-out and want to enjoy the city before your departure. Our front desk staff or bellmen can help you with this request. Please visit us again.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel was nice and was within walking distance to everything we wanted to see & do. The staff provided a nice local map and a list of restaurants in the area. The breakfast area was a bit busy and crowded. The breakfast selections could have been a bit better also.

Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am glad our staff offered you a map of local restaurants in the area. There are so many to choose from, it can be overwhelming. Our deluxe complimentary breakfast, meets Marriott's expections and requirements, and is geared toward a fast, simplistic breakfast. Although, there are only a few hot items, breakfast sandwiches, waffles, and oatmeal, there is a good selection of cold items. In the summer months, we do open our meeting space, located on the 2nd floor, for additional seating. Next time, please take advantage our our addtional space. We hope to see you and your family again.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a 2 night get away. We wanted to see the sites of Chicago and this hotel was a perfect location to do this. We were able to walk to Navy Pier, the Magnificent Mile and Millennium Park. The hotel staff was extremely helpful in recommending places to eat each night as well as inform us about grocery stores nearby. The staff also called an attraction nearby to check something for us. It was very helpful.

When we arrived we were extremely hot from the very warm temperatures. The front desk immediately asked us if we needed bottles of water; which was much appreciated. On our last day the staff conveniently held our bags in order for us to do more sightseeing before we left the city.

Other pluses included the breakfast has a great variety of food and free wi fi cannot be beat.
The room was extremely quiet and well taken care of.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for the wondeful review. We absolutely have the best location to visit the attractions you were interested in seeing; Mag Mile, Navy Pier, and Millennium Park. Thank you for proclaiming your gratitute toward our front desk staff about their restaurant referrals and offering you water on a hot summer day. I am so glad they helped make your experience with us enjoyable. Please visit us again!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Just stayed one night but it was great. 1/2 hour or less walk to famous restaurants and sites. Magnificent mile, Hancock tower, Portillo's (Chicago dogs and Italian Beef), Gino's (deep dish pizza with a corn meal crust), Garrett Popcorn (one of Oprah's favorite things, the chicago mix is to die for) North Bridge Shops, etc. Can catch the Chicago Trolley & Double Decker Co. tours within walking distance. $40 cab ride to O'Hare.

Service was superb, you really felt taken care of (thanks Bianca!), the breakfast was decent for continental (make your own waffles). Very nice clean room, comfortable, great cable, lots of channels, not just 10 or 12. Room itself was quiet, no street or neighbor noise, however the a/c is a bit loud. That forces you to raise the tv volume, but it works great (kept me and my soda cool). Definitely would stay again. Used my points for the stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for your response. We appreciate you sharing with others how close we are to some of Chicago's famous restaurants , the tips on Chicago Trolley tours and a cab ride price to O'Hare. It also is wonderful to hear you experienced excellent service and Bianca took great care of you. Please visit us again in the future!