“Excellent location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Just back from 5 nights at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower and we were very happy with the hotel. It is a clean, modern hotel in a very central location. The room was a good size and the views were lovely.
The staff were very helpful and we were always greeted with a smile.
If you're looking for a hotel within walking distance of a lot of the main Chicago attractions then you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Bonjour DublinPeterw123,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review on TripAdvisor following your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.

I am deeply touched to read that you enjoyed your five nights stay with us as well as your room and the beautiful view.
It is great to learn that you appreciated not only our perfect Gold Coast location, but overall the thoughtfulness of our Ambassadors. Be assured that I will share your warm words with our entire team.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower for 3 nights during a business trip. Pros- Great view, great location, friendly staff, room was very spacious, room service was very quick for breakfast and dinner. Cons- no fridge, no coffee maker, very small shower and tub, very uncomfortable sheets (the texture left marks on my arms), weird yellow fluid coming out of the shower-head in the tub, hard to get a cab(unable to ever find a staff member to help with this). I really wanted to give this hotel a 4-stars, but even with all of the pros of staying here, the stay was just average and did not exceed my expectations.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sk415408
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Bonjour sk415408,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our location to be ideal. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of a spacious room with a nice view. Thank you very much for complementing our staff and room service.
Our goal is always to exceed our guests' expectations, so I am disappointed to read that you had only an `average stay'.
I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you encountered in your bathroom, this is not typical of our standards of service. Pease rest assured that these issues were reported to our Engineering manager.
We are happy to provide refrigerators and coffee makers upon request, and I sincerely regret that you were not informed of this during your stay. We are always happy to provide more to our guests in addition to the complimentary coffee and tea available in our restaurant each morning.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here as a couple and absolutely loved this hotel. It was close to everything, but still quiet, the beds were so comfortable, and the view was pretty decent too. The facility and the room was clean and the staff were very friendly. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jlmh49
Bonjour Jlmh49,

What a wonderful review you have given us! Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us in July.

I am thrilled that you found the room product, location and cleanliness great, but that you particularly enjoyed your interactions with our wonderful Ambassadors. I am glad that you were particularly impressed by our famous Sofitel MyBeds.

I am looking forward to a return trip.

With best regards,

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed there on business trip. Overall satisfied but with some downsides.

Pros:
- Clean, modern and spacious rooms
- Great staff
- Great breakfast and food from the room service
- Excellent location for sightseeing (walking distance to the centre)

Cons:
- Breakfast are extra cost
- A bit pricey even if i had a lower level room without any spectacular view
- Wi-fi was not working during my stay - apprently due to the change of IT system during the week
- Checkout was a bit of pain. I received two separate bills (again due to the change of the IT system). Also the breakfast i just had before checking out was missing so i had to wait some time for the staff to add it.

Overall I would probably stay there again even if not everything was perfect during my first stay,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank czesiuradek
Bonjour czesiuradek,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower during the summer.
I am very glad to hear that your overall experience at the hotel was so positive and that you found your guest room to be perfect for your needs. Thank you very much for complementing our staff and for pointing out that our Gold Coast location is `excellent', just steps from Magnificent Mile shopping, downtown dining and many of the best Chicago tourist attractions.

However, I am sorry to hear that this stay was tarnished by some points. First of all, allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered regarding our IT system. That was a temporary but needed change in order for us to continually improve our service and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.
Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central location and extensive facilities. Regarding the breakfast in our Café des Architectes, we strive to provide an outstanding breakfast experience as well as a good value to our guests. I regret that this was not your impression and offer my apologies.

I hope that you do come back to stay with us again so that we can show you the professional and welcoming hospitality that Sofitel is known for.
I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Yours sincerely,

Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have been staying at the Chicago Sofitel for over 10 years and have never had less than a fabulous time. The facility, the location, the personnel, the food and bar, the efficient manner in which they handle their guests, .........all professionally accomplished to make ones stay there one of the best! Try it .....you will enjoy all of it!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine. I go for the higher floors facing the Lake, as the viewing is so much bette...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank ret37
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Bonjour ret37,

Thank you very much for your precious time to share on TripAdvisor your guest experience in February. Your feedback for our staff at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower is of utmost importance, and we could not be happier to know that you had a `fabulous time' with us for 10 years now. Thank you for your loyalty.
I am glad

You summed it up better than anyone could possibly, that our property represents the `French elegance in Chicago'!

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Chicago Water Tower very soon.

Arezzo, Italy
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Good location, restaurants and shops nearby. Helpful staff and relaxing atmosphere. Cleanliness of the room was perfect. Not the usual stain or hair in the sheets, the wireless complimentary and efficient. The restaurant maybe a little imbalanced on the price, but perfect about service, food and drink. The cocktail bar prepares any international cocktail professionally served with a snack. The fitness area is small, but well equipped for jogging.

Room Tip: rooms at the 24th floor perfect
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank angelod851
Bonjour angelod851,

I would like to sincerely thank you very much for your kind review on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
It is such a great pleasure for my entire team to read that you find our property “impressive” and that you spent a relaxing stay with us. Your words are very generous.
I have truly noted your comments regarding the rates but the high quality of your restaurant experience. I will share them with my Director of Food and Beverage in order to improve upon our services and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.
Thank you for complimenting our Ambassadors and pointing out our excellent location, close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.

I hope that you will present us with the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,