We stayed at the Sofitel for a quick Chicago visit. We absolutely love all that Chicago has to offer and this hotel will definitely be one we will visit again. The hotel celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary with a room upgrade and chocolate covered strawberries. Here is a breakdown of Sofitel.
Front Desk: The Front Desk personnel are very nice and professional. We arrived at the hotel at 9:00 a.m. Even though check-in is at 3:00 p.m. they were able to accommodate us and check us in. I also liked how the staff came around the desk to shake our hands and give us our room keys.
Hotel: The hotel lobby is beautiful. I enjoyed the patio area in the front of the hotel. It was a great area to read or to just hang out. The hotel is in a great location. The hotel is walking distance from many wonderful restaurants and fantastic shopping. Also there is a great tea shop across the street.
Rooms: We had a Deluxe King Room. It was very clean, modern and a had a great view. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was a nice size for a city hotel. * note: the room does not have a coffee machine; however you can request a complimentary Keurig to have in the room. Also complimentary coffee and tea is provided every morning in the restaurant by the bar. This is not mentioned anywhere in the room or hotel. I just learned about this because of other reviews on Tripadvisor. The mini-bar is also very sensitive. Housekeeping must have moved some things around in the mini-bar and created a charge of $50. However the hotel quickly removed the charge without any hassle.
Area of Improvement: I would recommend that the hotel either on the website or checkin mention the the option of a coffee machine or the complimentary coffee and tea that is provided each morning. Also I did notice that the staff around the coffee/tea bar was not that friendly. They never greeted any of the guests that were getting coffee. There were other staff members at the front door, some bellman that never smiled or said hello. I think that these small improvements would make this a more like a 5 Star hotel. But from my experience I would say it’s a solid 4.5 star hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Look forward to visiting Chicago soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile bids you welcome with world-class downtown Chicago hotel accommodations - minutes from Michigan Avenue, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Art Institute, and trendy boutiques. Designed by the French architect Jean-Paul Viguier, our downtown Chicago Illinois hotel is a 32-floor prism of glass, boasting 415 rooms, including 33 luxurious suites. Embrace modern design and rich architectural legacy at this luxury hotel in downtown Chicago, Illinois. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Sofitel