“Highly recommended”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Really excellent hotel - great service, specious and clean rooms with an amazing view.
I stayed there on a business trip around Christmas season loved the spiced tea served in the lobby and beautiful Christmas decoration & atmosphere. I had blueberry pancakes for breakfast which were delicious.
I cant comment on a "value for money" though as i didnt pay for it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Bonjour SweetestTaboo1,

What a pleasure to read your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your last stay with us in December for the superb Christmas season. And thank you for `highly recommending' us. That you consider our service to be `great' is the nicest compliment possible. All the staff takes very much to heart such comments as yours.
I was very touched by your kind feedback regarding the rooms and the `amazing' view.
Finally, your satisfaction regarding the food at breakfast and particularly the delicious blueberry pancakes is most important for us, and I will be happy to share your feedback with the entire kitchen team.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great service, nice rooms, good food, great location but expensive. I have seen others get rooms for $170 a night but we paid much more than that.

Also, $63 a night for valet parking is very high, even for Chicago.

Bar very nice unless a large group arrives and the wait staff in undermanned.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on upper floors
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Bonjour Charles S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your nice feedback with us on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to read that you received a `great service'. Our team is always very proactive and do its best to provide the high level of service, which you should expect from a Sofitel Hotel. It is also wonderful to hear you enjoyed the location of our hotel and our nice bar.
I am very sorry to know that you were displeased with the value of our Valet Parking facilities. Although the city has just imposed an $8 tax on all downtown overnight parking facilities which has impacted our rates, we feel that our rates reflect the average downtown Chicago rates and they are on par with our nearby competitors as well.
I am always sensitive and concerned by all comments to improve the quality of our standard of service.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon,
Best regards

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for whilst on holiday, the staff are friendly and accommodating, the rooms are clean, fairly modern with a large bathroom. There were 3 of us in a room and we never once felt cramped at all. The Sofitel is also close to shopping, and great restaurants, which helped! Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Bonjour Lauren R,

I was very pleased by your kind comments on Trip Advisor following your experience at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I very much thank you for recommending us. It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our property and our well designed rooms. Your satisfaction regarding the staffs’ service is most important for us, and I will be happy to share your feedback with the entire team.
Finally, I really appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the location of the hotel.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hotel is very well located (an easy walk to Rush Street) and comfortable. It provides everything you may need from amenities to dining and drinking options. Personally, Personally, I found it expensive but then our currency is poor versus the Dollar exchange rate. Service was excellent especially in the restaurant and the help we received with getting 3 very heavy suitcases to our room was really appreciated. It seemed to be very busy with large numbers of conference delegates as Chicago was hosting two large events during the week of our stay, 19 to 23 May. Overall a very satisfactory experience.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Rush Street are better than those on the front as they face a great big crane and build...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonjour Geraldharvey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
I am glad that your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower was enjoyable and I am honored to read that you would recommend our hotel and location.
I will be sure to share your kind words regarding the service at the restaurant with everyone on our team.

I truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.
Regards

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times now and keep returning when I visit Chicago. The location is great as it's so close to Old Town, one of my favorite areas. There is great shopping (walking distance) and are great restaurants (walking and driving) nearby. The service in every department is excellent. Honestly though, the food at Sofitel is great so if you are very busy and don't have time to plan dinners that's OK. My husband and I really like their Sunday brunch. Service in the bar is great too, and room service is quick. My room has always been spotlessly clean. The bed, pillows, and bedding are all very comfortable and there are always plenty of towels. The front desk is quick and efficient.

1 Thank Deirdre W
Bonjour Deirdre W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower and for your loyalty.
I am very happy to see that you have always such an enjoyable time here at our magnifique property, and that you are so very comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel Mybeds. Thank you as well for pointing out our sensational location just one block away from the Magnificent Mile, and I am glad you had the opportunity to sample a dish or two from our delightful Sunday Brunch, Le Bar and Room Service menu.
I do appreciate your nice words for our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower very soon.
Best regards,

Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

My first stay was in June 2012. I was impressed with everything. Normally, I would look for a restaurant outside a hotel, but I arrived late and decided to try the hotel's restaurant. I'm glad I did as my dinner was first rate. I told our hotel administrator that we should start using the Sofitel for meeting and we have. My colleagues and the executives at our meetings really like the hotel as well. Nothing is cookie cutter here as the rooms are nicely laid out. There is a definite French accent floating around the entire hotel, creating a nice atmosphere. The location is convenient and in a very desirable part of town. Finally, the staff has always been helpful. I have been back several times since my first visit and I look forward to returning.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank EconHipster
Bonjour EconHipster,

I really appreciate the precious time you took to share on TripAdvisor your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. Thank you very much for your recommendation and for your loyalty.
My Ambassadors and I were happy to learn that you consider the hotel as `your first choice in Chicago'.
It was particularly wonderful to read that you always experience our slice of French sophistication in the heart of the United States.
Lastly I am happy to know that you like our wonderful restaurant, Cafe des Architectes.

Looking forward to welcoming you back amongst us for another `impressive' stay,
Best regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

It was nice to stay somewhere and to feel like the staff truly enjoyed their job. The hotel was a bit far from the business section of town but otherwise a great location with plenty of shopping and restaurants. Perhaps better for pleasure than work trips.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank LizT822
Bonjour LizT822,

Thank you so much for your outstanding posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am genuinely touched that you found our hotel `nice' and service `Extremely friendly'. That means a lot to us.
Your kind comments have been shared with our entire team. I could not be more pleased to learn that you love our location for leisure purposes.
Thank you for sharing.

I really look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager