“nice, clean” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #22 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“nice, clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very friendly service at the front dest. Our room was very nice and clean. Good location for walking(Gold Coast, Magnificent Mile). Comfy beds. Only there for one night, but was pleased with what we saw.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Bonjour JustJoan68,

I appreciate your comments posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
You were very generous with your comments, and I very much appreciate that you found the front desk staff “very friendly”. You are so correct, our location is very convenient.
I am happy to see that you were so extremely comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel MyBeds and `very nice and clean' rooms.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower in a not too distant future.

Sebastien Pfeiffer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (615)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The bed was super comfortable, you could sink in and not come out for days. Ask for a room above about the 15th floor so you can have a marvelous view of Chicago's beautiful architecture. The location is also very handy to downtown and to the Chicago red line El station, and you could stroll to Michigan ave or the lakeshore. We used to live a little north of here and were considering staying in our old neighbourhood, but really, downtown is the way to do it in this city when you're visiting. The atmosphere, the people, the food, the attractions, it's all here. What a great city!

We got a priceline deal which made the price to stay here a steal. We also didn't get given a cruddy room just because we booked a deal, which was nice. Somehow we got free internet with our room, but not sure how we did that.

Room Tip: The higher up you are, the better the views, and in Chicago they're worth it. Also we had free w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Canada-Oz
Bonjour Canada-Oz,

I sincerely appreciate you took the time to write those kind words about your recent stay with us at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am glad to see that you were so extremely comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel MyBeds and nice rooms with a beautiful view. Thank you for recommending our upper floors rooms as well. I could not be more pleased to learn that you enjoyed our central location and took advantage of it.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon in this `great city'.

Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at the Sofitel for a quick Chicago visit. We absolutely love all that Chicago has to offer and this hotel will definitely be one we will visit again. The hotel celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary with a room upgrade and chocolate covered strawberries. Here is a breakdown of Sofitel.

Front Desk: The Front Desk personnel are very nice and professional. We arrived at the hotel at 9:00 a.m. Even though check-in is at 3:00 p.m. they were able to accommodate us and check us in. I also liked how the staff came around the desk to shake our hands and give us our room keys.

Hotel: The hotel lobby is beautiful. I enjoyed the patio area in the front of the hotel. It was a great area to read or to just hang out. The hotel is in a great location. The hotel is walking distance from many wonderful restaurants and fantastic shopping. Also there is a great tea shop across the street.

Rooms: We had a Deluxe King Room. It was very clean, modern and a had a great view. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was a nice size for a city hotel. * note: the room does not have a coffee machine; however you can request a complimentary Keurig to have in the room. Also complimentary coffee and tea is provided every morning in the restaurant by the bar. This is not mentioned anywhere in the room or hotel. I just learned about this because of other reviews on Tripadvisor. The mini-bar is also very sensitive. Housekeeping must have moved some things around in the mini-bar and created a charge of $50. However the hotel quickly removed the charge without any hassle.

Area of Improvement: I would recommend that the hotel either on the website or checkin mention the the option of a coffee machine or the complimentary coffee and tea that is provided each morning. Also I did notice that the staff around the coffee/tea bar was not that friendly. They never greeted any of the guests that were getting coffee. There were other staff members at the front door, some bellman that never smiled or said hello. I think that these small improvements would make this a more like a 5 Star hotel. But from my experience I would say it’s a solid 4.5 star hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Look forward to visiting Chicago soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lovetotravelinluxury
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Bonjour Lovetotravelinluxury,

Thank you for your generous comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I am so pleased that your overall guest experience was wonderful and that we fulfilled our mission to make this special occasion an unique one.
I am glad that you found the front desk staff `very nice and professional'. This is very important to us and we are very proud of us. I also really appreciate your comments for the design and comfort of the lobby, room and bathroom.
However, your description of the bellman and restaurant teams was so not in keeping with the feedback we generally receive, yet I am very appreciative that you brought those experiences to our attention. I have truly noted your recommendations.
Also it was great to read your comments about our central location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Thomasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel provided a comfortable room with a nice view of the city, great staff that was friendly and answered all questions promptly, excellent food in a comfortable setting and a good value and the location provides easy access to most downtown sites.

Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Bonjour Don T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I appreciate your contribution with such a positive review. I am very happy that you spent an `excellent stay' with us, and that you appreciated our rooms along with the beautiful view, as well as our delicious food.
Also I was glad you took advantage of our wonderful location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Sofitel for a business trip to the Windy City and the hotel was clean and nicely decorated. I will return to Chicago in the future and stay at the Sofitel. the hotel is situated 2 minutes walk from the main shopping street and 5 minutes walk to the North side beach.

Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Bonjour Ian L,

Thank you so much for your nice posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
I am genuinely touched that you found our hotel `clean and nicely decorated'. Also I was glad you appreciated our wonderful location close to both Michigan Avenue shopping and Gold Coast dining..
I really look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future.
Yours sincerely,

Leavenworth, Kansas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very clean and friendly hotel in the middle of the city! Close to Michigan Avenue and other fun things to do! The housekeeping / bellhop were very courteous. Remembered our name, which is amazing! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Construction on front side of hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie W
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Bonjour Laurie W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your `great stay' at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I so appreciate that you consider our hotel `clean and friendly'. So glad as well that you found the location ideal and that your entire stay met your expectations. This is very important to us. I have shared your nice comments with the bellman and housekeeping teams.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Yours sincerely,