“excellent sushi - surprising airport cuisine”

Wicker Park Seafood & Sushi
Ranked #832 of 9,658 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: East Side
Neighbourhood: East Side
Waterloo, Iowa
“excellent sushi - surprising airport cuisine”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We've walked past this place so many times when we're flying out of Chicago...finally decided to try it. It was quite late, and it took a while for our food to arrive but it was worth it. Kind of pricey, but that's sushi - it's always pricey. Good portion size. Service was very good. My hubby liked it so much he visited again on his very next trip.

• Visited April 2014

Boulder, Colorado
“Good food - poor service”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

While I always look forward to a quick (and tasty) sushi meal when connecting through O'Hare, the service can be poor. Tonight the place felt understaffed, and those on duty distracted by the number of people they had to serve. I hope they do a better job at staffing as I do enjoy the food.

Visited May 2014
San Diego, California
“Skip it.”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Went against my gut trying this place. It was packed, could it be that bad. No; but it's not good.
Assortment of maki and sushi. Sushi was a little better.
The draft Kirin was excellent.
Prices are high. Much better options at ohare.

“Very pleased!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Due to numerous cancelled flights and delays by United... I left the F terminal to head to B22... I had. .once again an hour and a half to kill in a long two days of trying to get home... I passed. ..looked.. kept going.. then thought. ..why not.. I had a nice table to myself with an attentive waiter. .some good plum wine and I ordered two types of Sushi.. soooo good! Yes..its pricey..but for me... it was a break from all the drama of trying to get home with very tasty food and drink.. I'm so glad I stopped..3/5/14

• Visited March 2014
Iowa
“Terminal 2 deliciousness”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Located between the Butch O'Hare exhibit and the security in Terminal 2, the Wicker Park Sushi bar has a delicious menu if you have time between flights.

The speciality rolls and classic rolls were very fresh but the speciality rolls were HUGE. Difficult to eat in one bite so be warned.

The view is nice also, as you can get a window table and watch the activiites outside as you wait for your food. Located away from the security area and the main activities of Terminal 2, Wicker Park Sushi offers a relatively quiet and enjoyable place to eat in O'Hare. I'm glad I finally had time to eat here after passing it dozens of times during my trips through the airport.

• Visited February 2014