“Interesting Tour of the City”

Weird Chicago Tours
Ranked #57 of 183 Tours in Chicago
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I liked the history within the tour: Dillinger, Congress Hotel, HH Holmes, Eastland Disaster, St. Valentine's Day, Iroquois Theatre, etc. We took the 10 pm tour, so it got pretty late, but the tour was still a lot of fun. Our tour guide, Jen, was great as well. Go on this tour if you are interested in Chicago history mixed with a little bit of the paranormal.

1  Thank Brad R
There are newer reviews for Weird Chicago Tours

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Had a great time on this tour. Can't wait to go back and try the Gangster Tour. We stopped at the Congress Hotel for a beverage and bathroom stop as well as another ghost story. Had a wonderful time. Learned a few things about the gangsters, serial killers and ghost stories of the city. The tour was about 3 hours in a very comfortable bus. There was just enough people in a smaller bus. It was very comfortable. The guide was great and very animated. Will use this company again.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Really good tour. Was 3hrs including a stop at congress hotel for a drink. Very enthusiastic guide who brought the gangster history to life. Most of landmarks have been demolished but they still had a heap of really good stories. Also photos etc of the gangsters. Would recommend it to anyone who wants to see a bit of a different part of Chicago history

2  Thank Mark N
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and son and I took the weird and haunted Chicago ghost tour on July 5, 2013 @ 7pm we had such a good time. Our tour guides Eric and Ray were just awesome!!! They were excellent and knowledgeable as well as funny and entertaining! We recommend everyone take this tour! I will go again!!!

2  Thank poobecca
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This was a great tour that helped my fiancé and myself see a good part of Chicago with a vary knowledgable tour guide. I usually don't like these types of attractions but when I read it had mob history I thought it could be fun. While it is tough for the guide to point out buildings from history, as many of them no longer exist or have been replaced, the tour guide (Eric) did a fantastic job of helping people visualize what life was like back in time through his words and showmanship. It was a little slow at times and the 3 hours didn't necessarily fly by but it was great to hear about the history of Chicago while also touring areas we probably wouldn't have seen if we didn't do the tour. Overall it was a great experience, Eric was fantastic, and while I may not do this every time I am in Chicago it is something I would consider doing again (I would probably do the paranormal tour or the private pub crawl).

1  Thank John K