“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I stayed over for one night on a Friday. We had a great room (Prestige Suite). Rooms are very modern and clean. The bed is a pillow top mattress and it is very comfortable.Room service breakfast was delicious, we had eggs and potatoes, arrived hot and fast.
We hung out at the lobby outdoor bar for a while at night, it was a great scene..
Staff was very accommodating and seemed to care about their guests..

We are actually coming back the following weekend for another overnight we liked it so much!

Thank you Sofitel..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Bonjour Mark T,

I am so thankful that you chose Sofitel Chicago Water Tower for your summer weekends in Chicago and that you took the time to post this glowing review on Tripadvisor.
The satisfaction of our guest is our highest priority and I am delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay with us. It is a real accomplishment that you chose this nice headline `Great Hotel'. I have been pleased to share your feedback with our team who received your praise as the utmost reward of their hard work.
I already look forward to welcoming you again today.

Kindest Regards,
Sebastien Pfeiffer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Toronto
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here over summer and had a great time. Rooms were spacious and comfortable and the hotel is located in a good area of the city. It's not as central as hotels we previously stayed in but it wasn't far off. Bathrooms were great with a nice stand up shower and the bed was very comfy! Only changes I would make is the rooms look a little dated, something about the red carpet throws me off a little.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bonjour Dear TripAdvisor Contributor (Kyle71473),

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a nice review on Tripadvisor.
I am truly delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our `spacious' room and bathroom and that you liked our famous Sofitel MyBeds.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this location several times. It is always great! From the location to the turn down service everything is perfect. Convenient to lots of nice restaurants and only a short walk to great shopping on Michigan Avenue. The hotel is very modern. It has floors that light up in the entry way, beautiful fresh flowers, very nice and helpful staff, good restaurant in house, nice rooms with awesome views and the best bedding ever. Definitely a must on your next Chicago trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for the best view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bonjour Dawn B,
I would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor regarding your recent visit at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. And thank you for your loyalty.
I am delighted to know that you always enjoy your stay with us, and that you are to take advantage of our wonderful location so close to the main attractions of the city.
I am very pleased that you are so happy with our gorgeous room and bed, and that you had such a great experience with our team.
I hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Getting off at the Chicago Red stop, Sofitel Chicago Water Tower was just a few minutes walk away. It's in a wonderful location, conveniently located in downtown Chicago close to a variety of restaurants, museums and theaters. The architecture and design of the hotel is absolutely stunning and it's matched beautifully by the gorgeous interior. Walking in, the lobby is grand and nicely appointed with ample seating and the front desk staff was pleasant and welcoming.

The room was spacious with a very comfortable bed and polished bathroom accoutrements. Unfortunately, I noticed a long hair strand on my towel and another one on the bedside table, hence the three-star review. Otherwise, my stay was great. The conference room was a perfect size for our group and the breakfast and lunch that they provided were enjoyable. The hotel also offers complimentary wi-fi for 24 hours, which was a nice perk.

Cleanliness is important for a hotel so the hair around the room from either the last guest or the housekeeper was an unwelcome sight.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Maisha R
S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Bonjour Maisha R,

I thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor following your last visit at the Sofitel Chicago Water Tower.
I am very honored to read your words concerning our hotel and front desk staff. I am delighted that our hotel's appearance exceeded your expectations. In fact, we celebrated our 12-year anniversary last June; our unique design by architect Jean-Paul Viguier has made us one of the Chicago skyline's 'architectural gems'. I am also happy to know that you appreciated our famous MyBeds and enjoyed our convenient location.
I have truly noted your comments regarding the room cleanliness. I will share them with my Director of Housekeeping in order to improve upon our services and I can assure you this is not typical of our standards of excellence.
I hope that you will present us with the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Kindest regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 August 2014

It was perfect. Gorgeous room. Excellent service. The most comfortable bed I can remember. Slept like a baby. From check in to check out a fantastic experience in all ways. The only drawback? I couldn't stay longer.

Room Tip: Every person I met (elevator, lobby) seemed to have a great room
Green Features: Cleanliness to the max. All I read about the environmentally friendly practices I found inspirational.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

S_Pfeiffer_Hotel_Mgr, General Manager at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Bonjour AndreaMichaels1214,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. I am so pleased by the headline you chose.
I am very happy to see that you had such a `perfect' time here at our property, and that you were so very comfortable in our world-renowned Sofitel Mybeds. Thank you as well for pointing out the sensational service your received from our entire team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spend our honeymoon for five nights from the moment we arrived until our departure we were very impressed we got an upgrade on our arrival with a great view of the Hancock tower. One thing bugged me the service in the bar is very slow we ordered a starter and 2 mains we waited 30 mins for food we got mains but no starter 5 mins later it arrived prices were very expensive you will get great food on places in rush st for better prices and service

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Simone G
Bonjour Simone G,

First of all, thank you so very much for the time you took to share your comments on TripAdvisor further to your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that your overall guest experience was wonderful and that we fulfilled our mission to make this special occasion an unique one. Congratulations to both of you!
It was a real pleasure to know that you were able to take advantage of an upgrade and that you enjoyed the beautiful view from your room. I have well noted your comments regarding the service at Le Bar and I truly regret the inconveniences. I will share your points with my team.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2014

A bit of a let down. The hotel common areas are well kept, but our suite was run down and tired looking. Attention to detail was not evident. This is a nice hotel, but is not in the same class as it's competitors by rating that are located with the same neighborhood. Also, the crowd is a bit on the young side, so we would not recommend for middle aged or older couples.

Room Tip: A high floor is a must - this is a high rise and so ask for a floor above 20 if at all possible. The...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonjour Phoenix051,

Thank you so much for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us earlier this year.
I am genuinely touched that you find our hotel `nice' and the public areas `well kept'. You are so right saying that you can take advantage of beautiful views from our hotel. Thank you for sharing your tips with our valued readers.
I took good notes of your comments regarding your suite condition. This is not typical of our standards of excellence and I hope I could be able to determine in which room you were staying in.
I really look forward to seeing you soon.