I love Marriott hotels and especially love the beds and pillows and we slept very well. Everyone was very nice, helpful and friendly. The location is great and we walked to Navy Pier, Water Tower Place, Millennium Park, and The Art Institute of Chicago. It was a quiet area just off Michigan Avenue. There are some great restaurants nearby including Gyu Kaku, Yolk, Do-Rite Doughnuts, Ghirardelli and many more. They had fruit-infused water in the lobby which I thought was a really great idea since we were walking everywhere and always thirsty and hot when we got back in. There was also some nice seating outside to sit and people watch.
The only cons I can think of were that we had a room facing the alley, which is never a nice view. This was disappointing but I guess somebody has to get these rooms. I should have specified during my reservation that I would like a room with a view. The breakfast was better than average, great scrambled eggs and sausage but the fruit (cantaloupe and bananas) was not ripe and there were not many choices of fruit. The TV was difficult to work as you couldn't manually change to the channel you wanted, we had to flip through every single channel to get to the one we wanted.
Overall, we had a very pleasant and comfortable stay and we were happy with our choice. It was perfect for what we wanted as we weren't in the hotel very much. If you plan on spending a lot of time in the hotel, you may want to choose a hotel with more frills and bigger rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile. Our unique, contemporary Downtown Chicago hotel's features are ideal for business and leisure travel. We offer 15 stories in the heart of the Magnificent Mile, with 185 guest rooms and guest suites. Our Magnificent Mile hotel's staff and atmosphere is friendly and fun, yet down to business when you need us to be. We provide a comfortable, affordable oasis in Chicago’s Downtown area, near everything you could require or want in Chicago. All of our rooms include free breakfast and complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi. We are one of the closest hotels to Navy Pier and to Michigan Avenue shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Chicago Downtown
- Fairfield Inn Chicago
- Fairfield Chicago
- Chicago Fairfield Inn