“Sofitel Chicago”

GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (4,479)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Love to stay here when in town for business. This hotel has dinning, shopping and the staff was great. Was here on business, but recommend this for families as well. The rooms are great (better than a few places I stayed in Paris, FR)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Bonjour nsb78,

I was very touched by your kind comments on Trip Advisor following your experience at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I very much thank you for recommending us. It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our rooms. Your satisfaction regarding the staffs’ service is most important for us, and I will be happy to share your feedback with the entire team.
I hope to welcome you back soon,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I had the pleasure to stay in the Sofitel with my girlfriend in January. It was my first time in Chicago and I was extremely impressed. Called ahead and requested a room with a view and was pleasantly surprised when the gentleman at the front desk said they had upgraded me to a higher floor than I was expecting. Bar was great, did not get a chance to check out the restaurant for breakfast, but I will definitely be doing so next time. The cleaning staff did an excellent job every day. The staff in general was great, no complaints whatsoever. The ice machine on our floor stopped working midway through our trip, but that was a very minor inconvenience which did not really bother me in the least. Feel like I'm grasping at straws to find any minor problem, they were almost nonexistent. We had a mishap when ordering a movie the last night, called down to the front desk, and a tech showed up almost immediately and fixed it. Great customer service. Overall, a beautiful hotel, great location, very modern, and luxurious. The beds were great too. Very comfortable. My girlfriend and I both agreed that this hotel was one of the highlights of our trip to Chicago. I will be returning in about 2 weeks time and have already made reservations at the Sofitel again. Definitely worth it! Overly impressed by everything, great job to the staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour ty b,

First of all, I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in January.
I was truly delighted to read such a Magnifique review. That you consider it hard `to find any minor problem' and that you were `overly impressed by everything' means a lot to us! In addition it was a great pleasure to read that you appreciated the charm and cleanliness of your high floor room. Thank you for being so generous with your comments towards the team.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in two weeks!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

First...really nice and friendly staff (Roman). Love the cleanliness and look of the hotel. Very comfy bed, and a good quality tv in room with all the cable channels. The only mistake we made was that we ate at "Tempo" restaurant (down the street) instead of the hotel. Now I'm kicking myself because we missed what was probably a much tastier breakfast (see my review of Tempo Restaurant). That said we will be back and will not miss the breakfast in the hotel the next time around.

Room Tip: Book with the hotel direct. We booked with Expedia, had to cancel/and reschedule on a different day...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Bonjour Patricia K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay amongst us.
I was pleased to know that our property and our staff met your expectations. Please rest assured that I have shared your encouraging message with the team and have recognized Romain for the outstanding service he provided. I was truly delighted to read such a positive review.Thank you very much to share your tips to book with the hotel directly.

Look forward to a future visit when you can enjoy our wonderful breakfast at Cafe des Architectes.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The beds made our visit! Feather bed toppings and down duvets and pillows: it was hard to get up in the morning.
The staff is very polite and accommodating, just a couple of hiccoughs with the service at breakfast. (However, easily fixed and always with a smile). Very good value for the location and size of rooms.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Bonjour Opiedog,

What a wonderful review you have given us! Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us in March.
I am thrilled that you found our staff `accommodating and polite'. I have taken good notes of your comments regarding the service at breakfast.
I am glad that you were particularly impressed by our famous Sofitel MyBeds. Please do not hesitate to visit our SoBoutique website for more information− http://na.soboutique.com/.

I am looking forward to a return trip.
With best regards,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com