“Finally.....a wonderful wonderful downtown experience!”

Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #25 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Have stayed at several downtown hotels from the Omni to the Westin, Hilton etc....
Sofitel will have my business from now on.
Outstanding in every aspect from the moment we stepped through the door
The greatest asset this hotel offers is the incredible staff! The attention
to detail was just above anything else I have found downtown!
Thank you Sofitel! See you soon

Room Tip: Our room was on the 23rd floor facing east...great view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Nicolas_Pesty_GM, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for complimenting our staff and their attention to detail. We are especially pleased to know that you will return to stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel in the very near future!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,448)

Reviewed 28 October 2012

My Wife and I stayed at this beautiful, nice and clean Hotel for six days. We had a very nice experience. All the people that work in this Sofitel Hotel are very nice and kind, and try to make your stay very pleasant. The Service is fine, the Concierges are very much helpful, and the food is delicious ! The price you pay for this Hotel is correct. It is a really nice place to stay in Chicago, and very close to every thing.

Room Tip: Try to get the top floors. The view is nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of the excellent views of the Chicago skyline from a room on a high floor. Thank you for providing that tip for future guests! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property very soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

My debit card was "declined" for the deposit but when I checked my bank and called my bank, the bank informed me that the hotel had charged $250 twice. The person who checked me in treated me as if my bank card did not have funds and did not attempt to call the bank or figure out what was going on.

Instead, she kept repeating that it was declined. She vaguely told me that the ATM was on the 2nd floor without giving me any directions. I had to pace back and forth to find a semi-hidden ATM. When I came back with cash, I had to wait as she was too busy acting like she was busy with another guest.

I had to insist that she call my bank. She refused to do it while I was standing there. She told me she would do it later. I was tired after my flight that I just paid the $250 cash so I could rest in my room.

Once in my room, I got a call on the hotel phone saying my bank was on the phone line and they would reverse the charges. My bank stated that it was probably an error on the hotel's terminal, and that if the hotel had called the bank at the time, it would have been easily solved.

Upon check-out, I noticed I was charged for the phone call. I did not even want to bother with contesting the fee. As this result was not an error on my part, I would have hoped the fees for the phone call and my ATM withdrawal of cash would have been covered.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stanley T
Nicolas_Pesty_GM, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. Your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests. We sincerely regret the issue that you had during check-in with your credit card. This is not typical of our standards of service, and we regret the inconvenience that it caused you. Please rest assured that we have addressed this issue with our credit card system provider as well as with the agent who checked you in. We hope that you will present us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

The Sofitel it located just blocks from the best shopping, food and attractions that Chicago has to offer. Upon arrival, you are met by the bellman, and in my case, with an umbrella. Doors were consistently opened for me and the hotel atmosphere is definitely modern Euro-chic. My checkin was flawless and speedy and I found my room to be very comfortable with both a shower and tub available. I has an exquisite view of the city and found city noise to be minimal even though we are just blocks from a large fire station. I enjoyed the turndown service, free wireless Internet and complimentary bottle of Evian every night. I have no complaints except to mention that all these amenities come with an expected price. Nice property with extremely attentive staff!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank dreaming*of*a*beach

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we thank you for complimenting our hotel staff and excellent service, as our goal is always to exceed our guests’ expectations. Thank you for pointing out that our Gold Coast location is just steps from Magnificent Mile shopping, downtown dining and many of the best Chicago tourist attractions. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 25 October 2012

This hotel is nice, clean placed in a good location where you can easily walk. Don't rent a car, not worth paying the parking fees. I was disappointed by the bedding, they were holes in the pillow case!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. We are very sorry to hear that our linen was not up to Sofitel standards during your visit. This is not typical of our standards of service to our guests, and we regret the impression that it gave you. Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address this with our Housekeeping and Laundry staff in order to prevent any future occurrence. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Great hotel, location to Magnificent Mile is about 5-10 minute walk max. Rooms are spacious and modern decor. Washroom is excellent with very good amenities. Gym was a bit on the small size for me. I don't recall there being a pool or spa there.

The french restaurant on the main floor was very elegant with a menu to satisfy all tastes. I would recommend this hotel to everyone

Room Tip: Macy's is a 5 minute walk as are a number of high end stores. The subway leading to the blue li...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Nicolas_Pesty_GM, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us!
We are glad to read that you enjoyed our location and amenities, and delighted to see you had the chance to try our restaurant Café Des Architectes. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Chicago Water Tower very soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and I wanted to visit her former neighborhood (Lincoln Park) and this hotel is so perfectly situated by the shopping on Michigan Ave and the Southern edge of the actual Lincoln Park. The staff were friendly, especially the bellhops/taxi/curb artists. The room service was wonderful (slighly overpriced, like all hotels), and the breakfast was fantastic. Our room had a wonderful view of the John Hancock building (ask for a room facing East), gorgeous, well-appointed bathroom and the bed was very comfortable.
The only drawbacks were a smaller-than-should-be room, and street noise that made it up to our 21st floor (what happened to double-pan, noise-insulated windows?).
But overall, we would definitly stay here again -- maybe even higher up?

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side have a view of John Hancock building
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple