“The BEST Ultimate Grilled Cheese!”

Lady Gregory's Bar and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lady Gregory's Bar and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #238 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I know this is a bar. That goes without saying and that part of this place is awesome but the Ultimate Grilled Cheese was SO GOOD! Gruyere, aged cheddar, mozzarella, brie, roasted
tomato concassé, fried shallots, candied bacon confetti
melted in parmesan-crusted sourdough. To die for! Great service and a great location on Clark in Andersonville.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We met friends here for brunch while visiting Chicago on a holiday weekend. We ended up really liking the restaurant. We were seated in the back room; it was set-up like a library and had a really charming feel. The tables were far-enough apart to really enable conversation between all of us without feeling like we were being intruded upon. The brunch menu featured an appealing array of breakfast and lunch items; we all had difficulty choosing what to eat because everything looked so good! All of us ended up being pleased with our food. Service was down-to-earth, super-friendly, and attentive. Prices were reasonable. If I lived in the neighborhood, I'd visit regularly, and as a visitor to Chicago, I'd happy return should future visits bring me to Andersonville. Recommended!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I was wandering around the neighborhood of Andersonville when my friend and I stumbled upon this great little restaurant! The festive Christmas decor and library seating section made the restaurant feel very homey. This menu has traditional Irish style pub food, but all the dishes we ordered we delicious and had great presentation.

Their beer section is also huge and I highly recommend their Pear Cider. Definitely a great restaurant and if you're in the mood to drink there is a wide variety of options to chose from.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

I went when this restaurant first opened a couple of years ago and have to admit that I wasn't impressed. I thought the food was fairly good, but overpriced.

I've been back several times now, and I find it better each time. The food is now very good and the value seems better (maybe it's just me) than before.

Portions are perhaps not HUGE, but definitely generous. Good flavors abound. They have a good drink menu, nice choices of beers and even some very good non-alcoholic specialty drinks (a rarity and I hope they continue this! I do drink alcohol, but sometimes I'm not in the mood, and it's nice to have something unique to drink other than water or soda).

My boyfriend LOVES their mac and cheese (with chicken). I've enjoyed their big salads and fish and chips.

I think this is a nice addition to the Andersonville area and I hope it does well as I'd like to see it stay.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

I've been to many "Irish Pubs" but none like Lady Gregory's. The menus has some interesting options you won't find most other places. I ended up with the ultimate grilled cheese--it was a huge sandwich stuffed with cheese and bacon. I also recommend the sweet potato fries. The crowd was light, service was good, the menu had enough variety that everyone could find something they wanted, and everyone enjoyed the food. Reasonably prices. Fun place. I'll be back...

1  Thank Jim M