“My favorite hotel in Chicago”

Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #22 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Sofitel is perfectly located in the Gold Coast.
Great shopping at Lululemon, Madewell, and other nearby stores.
Easy access to wonderful restaurants such as Le Colonial (French Vietnamese) or Bar Toma (Italian, try the grilled octopus).
An easy cab ride to excellent venues for blues, or the theater district. We saw Sting's Musical "The Last Ship". It made for a fabulous weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Bonjour Shelli R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we are your `favorite hotel in Chicago'.
Thank you for your kind comments about our great location. You are so right saying that this is such a convenient place to explore the city of Chicago and I am happy you took advantage of it.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
Yours sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. The hotel is relatively new. It's clean and beautiful. The location is great, too! The most important thing is, they know how to take care of their guests. Unlike some other hotels who charge pet fees as high as $100 (such as Marriott), Sofitel only want us to deposit $200, which is totally refundable if no damage upon check out. Also, the window shade in our room was stuck and couldn't move up, they sent someone to fix it immediately. In addition, the day before our leaving day, we asked whether they can provide us late checkout. They extend it to 2 p.m. without any hassle! I would recommend it to my friends in the future. Really, this hotel got evverything a traveler can ask.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour ColumbusUrbanLife,

Thank you very much for the kind comments and nice pictures you shared on TripAdvisor further to your recent stay with us.
Indeed I was delighted to read how much you were pleased with your guest experience and our `great customer service'. It means a lot to us that you mentioned we `got everything a traveler can ask'.
Also I was glad you took advantage of our central location and a late check out.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Bonjour,

Thank you very much for the kind comments you shared on TripAdvisor further to your recent stay with us.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Originally requested a King room, but then had a change of plans and added one more person, needing a two double beds instead. It was an extra $40 per night, so no dramas there. We arrived early so the hotel kept our bags in storage. The room was ready around 3pm (normal check-in time) so they gave us a call to inform us, as we were out having lunch.

We were placed on the 32nd floor, which is the highest floor, and had a pretty nice view of the city (Room 3216).

The only minor issue was that we were not given any shampoos/conditioners/bath gels in our room. Luckily we're the typical tourists who take the left over bottles from our previous hotel which was also a Sofitel. So we never got any new products throughout our 4 nights there.

Besides that, everything was great. The doormen, receptionists, and the concierge were all very kind and helpful.

Not even a 5 minute walk from Magnificient Mile, and very close to the John Hancock Center - convinient for tourists, as it is one of the tour bus stops.

Overall, I would stay here again, and would definitely recommend it to the next person.

• Stayed: July 2014

Bonjour Bessb09,

First of all, thank you very much for the time you took to share your comments on TripAdvisor further to your recent stay.
It was a real pleasure to read about your guest experience, and that you were able to take advantage of an upper floors room. I am really happy that you enjoyed the beautiful view.
Thank you very much as well for pointing out our excellent location, close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining. Your nice words have been passed on to the staff and they extend their gratitude for appreciating their efforts so well.
I have noted your comments regarding the amenities in the room and I truly regret the inconvenience it caused you. This is not typical of our standards of service and should you miss anything during your next visit, please do not hesitate to call Guest Services.

Looking forward to welcoming you back amongst us for another `great' stay,
Best regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Such an incredible and chic hotel with close proximity to Mag Mile & Watertower shopping & great restos. This hotel is such a gem, I almost didn’t want to share! A little off the beaten path which makes it quieter and more relaxing but still very close walking proximity to everything including Nordstrom Rack which is just down the street! Cool, moody & chic lobby. It’s such a gorgeous building & has excellent, elegant and attentive service. Rooms are spacious, and beds are very, very comfortable and very quiet. Bathrooms are large with spa like tub, fantastic shower & Lanvin toiletries! I could stay in there forever! I ate in the hotel resto for breakfast two mornings & the waitstaff are very attentive, friendly & very accommodating even when I ate on my own one morning. The real bonus is the patio outside the hotel. Their coffee is some of the best I’ve had anywhere. The croissants are sinfully amaaaazing!! Had room service and the waitstaff is equally as friendly and gracious. Concierge staff couldn’t be more helpful or accommodating. The gym is small but very well equipped and overall the hotel is immaculately clean. I adore this place and would go back in a heartbeat! Thank you for such a relaxing and incredible stay in such a fabulous city!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour Cruizergrl,

I thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your last visit at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am very honored to read your words concerning our location.The entire team has been also recognized for the outstanding service they provide constantly.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your `fantastique' stay with us and that our hotel's appearance exceeded your expectations. In fact, we just celebrated our 12-year anniversary last June; our unique design by architect Jean-Paul Viguier has made us one of the Chicago skyline's 'architectural gems'. I am also happy to know that you appreciated our breakfast at Cafe des Architectes and above all the coffee and viennoiseries.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property really soon to enjoy our Terrasse.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hotel with style, for children there is nothing extra, but a nice quality hotel with good location.

Words like "classic" and "business" and "quality" comes first to my mind when thinking about Sofitel Water Tower.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Bonjour Petri_fin,

I was very touched by your kind comments on Trip Advisor following your experience at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower last January.
I very much thank you for recommending us. It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our property and the words you chose to describe us. I will be happy to share your feedback with the entire team.

I hope to welcome you back soon,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spent hours scouring trip advisor reviews to find the ideal hotel to celebrate our 21st anniversary in Chicago and we were not disappointed! The hotel is perfectly situated just minutes from shopping on the Magnificent Mile and a short walk to many attractions in the Loop. The rooms were quite spacious, very clean and QUIET! We would highly recommend this Windy City hotel.

Room Tip: We had a great view of the Hancock tower on the 18th floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Bonjour C F,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I so appreciate that you chose our hotel for such a special occasion.
Very pleased that you found our rooms`spacious, clean and quiet'. This is very important to us.
It is also great that you liked our central location and enjoyed the beautiful view overlooking the John Hancock tower.
Thank you for your words and for recommending us.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Best regards,