“C'est fantastique!! Merci...”

Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #22 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Such an incredible and chic hotel with close proximity to Mag Mile & Watertower shopping & great restos. This hotel is such a gem, I almost didn’t want to share! A little off the beaten path which makes it quieter and more relaxing but still very close walking proximity to everything including Nordstrom Rack which is just down the street! Cool, moody & chic lobby. It’s such a gorgeous building & has excellent, elegant and attentive service. Rooms are spacious, and beds are very, very comfortable and very quiet. Bathrooms are large with spa like tub, fantastic shower & Lanvin toiletries! I could stay in there forever! I ate in the hotel resto for breakfast two mornings & the waitstaff are very attentive, friendly & very accommodating even when I ate on my own one morning. The real bonus is the patio outside the hotel. Their coffee is some of the best I’ve had anywhere. The croissants are sinfully amaaaazing!! Had room service and the waitstaff is equally as friendly and gracious. Concierge staff couldn’t be more helpful or accommodating. The gym is small but very well equipped and overall the hotel is immaculately clean. I adore this place and would go back in a heartbeat! Thank you for such a relaxing and incredible stay in such a fabulous city!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Bonjour Cruizergrl,

I thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your last visit at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am very honored to read your words concerning our location.The entire team has been also recognized for the outstanding service they provide constantly.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your `fantastique' stay with us and that our hotel's appearance exceeded your expectations. In fact, we just celebrated our 12-year anniversary last June; our unique design by architect Jean-Paul Viguier has made us one of the Chicago skyline's 'architectural gems'. I am also happy to know that you appreciated our breakfast at Cafe des Architectes and above all the coffee and viennoiseries.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property really soon to enjoy our Terrasse.
Kindest regards,

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hotel with style, for children there is nothing extra, but a nice quality hotel with good location.

Words like "classic" and "business" and "quality" comes first to my mind when thinking about Sofitel Water Tower.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Bonjour Petri_fin,

I was very touched by your kind comments on Trip Advisor following your experience at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower last January.
I very much thank you for recommending us. It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our property and the words you chose to describe us. I will be happy to share your feedback with the entire team.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spent hours scouring trip advisor reviews to find the ideal hotel to celebrate our 21st anniversary in Chicago and we were not disappointed! The hotel is perfectly situated just minutes from shopping on the Magnificent Mile and a short walk to many attractions in the Loop. The rooms were quite spacious, very clean and QUIET! We would highly recommend this Windy City hotel.

Room Tip: We had a great view of the Hancock tower on the 18th floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Bonjour C F,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I so appreciate that you chose our hotel for such a special occasion.
Very pleased that you found our rooms`spacious, clean and quiet'. This is very important to us.
It is also great that you liked our central location and enjoyed the beautiful view overlooking the John Hancock tower.
Thank you for your words and for recommending us.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Best regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I had stayed here years ago and loved it. It's a little more dated but the location, price and service can not be beat! It's located near Rush and so much in walking distance. The staff was very helpful. Very clean and the beds are amazing. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour Betsy612,

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted that you loved our MyBed so much that you described it as `amazing'. I am very honoured to read your words concerning our staff. They all have been recognized for the outstanding service they provide. So glad that you found the location `perfect' and that your entire stay met your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the future,
Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to take a staycation in chicago. We used hotwire, and our mysterious 4.5 star hotel turned out to be Sofitel. In short, we were not disappointed.

Our room was extremely nice. Both my girlfriend and I agreed that we had never slept on a more comfortable bed. The shower in the bathroom also had great pressure, temperature, and settings. Everything was pristinely clean.

The service was very good, although not perfect. We had a drink at "le bar" before getting dinner. Even though the bar was mostly empty, service was kind of slow, and our server forgot to give us a glass of water. Later at night, we had a slice of cake sent to our room. Although the room-service dispatcher said it would take thirty minutes, it came up in 10, and was extremely delicious.

Overall, my girlfriend and I had a great experience at Sofitel. It wasn't perfect, but given what we got and the price differential between Sofitel and a 5 star hotel (which even on hotwire was a few hundred dollars), the value was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Bonjour Brian_P3027,

I thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your visit at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
We are very honoured to read your words concerning our `excellent hotel'. I am thrilled that you found the room product and cleanliness great, but that you particularly enjoyed the shower. I am glad that you were particularly impressed by our famous Sofitel MyBeds.
I have truly noted your comments regarding the service you received at the bar. I regret the incidence.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were booked at this hotel on a Priceline Express Deal for so little that I'm embarrassed to write the amount.
This hotel was excellent in every way: location, room, service, facilities. Even though our reservation showed that we were Priceline customers, we were treated as if we had paid the rack rate.
The lobby was calming, the staff attentive and friendly. The room had a beautiful view and a large bathroom: tub AND shower, plus lots of space for toiletries.
I am a regular TA reviewer and this is one of the best hotels I've ever reviewed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east have beautiful views of John Hancock Tower and the lake through the buildings.

Bonjour gefilte63,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay amongst us.
I am delighted to read that we are `one of the best hotels' you have ever reviewed.
It is also a great satisfaction to know that our service went beyond expectations and that you had an amazing overall experience. I am also glad that you enjoyed the space and view offered by your room.
Thank you for sharing your tips with our valued readers.

I really look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Only stayed one night here and didn't spend too much time in the hotel as we were touring about the city. But, the hotel is in a great location ...right near the John Hancock building, The staff (from the valets to the front desk) was extremely friendly. The decor was very nice and the rooms were very nice and comfortable. Beds were cozy and baths were very nice with a separate bath tub and shower. Free coffee in the restaurant in the morning. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Bonjour Jackie255VT,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. Very pleased that you found the service to be `extremely friendly' from the point of arrival to your departure. This is very important to us.
It is also great that you liked our entire accommodation and enjoyed our complimentary coffee and tea served in our restaurant every morning.

Look forward to a future visit when you can enjoy again our wonderful location.
Best regards,