The Peninsula Chicago
US$435
US$370
  • Restaurant
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$664
US$508
US$711
US$665
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$543
US$508
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$730
US$599
US$643
US$612
1,662 results
All reviewsshanghai terracelobby restaurantfax machinepierrot gourmetchocolate buffetdressing areagummy bearsroom servicefour seasonsan executive suiteturn down servicemichigan avenuethe ritz carltonfive star hotelsteam roomwater towerstreet level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I decided to stay here after reading all the rave reviews this past July 4th weekend. We have stayed at many awesome hotels throughout the World and thru Amex FHR. After our recent stay at Peninsula, I can tell you there are definitely better places to stay in Chicago at a much better value, have better service, and is more comfortable. I have no idea how this hotel got a 5 star, its more like 3.5 star max. Some reasons for our opinion:

-No bottled water in the room upon arrival. For nearly 600.00 for one night (thats what we paid), you would expect them to at least have some water in the room, complimentary. They do bring you one bottle each before bed with turn down service, but who wants to stay up all night going to the bathroom. This is CHEAP, just plain CHEAPO

-Room was small and stuffy, had to call at 2 am to get a fan to help circulate the air in the room. It helped. 5 star hotel requires a floor fan.

-Breakfast voucher was only for continental breakfast thru AMEX FHR. Max was 25.00 per person!! St Regis is twice that amount and other 5 star hotels don't even count how much you spend (e.g. Four Seasons). Even if my wife ordered an extra tea, 5 star hotels don't care and want you to enjoy. You DO NOT get that feeling at Peninsula. CHEAP!

-Upon first night they give you a small box with 4 chocolates, no further chocolate on your pillow after that. CHEAP!

-I brought this up to the manager upon checkout. He handed me the bill and said goodbye.. CHEAP!

-I paid close to 600.00 per single night at this hotel. I have paid this and more at other 5 star hotels, but those hotels were worth it! Like good service, good views etc. This place had nothing but views of old buildings.

-No wine toasts, no champagne toasts... basically nothing. Dull and boring hotel.

My wife and I feel ripped off, do yourself a favor.. if you really want to stay at a 5 star..stay somewhere else.. otherwise you will feel like me guilty and ripped off. At least I know for next time not to waste my time here. Gave me an uneasy feeling.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Moman2000
Peninsula_CH, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Moman2000,

Thank you for visiting The Peninsula Chicago and for taking the time to post your review. We are surprised and disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations and we extend our sincerest apologies. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, found our amenities mediocre, and our staff service unexceptional. You also mentioned for your next stay you will be choosing another hotel. We understand there are many excellent options in Chicago, we would be appreciative to hear what else we could have done during your stay to welcome you back. I hope to hear more about your experience and that you will please contact me directly at (1-312) 573 6520 or via e-mail at RichardSorensen@peninsula.com

Thank you for your feedback; we hope to welcome you back.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Conveniently near the shopping on Michigan Ave, a short walk to beaches on the Lake, a stroll to two legendary Chicago Deep Dish restaurants, you simply can't beat the location. But there are a lot of hotels in Chicago with great locations, what separates the Peninsula from the rest is the attention to detail by its wonderful staff and the its superb facilities. Like all Peninsulas the staff is superbly trained, friendly and helpful. While we were there a famous rock star was there and a large wedding was going on--neither fazed the staff in any way. The rooms are large and bathrooms luxurious. The House Keeping staff is quite simply the best I've experienced in hotel in this country. The salon and pool are lovely and the steam room is a nice touch. I recommend the Pierrot Gourmet, a little French Bistro in the hotel that is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kdh1716

Dear kdh1716,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago and for your complimentary review on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, the location, our beautiful property, décor, and helpful and friendly staff. We are very pleased you mentioned our housekeeping staff is the best you have experienced, and your recommendation of the Pierrot Gourmet as the perfect place for lunch and dinner.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again when your travels bring you to Chicago.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Peninsula is a very well run, well appointed hotel in a great location. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The bed was large and comfortable. One small issue I had was with the TV remote suffering at great deal of lag between pressing buttons and anything happening on the TV. It didn't bother me much because I wasn't in town to sit around watching much TV. Other than that there was nothing to fault the hotel on. If you want an upmarket hotel in a good location you should give the Peninsula a chance!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PMLondon79
Peninsula_CH, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear PMLondon79,

Thank you for visiting The Peninsula Chicago and posting your kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit, the location, and found our staff friendly and helpful. We are sorry to hear that your TV remote did not work during your stay with us and your feedback is greatly appreciated. Our housekeeping team inspects the technology in each room upon service to ensure everything is working properly before a guest arrival.

Thank you for your comments, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again when your travels bring you to Chicago.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast was very good. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. The location was great as well. This was my first time here and I hope I am able to come again. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brinero4865
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Started our route 66 tour here. Really clean and staff welcoming.
The room was really lovely but no coffee facilities ☹, the bathroom was large and immaculate – the housekeeping is the best we have ever seen!
Really well located for local bars and eateries

Thank you for having us – we will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple