“Amazing time in Chicago!”

Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #24 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is simply marvelous. The bed we had in the junior suite was the most comfy bed we've ever slept in. The location is perfect if you want to visit chicago. Near to the metro station, close from the wather. Easy to walk distance from many touristic attraction. The concierge was really helpfull to talk to about neibourghood and how to get around the city. We had a blast :)

• Stayed: July 2014
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Bonjour Jade L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am very happy to see that you had such an enjoyable time here at our `marvelous' property, and that you were so very comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel Mybeds. Thank you as well for pointing out our sensational location just one block away from the Magnificent Mile, and the beautiful lake Michigan.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Write a ReviewReviews (4,472)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

It's my second time in this hotel and I love it even more, staff very welcoming and friendly, very comfortable bedding, amazing service,u must try there chocolate Croissant. Will defiantly defiantly be back :)))

• Stayed: July 2014

Bonjour Lina0514,

First of all allow me to thank you very much for the time you took to share your comments on TripAdvisor further to your stay with us. And thank you for your loyalty!
I am glad to see that you were so extremely comfortable in our famous Sofitel MyBeds. I was very touched by your kind comments regarding our staff and `amazing' service.
Finally, I really appreciate your wonderful feedback regarding our delicious chocolate croissant.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Fabulous place. Great view, immaculate rooms, feather bed and pillows were ultra comfortable. We were expecting rooms on lower floors but were put on the 28th floor. The glass shower was great. We will go back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour vwohsam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us in July.
I am thrilled that you appreciated the room and bathroom product, as well as the view. I am glad also that you were particularly impressed by our famous Sofitel MyBeds.

Looking forward to welcoming you back amongst us for another `awesome' stay,
With best regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a wonderful room - upgraded to a suite, we had lots of room and a very comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the overall appearance of the hotel. The location is great. Very close to restaurants, shopping, and the lake.
It is not inexpensive but the price was similar to other hotels in the area.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour Don S,

I am delighted that your experience at the hotel was so positive. I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to see that you were extremely comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel MyBeds and `wonderful' suite. It was a real pleasure to read that you were able to take advantage of our excellent location in the city, close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
Thank you for complimenting our team.

Looking forward to a return trip,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed there in July 2014. The lobby is fun and modern. Check in staff was friendly and efficient. Rooms are comfortable and spacious for Chicago. Our room was very quiet and we were able to sleep well. Plenty of room to move around and plenty of closet space. Also a nice, very large bathroom with a separate shower and soaking tub.

All staff we encountered were very friendly, professional and helpful.

There are TONS of great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, and Michigan Ave shopping is just a few blocks away.

One word of warning - the valet parking was $65 per night. That is steep even for Chicago. They did have free Wi Fi.

1  Thank loungedog

Bonjour loungedog,

What a pleasure to read your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your last stay with us earlier this month.
That you consider our service to be `very friendly, professional and helpful' is the nicest compliment possible. All the staff takes very much to heart such comments as yours.
I was very touched by your kind words regarding our rooms and well designed bathrooms.
Finally, I appreciate your satisfaction regarding our excellent location in the city, close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
I am very sorry to know that you were displeased with the value of our Valet Parking facilities. We feel that our rate reflects the average downtown Chicago rates and they are on par with our nearby competitors as well.

I hope to welcome you back to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

the hotel is rather new and located in the center of Chicago. The staff is friendly and the gym is quite large. In addition the rooms have a decent size. Since I've visited a couple of hotel in Chicago in the past I would argue that this hotel together with two others (The James and MileNorth) are the one I would certainly come back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Bonjour Marc C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us last April.
I am glad that your experience at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower was enjoyable and I am honored to read that you would recommend our hotel and central location.
I will be sure to share your kind words regarding the service with my entire team.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very good hotel in a good location downtown Chicago. Nice and friendly staff. No breakfast buffé at the hotel but there are plenty of places nearby. Fitness facility ok. Got a room at floor 26, the view was great. Will for sure stay here again next time i'm in Chicago.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bonjour Roger E,

Thank you very much for the kind comments you shared on TripAdvisor further to your stay with us.
Indeed I was delighted to read how much you were pleased with your guest experience and the view from your upper floors room. It means a lot to us that you mentioned having liked the service provided by our `friendly' staff.
Also I was glad you appreciated our wonderful location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.