“Impressive”

GreenLeadersGold level
Arezzo, Italy
“Impressive”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Good location, restaurants and shops nearby. Helpful staff and relaxing atmosphere. Cleanliness of the room was perfect. Not the usual stain or hair in the sheets, the wireless complimentary and efficient. The restaurant maybe a little imbalanced on the price, but perfect about service, food and drink. The cocktail bar prepares any international cocktail professionally served with a snack. The fitness area is small, but well equipped for jogging.

Room Tip: rooms at the 24th floor perfect
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank angelod851
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Bonjour angelod851,

I would like to sincerely thank you very much for your kind review on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
It is such a great pleasure for my entire team to read that you find our property “impressive” and that you spent a relaxing stay with us. Your words are very generous.
I have truly noted your comments regarding the rates but the high quality of your restaurant experience. I will share them with my Director of Food and Beverage in order to improve upon our services and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.
Thank you for complimenting our Ambassadors and pointing out our excellent location, close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.

I hope that you will present us with the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My family discovered the Sofitel Water Tower from its Trip Advisor ratings eight or nine years ago. Since that first excellent stay I have become a regular, both as a business traveller and as a family traveller. I've stayed in great hotels around the world, and the Sofitel measures up to them, while at the same time providing excellent value. The hotel is in a terrific location, close to Michigan Avenue shopping, Rush Street restaurants and an El stop that will enable you to travel all over the city. The rooms are stylish, well-maintained and well-equipped, and for a family the suites are a special bargain. I'm a big fan.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank jax321321
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Bonjour jax321321,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind comments on TripAdvisor regarding one of your several stays amongst us. I truly appreciate your family's loyalty over the years.

My Ambassadors and I were happy to learn that you consider the hotel as a `Perfect spot in Downtown Chicago'. This means a lot to us.
It was particularly wonderful to read the consideration that your family and you have for our property.
Lastly I am happy to know that you found our location as great as the Suite room product we offer.

Looking forward to welcoming you back amongst us for another `excellent stay',

Best regards,

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Room is very nice. Quite place able to get a good nights rest. Good desk area to get work done. Free internet is not so good. All in all is a good deal for the price.
Room service and food is very expensive. Ice machine on my floor was out of ice or broken. Called the front desk and they told me they would send someone right up, That never happened. Went to the bar to get my needed ice. Next morning on check out they did not have my room service breakfast bill. They looked for about 10 minutes and could not find it. I am sure i have since been charged.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Dear John K,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your visit earlier this month.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the overall accommodation of your room and have been able to rest properly.
Needless to say I truly regret that you obviously encountered some disappointments with our service during your stay. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with my Executive team and our Chef regarding the value for price paid of the room service. Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Chicago Water Tower very soon.

Yours sincerely,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I only stay at the Sofitel Hotels worldwide whenever I travel. I love the Sofitel Water Tower Hotel in Chicago. The hotel is beautifully decorated and the professionalism and friendliness of the staff is beyond approach. It is truly my favorite hotel in Chicago!

The classic elegance, professionalism and efficiency of the staff in a sincere, warm atmosphere is truly the Sofitel Culture and the Norm.

JMB
San Francisco

Room Tip: I always request a Suite on the upper floors on the East (River Side), as the view is nice and you d...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour JMB532013,

We so appreciate the precious time you so kindly took to share your guest experience on TripAdvisor. Thank you very much as well for your loyalty toward the Sofitel Hotels and for recognizing our culture and standards of service.

Your feedback for our staff at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower is of utmost importance, and I could not be happier to read and share it with the entire team.
It is a pleasure to know that you consider our hotel in Chicago as one of the finest and above all as one of your favorite.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments, and looking forward to welcoming you back really soon.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Nothing extraordinary to report. I was pleased that they let us check in early. Coffee and tea is served in the restaurant until 11. A little uncomfortable to trek in their after a workout while others are dining to get tea and coffee.

We had to call Housekeeping for them to clean our room which was disappointing. Fitness center is nice but small. Fresh fruit, water and newspaper available.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonjour Abesbabe23,

First of all, allow me to thank you for the comments you shared on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in February.
I was truly happy to read that you have been able to enjoy an early check-in upon arrival. And I was delighted that you liked our nice fitness room and took advantage of the amenities.

Your point regarding the coffee and tea served at the restaurant has been duly noted. I would like to express my sincerest apologies with the inconvenience you encountered in your room. Rest assured that this is unusual of our standards of service.

Our relationship with our valued guest is of utmost importance to us, and it is always a pleasure having you stay with us.
If there is anything we can do in advance of your next stay with us that will make your experience more positive and enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Chicago Water Tower soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here two nights over Valentines weekend. This is a lovely and contemporary hotel. A perfect central location. Employees are terrific and the lobby is kept immaculate. The rooms are nice with every amenity needed and the bathroom is spacious and I loved the separate bath and shower. Robes and slippers are a nice touch. Please do yourself a favor and order their continental breakfast (we ordered the larger pot of coffee which was a good idea) because it is a wonderful treat to start your day. I felt spoiled getting this little luxury each morning! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Bonjour alynn,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us on the Valentine's week end. To know that we assisted in making such a special occasion more memorable is more important than anything else.

We are delighted that you and your husband enjoyed the overall service. We were also truly happy to read that our continental breakfast exceeded your expectations and that it turned out to be a wonderful time of your days.

Thank you for sharing your comments and I hope that you present us with the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Chicago Water Tower in the near future.

Best regards,

Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stay was almost perfect. Staff was gracious and more than willing to help with anything we needed. No matter who we came across, they smiled and acknowleged us.
Parking and valet was an absolute disaster. Paid the required amount, but will never again. Clouded the experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Bonjour Ron L,

We thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your last visit at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
We are very honoured to read your words concerning our Staff. They all have been recognized for the outstanding service they provide.
Nevertheless, we were deeply sorry to learn that your experience with our valet parking has not been entirely in keeping with your expectations. This is not typical of our standards of service to our guests, and we regret the impression that it gave you. Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address this in order to prevent any future occurrence.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future.

Yours sincerely,