“The staff make it great”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #43 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Tampa Bay, FL
“The staff make it great”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for business. It was chosen for me due to its location downtown. I was in for a pleasant surprise.

When I walked in, I was greeted like an old friend. The folks behind the desk joked with me, made me feel comfortable, and appeared to be enjoying their jobs. In fact, every person working at the hotel exhibited the same attitude.

The complimentary breakfast was well-stocked and had good variety.

The location is great for access to the downtown area. The rooms reflect the downtown location--on the small side, and a bit pricey. But that is going to be the case anytime you stay downtown in a large metropolitan area.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation for anyone who needs to stay in downtown Chicago.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
Kenora
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I was we'll cared for, the staff always greeted me upon my arrival. Loved the urn of ice water at the front entrance, when coming home, it was nice to have a cool drink. Staff was the best I have ever encountered! They offered to help me with my phone as I am Canadian & had a roaming problem. Hats off to the staff and the management who oversee as they all seem happy. Breakfast buffet was more than ample, good start to your day. I will be staying there again, love love loved it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Jennifer K, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Dear Michelle1958Kenora

Thank you so much for the WONDERFUL review of our property! The comments concerning our staff are greatly appreciated. As a manager of this hotel, I feel as if this is the best team I have ever been a part of. I'm so glad your experience was a memorable one and you will come back and see us!

Thanks again for your time, and sharing with the public your observations about our property.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Can't say enough about the excellent staff. Upon arrival we found the reservation made directly with the hotel was not as requested for our family of three. Instead of a king suite I had reserved they had us in a king room. They did not have a king suite available but quickly made a satisfactory room available.

The hotel is a little over a block from Michigan Ave and a wide selection of restaurants line Ontario & the adjacent streets. Breakfast in the hotel included a variety of hot & cold items. Rooms are very quiet with absolutely no noise from hallways or adjacent rooms despite the hotel being almost completely booked.

This was a special trip for a granddaughters birthday & it was really great!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lois R
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Located just a block off of Michigan Avenue , near the lake and river, this is an excellent location for a pleasure or business trip to Chicago. The front desk and bell staff were outstanding and extremely knowledgeable about the metro area. Included a fine hot breakfast with all the associated free breakfast drinks. Rooms were large, clean, and everything worked perfectly. Walking distance to Navy Pier, Miracle Mile, and the subway to White Sox or Cubs. Numerous bars and restaurants close by. Stayed here a few years ago and very glad we chose to make a return visit. Some renovation/construction nearby but no real inconvenience. Take one of the architectural river/city history cruises.

Room Tip: smile. plead, and beg for an upgrade to a suite if available and if you are staying 3 or more nights...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer K, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thank you so much for the very kind review. Our staff is always looking for ways to put our guests comfort, safety, and traveling experience first priority. I'm so glad this is the experience and memory you have of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown.

Please come back and see us again!
Denver
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Location couldn't be better unless it was on Michigan avenue itself. Staff is fantastic, very friendly and helpful, always make a point of saying hello. Unfortunately there is a hospital literally at the end of the block which means sirens blaring at all hours of the night. Soundproofing in the hotel could be better as well since I could here the showers above and next to me. My room was in need of updating, especially the bathroom. Room was small and looked out onto other buildings, no view of any sort worth noting. Overall a good value however I doubt I'll return.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank kabernathy
Jennifer K, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I really was pleased to read your feelings concerning our staff. As a team we are 100% dedicated to our guests so it seems you witnessed that and appreciated it.

We are a Downtown property so views are definitely not our selling point, but we try our best with what we have.

I appreciate your time and would like you to visit us again in the future; we are located so close to all Chicago has to offer. The complimentary breakfast adds value to our hotel, but if a view is a requirement I totally understand your feelings about trying a different Marriott property. Thank you for your time and great comments concerning our staff.
Rocky Point, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Here on business at a convention at McCormick Place. I chose this hotel initially because of the price. I was pleased to find out the Internet and breakfast were free. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are small but efficient. There are several restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Kidman365

Chicago is a large convention city so your experience and opinions mean a lot to us. I'm glad you found our property efficient, clean and friendly. All those attributes are what we strive to accomplish. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and recommending us to future convention travelers. We look forward to your next visit to our property.
TOronto
Reviewed 11 June 2013

What a wonderful place to call home for four nights/five days. Friendly staff from the moment we checked in, Terrific location steps away from Magnificent Michigan Ave and all it has to offer and the most comfortable, quiet room. We'll be back! Thanks Fairfield Inn and Suites!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sograteful

Thank you for the review and a promise to come back. We are located in such a wonderful location allowing easy access to all Chicago has to offer. You spent a good amount of time with us so I feel your experience was a success! Thanks for sharing with the Trip Advisor community.