“A quiet retreat within the city...”

Nina's Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chicago
Nina's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 22 Chicago B&B and Inns
Madison, Wisconsin
“A quiet retreat within the city...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

My partner and I are always looking for enjoyable places to stay when on short trips. I came across Nina's Bed & Breakfast on line and we were more than satisfied with the accommodations. The B&B is situated on a quiet tree lined residential street that is a short walk from restaurants and public transportation. Our room was tastefully decorated, immaculate and left us wanting nothing. If you are lucky, Nina will make her" better than Ann Sather's Cinnamon Rolls" (my words, not theirs). Can't wait to return, and upgrade to the suite!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank VofMadison

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Andersonville is a great area of town. It's a Vietnamese/Swedish neighborhood, and there are two "red line" stops within walking distance. I felt comfortable walking from the stop to the B&B at midnight. Easy to access downtown, which I did each day of my five-day visit.

I stayed in the master suite, which was very nice. You can control the air, the bathroom is spacious, and there is plenty of room to move around. Not a lot of extras (continental breakfast, but it's good, coffee and popcorn available at all times, but not other snacks, ice, etc.). On the other hand, Sheila handled any special request (arrive early, leaving luggage late). Very clean and very well-maintained.

I'd recommend this to friends without hesitation

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank CarolMemphis4
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I recently stayed at Nina's Bed and Breakfast on Winona St. in The Andersonville neighborhood in Chicago. There are not a lot of hotels or B & B's in this part of the city, and I was happy to find this comfortable place run by Nina and her partner Sheila. My bed was very comfortable and the towels in the bathroom were thick. There are two bedrooms, one a large master suite. I had the smaller bedroom as I was traveling by myself and it worked well. My bathroom was just across the hall, but it was mine alone and not shared with anyone. The owners were very friendly and ready to help with information about getting around in the city.

Room Tip: Especially aimed toward the woman traveler, but my neighbors in the other room were a man and woman...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Gingercat147
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

Nina's B&B has been open just a year, and Nina and Sheila are off to a great start! Andersonville has so much to recommend it, but there are few options for lodging. We were excited to find this lovely B&B just a block from our son's apartment, and just two blocks from the heart of Andersonville. They have two rooms: the master suite and the guest room. Both are beautifully decorated and appointed, and the master suite includes a jacuzzi and a fireplace. The bed was VERY comfortable. Nina does the cooking, and her baked goods were especially tasty - banana bread, blueberry coffee cake, and a "sock it to me" bundt cake. On Sunday she makes a hot buffet, with eggs, potatoes and bacon along with the usual juice, fruit and pastries.

Rusty the bichon frisee/Westie mix keeps tabs on the place. He announces visitors and is eager for a pet or a handout.

There is a back deck and pretty front porch for sitting, although we did not take advantage of either.

The only problem we encountered was room temperature. As the weather had turned cool, the heat was on, but there was no way to regulate the temperature in our room. Our first night was uncomfortably hot, even with the window open and the ceiling fans on. The next day Sheila helped us close some of the air vents, which helped.

Nina and Sheila are very helpful and accommodating. They even loaned us umbrellas when we were caught having to go out in a sudden shower. Well done, ladies!

Room Tip: The master suite has lots of room to spread out, and the bath is private. The guest room's bath...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family