“Very comfortable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

As expected in a hotel of this rating we had a very comfortable stay. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The beds are comfortable with super pillows and excellent linens.
Excellent bathroom with great towels toiletries and bathrobes.
The minibar is automated so it is not possible to remove items without charge but on request they provided a small 'fridge' at no additional charge.
Tea and coffee freely available at the bar until 1030am.
Convenience store and restaurants within immediate vicinity as well as the major stores of the magnificent mile.
Efficient and friendly service from all staff encountered

Hotel is situated north of the loop, very close to the Hancock Tower, the hop on hop off bus and the subway.
I would certainly is this hotel and train again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travguy
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Bonjour travguy,

What a wonderful review you have given us! Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us earlier this month.
I am thrilled that you liked the comfort of your room along with the amenities, but that you particularly enjoyed your interactions with our wonderful Ambassadors is the most important for us. I am also glad that you were particularly impressed by our famous Sofitel MyBeds.
Thank you for your nice words regarding our convenient location in Chicago downtown.

I am looking forward to a return trip.
With best regards,

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Donwers Grove, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I took my niece for a "night on the town" and Sofitel was the right choice. We were greeted warmly by Matthieu. I mentioned we had heard the top floors had the best view and told us if we could wait awhile, he could upgrade us. We were glad to wait and a short time later, he delivered our room key to us in the bar. The room was lovely, the view terrific and the bed was so comfortable we decided to have room service the next morning so we could stay in bed! Our continental breakfast had delicious croissants with French press coffee and we were greeted graciously. It was a perfect location and we loved everything about it!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kalmell
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Bonjour Kalmell,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our team, and you can rest assured we have recognized Mathieu for his outstanding service.
I am delighted to see that you were so extremely comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel MyBeds, and that you enjoyed your room service breakfast.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.

Horsham, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel is located in downtown Chicago - there are plenty of surrounding retail shops, entertainment options and eateries. The hotel itself is upscale and the rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and provide excellent views of Chicago and the river. The restaurant in the hotel has a nice menu with good options for a quick bite and a drink. But the thing that topped off the hotel was the service - it doesn't get any better and they can't do enough for you while there.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river - the views are excellent -especially at night.
      Cleanliness
Bonjour eldiablo50,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a beautiful review of your recent stay here at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to take advantage of our wonderful location so close to the Magnificent Mile and beautiful Lake Michigan.
I am very pleased that you were so happy with the gorgeous view from your guest room, and that you had such a great experience with our staff and in our restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Chicago in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was our first stay at the Sofitel. It was a very beautiful hotel. The staff was fantastic. Very attentive to our questions and very helpful with directions. The Sofitel is in a great location. We walked every where. It was nice not having to take a cab. Over all we would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Nice views of Chicago on the top floors
Bonjour James L,

Thank you so much for your outstanding posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay.
I am genuinely touched that you would `definitively recommend' us and that you found our hotel `beautiful'.
Your kind comments regarding the staff have been shared with them. I could not be more pleased to learn that you loved and took advantage of our central location.
Thank you for sharing your tips with our valued readers.

I really look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future.

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

From the moment that I was warmly welcomed at the door, until I reluctantly departed after too brief a visit, the Sofitel provided everything that I could possibly want. My room was spacious,
luxurious, comfortable, and immaculate. All guest needs we're provided for and housekeeping did
a wonderful job each morning. I had a beautiful view of Chicago's iconic Hancock Building from
my floor to ceiling windows, and my room was very quiet throughout. I enjoyed delicious cheese plates with champagne in the restaurant, and found the servers to be attentive to my needs. The hotel concierges were readily available to recommend local restaurants, arrange airport transportation, and print my boarding pass. Gracious doormen held the door for me and welcomed me back to the Sofitel each time that I returned from my daily activities. Another feature that distinguishes this great hotel is the appreciation expressed by staff members for choosing the Sofitel. The hotel's location, near the Water Tower, the Magnificent Mile, and Lake Michigan, make it ideal for dining, shopping, and sightseeing. I could not have selected a better place to stay during my visit to Chicago, and look forward to returning!

Room Tip: The 9th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Lifeisanadventure61
Bonjour Lifeisanadventure61,

What a pleasure to read your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us earlier this month. And thank you for this beautiful headline. It was a real pleasure to read about your overall experience at the hotel. That you consider the service to be `wonderful' is the nicest compliment possible. All the staff takes very much to heart such comments as yours.
I was very touched by your comments regarding the rooms and the beautiful view.
Finally, your satisfaction regarding the food at the Cafe des Architectes is most important for us.
Thank you for complimenting our hotel, service and location.

I look forward to a return visit.
Best regards,

St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Service is impecable. Thje staff warm and welcoming. Rooms are clean, comfortable and large. The room amenities are many and upscale. The location is perfect for bars, restaurants, shoping and sightseeing.

Location
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour G0ILLINI,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I so appreciate that we are your `first choice' in Chicago.
Very pleased that you found the service `impeccable'. This is very important to us. My entire team was more than happy to receive your kind comments.
It is also great that you liked our rooms along with the amenities. Also I was glad you appreciated our wonderful location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.

Looking forward to welcoming you back amongst us,
Best regards,

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel was the highlight of our trip to Chicago. The suite we've got was spacious, bed simply amazing. Close to shopping, dining, sightseeing. Lovely view from the top floor. Highly recommended, especially for romance, shopping, city life.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank THREOslo
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Bonjour THREOslo,

I am genuinely touched that you enjoyed your stay in your `spacious suite' with nice view and that you liked our French bathroom amenities by Hermes.
I could not be more pleased to learn that you love our famous Sofitel MyBeds, we are very proud of them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower very soon.