“Fabulous .... Grateful”

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Fabulous .... Grateful”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

After a debacle at the Intercontinental with a previously booked reservation I searched on trip advisor and found the Sofitel location which exceeded all expectations. From the room to the service to the restaurant everything was wonderful . Great location and a must stay !

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cantiris
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Bonjour Cantiris,

Thank you so much for your outstanding posting regarding your recent stay.
I am genuinely touched that you found our hotel `fabulous' and the service `wonderful'.
Your kind comments have been shared with our entire team. I could not be more pleased to learn that you chose us based on the Tripadvisor reviews.
Thank you for sharing and recommending us.

I really look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a nice weekend in Chicago in May 2014 staying at the Sofitel Water Tower. Everything about this hotel sets up perfectly for a weekend getaway. All the key requirements were there - great service, clean modern rooms with all the comforts, nice ground floor bar, and a perfect location. All the staff we dealt with were great. Upon arrival we had an issue with the safe (probably our fault) and after calling the front desk I think the repair person came within 2 minutes. Very fast! We were interested in eating and shopping and this location is a stone's throw from all of the Rush street restaurants and bars plus the best of Michigan Ave shops. We even had a nice cocktail hour sitting in the cozy patio chairs near the entrance soaking in the afternoon sun. I highly recommend the hotel for those wanting to have a fun weekend getaway in Chicago!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonjour John E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a beautiful review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you spent a `nice and fun' week end with us.
I truly appreciate your kind comments not only about our comfortable rooms, but also about our great location; and you can rest assured I have recognized my entire team for his outstanding service. I am also pleased to see that you took advantage of our delicious cocktails at the patio of Le Bar.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Chicago very soon!

Victoria
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel lives up to the Sofitel name in every way. The moment you check in you are made to feel welcome.

The rooms are very comfortable and spacious, my room was facing East with a view of the water, great with the sun through the window each morning.

There are plenty of fantastic restaurants and bars within walking distance. Although not needed as the restaurants and bar at the hotel are also quite good.

Ideal location with a short walk to the magic mile, the water front and public transport. Easy to get to Wrigley Field.

Happy to stay here when next in Chicago.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Bonjour FamilyTripers,

It has been a pleasure to read about your impressions following to your recent stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your room and the beautiful and sunny view of the lake.
Thank you for pointing out our excellent location, close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining and mentioning as well our restaurant and bar.

It is an honor to be considered as the place to stay in Chicago and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a great hotel. Very comfortable. In a good part of town. Walking distance from everything. The staff at the hotel are superb - very cheerful and helpful. Room is spacious. Overall, an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bonjour Ripwalk,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am truly thrilled that we have fulfilled our mission to make your stay a memorable one.
It has been a great pleasure for me to share your wonderful words with our staff.
Thank you for complimenting our Ambassadors and pointing out our excellent location, close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.

I look forward to welcoming you back!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My daughter and I came to Chicago from abroad for her 8th birthday. I mentioned this in my reservation and the truly amazing Elizabeth Holle turned what would have been a perfectly lovely stay into an unforgettable lifetime memory. We were shocked to find at check-in that we were upgraded to a suite with a stunning view on the 31st floor. In addition, Elizabeth arranged for the restaurant to send up a delicious chocolate cake with "Happy Birthday Yali" written in chocolate on the plate. Next to the cake was a bag full of gifts (nice, thoughtful ones!) and a card, personally signed by members of the hotel staff. My daughter and I were blown away by Elizabeth's thoughtfulness and sincere efforts to make my daughter's birthday special. I thought the housekeeping staff was also very thorough, professional and friendly. The room was magnificent (with a very comfortable bed and fabulous bathtub and separate shower), the view stunning and Elizabeth can be credited with making our stay in Chicago an absolute delight. She's a real asset to the Sofitel and I'm so grateful for all that she did for us during our stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank serobinson123
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Bonjour amitj,

Thank you so much for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I so appreciate that you chose our hotel for this special occasion.
I am so pleased that your overall guest experience was wonderful and that we fulfilled our mission to make this special occasion an `unforgettable lifetime memory'.
Elizabeth was more than happy to receive your comments and see the beautiful pictures you posted.
It is also great that you liked our entire accommodation and enjoyed the beautiful view offered by your suite.
Thank you for your words and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back home soon, for another special occasion!

Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent place to stay. I have stayed at other high end hotels in the area, but would recommend the Sofitel over all of them. We had a great four day weekend and their service was wonderful. Peter Cremer in concierge was the best. He was able to source tickets to the playoff games between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Minnesota Wild both games. They went the extra mile in making us enjoy our time in Chicago.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Bonjour Kirk B,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you recommend our hotel.
Thank you for your kind comments not only about our wonderful staff, but also about our outstanding Concierge team; you can rest assured we have recognized Peter for his outstanding service. I am also pleased to see that you took advantage of your trip to Chicago to attend the playoff games.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.