We booked a room, and were upgraded to a suite (rm 1816). However, the suite was located on the 18th floor, right below the pool and locker rooms. During the night, my wife (who suffers from allergies and asthma), woke up with terrible pain in her sinuses. We struggled to sleep for the rest of the night. In the morning, she had a nosebleed.
In the morning, we noticed paint "bubbles" on the wall near the ceiling in the living room. When I reached up and touched the bubbles, they were wet and slimy. Upon further inspection, it was clear that there had been a number of "repairs" in the past, but the problem had never been solved.
When we complained about this to the management, he acted very honorably. He explained that room was right below the locker rooms in the pool / spa area and there must have been a leak. He comped the room for the night and offered to move us to another room in the hotel.
However, the lost night of sleep really wrecked our vacation. We decided that if one room has mold, we couldn't trust any other room and found accommodations elsewhere.More
- Free Wifi