Pros: Great location. Two blocks from the mag mile. Check in was a breeze. Perrier, Evian and chocolate covered strawberries were in our room on checkin. Complimentary Keurig coffee in the room. Very clean hotel. Bed is a dream. All the tv channels you could want. Very attentive to detail. The toiletries and soaps were from Hermes. Complimentary umbrellas to use in case of rain. Bellmen always opening doors. French charm of the employees. The restaurant waiters are the best I have ever had! Very courteous and professional, and very attentive to detail. The bathroom had two showers and a tub, not very clear in my photo. Room service was perfect. Turn down service with free Evian water. Free wifi in the rooms.
Honestly, it was great relaxing in the room, watching TV while lounging in the bed after taking long walks in the city. When I come back to Chicago, I am coming back here for sure!
- Walking distance from Giordano's restaurant and much more.
- The continental breakfast room service(danishes and croissants, jams, coffee and juice) was perfect.
- Had the fish sandwich at the Cafe D'architects for lunch, with pommes frites. It was great.
- Dinner there was perfect as well. Very progressive cooking. With lemon foam accompanying my husbands salmon, and some chili oil powder along with my tuna sashimi app.
- Must have breakfast at Tempo's, right on the same block( to the right when you exit the hotel). It's perfect and simple breakfast food.
- Le bar has great ambiance at night. Coffee is served via french press.
Cons: We drove, so valet is $54/day. 4 days it adds up. I understand it is the city and the need to charge. But, for a guest staying at the hotel $25/day is more than fair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel