“Sofitel Chicago - Amazing!”

Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #23 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed there for a quick business trip. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. The food at Café des Architectes stole the show! I had one of the most enjoyable dinners there. The food was amazing - I would have licked my plate clean if it had been acceptable - and the wait staff was so accommodating in making my evening truly special.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Bonjour Teri C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your business trip amongst us.
Both kitchen and restaurant teams were over the moon with your comments on your dinner at Cafe des Architectes. Our Executive Chef, Greg Biggers, was very pleased by your review.
I also appreciate your nice comments regarding our rooms and the wonderful work done by our Housekeeping department.
All in all it was just very thoughtful of you to take the time to share with these dedicated readers.

Looking forward to a return trip,

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Write a ReviewReviews (4,481)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was there for a business meeting. Everything about the hotel was wonderful, clean, friendly and helpful staff. Meeting rooms are very nice. The catered food for the meetings was probably the best I've had at an event. The pastries were divine and from what I was told the pastry chef is one of the up and comping top 10 in the country.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour Kimberlee66,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. You were very generous with your comments, and I very much appreciate that you found the overall staff “friendly and helpful”. I will share your review with all the team and particularly with our Banquet department.
I am happy that you consider our food as `probably the best I've had at an event'. Glad as well you experienced our fabulous pastries. Our Pastry Chef Leigh Omilinsky just won the Jean Banchet Award for Pastry Chef of the Year!

I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

As a former resident of Chicago, I can attest to this hotel being located in perhaps the best part of the city for being close to all the sights and action. It was a pleasure staying here as well, very elegant hotel decor and friendly employees. You feel a bit of celebrity in you when staying here with the great service and atmosphere of the hotel!

The room was very clean, spacious and quite, and the best was extremely comfortable. The complimentary internet service was extremely slow but a small inconvenience. Would definitely recommend to anyone, no matter what brings you to Chicago.

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor so you can enjoy the view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Bonjour lviewguy,

What a wonderful review you have given us! Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay back to the windy city in April.
I am thrilled that you found the room product, location and atmosphere great, but that you particularly enjoyed the friendliness of our wonderful Ambassadors is of utmost importance. I am glad that you felt `a bit of celebrity in you'. Your words are very generous.

I am looking forward to a return trip.

With best regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at the Sofitel with my two older daughters for a college tour around the Chicago area. Great price for large, clean rooms with all the right amenities (high speed internet, comfortable beds, nice bathroom). Also, we loved the location because we were able to go to excellent restaurants and we were close to a lot of stores. Food for breakfast was delicious too and the staff was professional and nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Bonjour Kathy A,

Thank you so much for your outstanding posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with your daughters.
I am genuinely touched that you liked our nice rooms and took advantage of the amenities. I couldn’t be more pleased to learn that you enjoyed your breakfast at Cafe des Architectes, we are very proud of it.
Your feedback for our staff at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower is of utmost importance, and I could not be happier to read and share it with the entire team.

I really look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Sofitel is a safe bet. The room was not especially big, but comfortable. Actually very comfortable. And well-insulated giving you the guarantee of a great night's sleep. If location is everything, then the Sofitel is it. Reasonable rates for this quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Bonjour KP6Switzerland,

First of all allow, thank you so very much for the time you took to share your comments on TripAdvisor further to your stay in March.
I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you consider our hotel as a `safe bet'.
Besides our perfect location in the heart of Chicago, I am glad as well that your appreciated the confort of your room and you are satisfied by the value for price paid. Your words have been passed on to the entire team and they extend their gratitude for your recommendation.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to our property,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Great hotel. Very cool lobby. Clean nice rooms with comfortable bed. spacious bathroom. Ordered room service one night .It was great. I would stay here again when going back to Chicago. So convenient to Mag Mile.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Bonjour Dfis,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I am very happy to see that you had such an enjoyable time here at our magnifique property, and that you were so very comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel Mybeds. Thank you as well for pointing out our sensational location just one block away from the Magnificent Mile, and I am glad you had the opportunity to sample a dish or two from our delightful Room Service menu. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower very soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Chose to visit Chicago to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. I chose the Sofitel for two reasons: the excellent reviews on this web site and the French design/staff. My daughter is 4th year French and felt she would enjoy the Frech atmosphere. We travel extensively (average 7-10 trips per year) and this hotel definately ranks in my Top 10. There is a vast different in hotel expectations depending on whether it is a beach front resort, a Carribbean escape, or a city venture. Of all the big cities that we have visited, this hotel ranks #1 for city hi-rise. The modern design was amazing. The smell in the lobby from the fresh flowers was beautiful. The staff was very kind, and accommodating. The concierge Peter was a fabulous, valuable employee. Our room was great. The bedding was extraordinarily comfortable and the bathroom was very spacious. Many staff members asknowledged my daughter's birthday which made her feel extremely special. Special thanks to the staff from me for that! The city of Chicago was fun to visit. Enjoyed the wide range of dining options, the mag mile shopping was great fun, and the Shedd Aquarium was the best aquarium that we had ever visited (and we have visited MANY). I would never return to Chicago and stay anywhere else other than this hotel. The overall level of enjoyment at the hotel accounted for a large portion of the positive experience of the trip. When planning a trip to this city, definately stay at this downtown property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Bonjour loveisbliss,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful and thorough review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially seeing as you specifically chose our hotel in order to experience our slice of French sophistication in the heart of the United States. Thank you for your kind comments not only about our award winning design, but also about our outstanding Concierge team as well, and you can rest assured we have recognized our Concierge Peter for his outstanding service. We are delighted to see that you were so extremely comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel MyBeds, and that our central location was such a convenient place for you to explore the city of Chicago from. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower in the very near future!