“Hardly any point in reviewing. You all know how good this Hotel is”

The Peninsula Chicago
Ranked #3 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Glasgow
“Hardly any point in reviewing. You all know how good this Hotel is”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed in May for five nights, principally at a conference. Its just a really splendid hotel. Rooms, restaurants, staff, all fabulous. A great experience. I certainly recommend a stay when next in Chicago.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Peninsula_CH, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Michael S.,

We are truly humbled that you have taken the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your May visit. We are very happy to read that you had a “great experience” and that you enjoyed everything we have to offer.

Thank you for your recommendation and for choosing The Peninsula Chicago. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I had not visited this hotel for several years. I booked a 3 night visit with the third night free as a promotion. At check in I was upgraded to a suite. The staff was very welcoming and professional. I needed some extra assitance on this trip and the concierge was terrific. The hotel is at a good location just off Michigan Ave. The inhouse Chinese themed restuarant has fantastic food, good staff and a beautiful rooftop terrace where dinner is served.
A very well run hotel with timeless elegant decor and again; a professional staff.

Room Tip: A corner suite facing Michigan Avenue
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear MGH55,

We are happy to hear that upon your return visit you found our property “very well run with a timeless elegant décor” and that our staff was professional and welcoming. Thank you for mentioning that our Concierge service was “terrific.”

We are also thrilled that you had a chance to dine in the Shanghai Terrace and that you enjoyed the food, our service and our “beautiful rooftop terrace.”

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago and for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back again when your travels bring you to Chicago.

Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed here a few weeks ago. My husband booked on Hotwire as I was taking my 2 kids for a Mom-kid weekend in Chicago to meet up with my sister and her family. When I arrived, I told the front desk I wanted to drop off bags before heading to lunch. Told her I was with my 2 kids and they were hungry, but wanted to go ahead and drop off the car. She was lovely and upgraded me :) When we came back to see the room (she texted me when it was ready) I was WOW-ed. King suite, corner with a view of Hancock building looking east toward the lake. It was so large, I decided to invite my niece and nephew for a slumber party with their cousins, and it became a very memorable night for them. Milk and cookies...the girls watched Frozen in one room and the boys watched Lego Movie in the other. I was a hero. Next morning, we had breakfast in the beautiful lobby restaurant. Expensive, but did not want to walk around Chicago with 4 hungry kids to find a quick table for all of us (ages 6-12). It was an elegant setting and a good experience for the kids to use their best behavior (thankfully they did). I really appreciated the great service overall. The location is within walking distance of Water Tower, Nike town, Disney store, American Girl and Lego store. FYI, we walked to Art Institute from here...long walk but the kids were fine and enjoyed the walk, especially seeing the Bean.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lets_bolt
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The perfect getaway from the city. The luxury and comfort nature of this hotel makes it an excellent 5-star hotel choice in the middle of the city. Even though there is a hospital nearby, it's incredibly soundproof.

Room Tip: There is a vast selection of unmatched suites - be sure to find one that overlooks the city!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Debbie L,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit and the luxurious surroundings. Thank you for your gracious comment about our hotel being “the perfect getaway from the city.”

We are truly honored to have your recommendation, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Benton Harbor, Michigan
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Ahh, the Peninsula Chicago is one of my all time favorite hotels. I cannot say enough great things about staying here! Other than the last two times we visited Chicago it was booked...so now I have started booking my reservations earlier! Of course there is the amazing customer service; they went to great lengths to please our two children....a treat delivery on our arrival day, bears, bath toys, a package with crayons and coloring book delivered to the door, the room was great, check in and out was easy, room service was outstanding (get the pancakes), we even had time for the gym in our short stay. Truly, I cannot think of one negative thing about this hotel! We are looking forward to our annual Thanksgiving trip and amazing Brunch!
I do have to say what I think is most outstanding is that over the last few years my husband and I have noticed we see some of the same staff, Linus at the door, Debra for room service...not only are they people we remember but those who remember us each time. I think it says a lot about a hotel that can keep staff from year to year.

PS...please someone tell me where I can get those amazing gummy bears!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear amy s,

We are always happy to hear from returning guests, and we are glad to read that you enjoyed our service, your room and the gym. We are especially pleased that you enjoyed our children’s amenities as well as the pancakes.

We appreciate that you mentioned our employees and their special efforts to make your visit enjoyable. It is comments like yours that make our employees feel that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Thank you for your kind comment about our “amazing gummy bears.” Please feel free to contact my office at (1-312) 573-6576, and I would be happy to assist you with your purchase.

Thank you for visiting The Peninsula Chicago and for posting such a thoughtful review! We would be honored to welcome you back to The Peninsula when your travels bring you back to Chicago. On that occasion, we look forward to seeing you at our annual Thanksgiving Brunch.

Skokie
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at the Peninsula for mini getaways. This time I went by myself to recharge. The hotel is stunning. The concierge gave me good shopping recommendations. The people at the front desk were very nice too. The room I had faced Michigan avenue. I feel like the room and pool that I used need to be refurbished. I loved that they had water and fresh fruit outside of the pool area. I didn't think the complimentary coffee in the lobby was that good. I thought the location was great. A few blocks away from whole foods and wonderful boutiques. Had a very relaxing stay. Was a bit underwhelmed with the bath and bath products.

• Stayed March 2014
Peninsula_CH, Manager at The Peninsula Chicago, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Dahl18,

We are always happy to hear from returning guest, and I am glad to know that you enjoyed our service, your room and its view of Michigan Avenue, the pool and of course the shopping. We are sorry that our “complimentary coffee” was not to your liking. Thank for your honest feedback, and I have shared your comments with our Director of Food and Beverage.

Furthermore, you mentioned that “the room and pool….need to be refurbished.” We believe it is important to make updates and are continuously doing soft renovations and improvements to our facilities and guestrooms.

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Chicago as your place to stay and for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel has the most comfortable beds! The room is spacious, elegantly appointed, and extremely clean and well kept. The bathroom is amazing with every detail laid out perfectly. We visited the spa and I HIGHLY recommend Mario if you plan on getting a massage. I have been back again to the spa and request him each time. Perfect location in addition to be an exceptional hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends